Convergint Technologies

Convergint Technologies Management reviews

Canada44 reviews
A typical day at work would be receiving tickets over mobile app and picking them up as you go, you get to learn allot of relay and wiring troubleshooting, sensor troubleshooting and on the odd occasion you will have to troubleshoot software. Management is easy to work with as long as you are performing well. Culture at work is pretty good, lots of get together for employees, Christmas parties and such. Some community giving events can be expected as well. Hardest part of job like any other would be dealing unknown issue that have not been resolved yet previously and you will have to figure it out step-by-step, on the bright side at company like "Convergint" you will always have team of techs that are willing to help you. Most enjoyable part of work is you get to manage your own time and appointments.
The overall experience had been positive. I feel that I am respected and they care about my safety. The colleagues are generally respectful of each other and negative people are usually not tolerated by management or the other staff. I would recommend this location.
This company acts like they care about their employees but they don’t!
I have seen so many people getting fired or quitting. Don’t waste your time. They fire and hire someone everyday.
Management is so careless
This company started out great, but slowly turned into one big soap opera, ran by a bunch of people so concerned about their image that customers and employees always suffered. They do not listen to front line staff and cut corners wherever possible.
I worked at Convergint , Fort McMurray Suncor site for a few years. It was hands down the worst experience of my life. I asked for fall protection training because my job required me to climb fixed ladders 50 to 60 feet high. Managements response was " the cage will catch you" and " I'm not asking the client to pay for that".

Many people were off on stress leave due to the horrible conditions we worked in. it is very easy to get fired , the staff worries about job security on a daily basis.

safety matters on paper , they could care less about you or your safety. the safety officers have no training whatsoever and usually don't leave their desks. same with the leads. they constantly throw people under the bus and have zero leadership skills.

If you don't suck up to management you will be fired period.

The Maintenance Team will be little you and make you feel so dumb that you will actually start to believe them . so toxic.

This was the worst experience of my life so people please listen to me and don't waste your time applying .
When i joined Convergint in 2018, the management was extremely supportive and gave priority for work & life balance. Few months back, the management had changed and the complete process has been changed. The work culture became so stressful and the now there is no leadership skill for the management.
Convergint tells you they value you, but you are just a number to them, the fire and hire people at the drop of a hat. Upper management has zero BAS experience. They are predominantly a security company and have little focus on anything else despite what they tell you. They have no standard operating procedures and no design department, majority of their projects don't turn much profit and are a mess, also have minimal service contracts. Don't work there if you are considering a BAS role, it is a security company.
This is my first oilsands HVAC job and I feel extremely fortunate to have ended up joining this team. As a new employee you have endless resources to aid you into a smooth transition within your department. I was pleasantly surprised with how helpful everyone was when you had a questions or concern.

I personally believe management has done an excellent job of selecting the people that make up this team and it just makes coming to work feel like your going to hangout with the guys. Your day to day up here is so much more enjoyable when you are having fun at work !

Best place I have ever worked. Couldn't imagine working elsewhere after now experiencing this opportunity.
Leads will fire anyone that wasn't referred by them or has more/better qualifications. Insecure controlling behavior imparted by LEADs also.
High expectancy of you to mind read through work scopes, site bldg. conditions and material whereabouts. Certain trades are very CLICKY. If by second week THEY don't LIKE you; you're FIRED so, walk on glass. Major backstabbing. Usually you'll be able to tell because they'll start giving the cold shoulder, rude supervisory behavior too.
If you think you can stomach this or have "friends" already there, go for it. If you think this is the same as a Camp Job, try again.

Mad at myself for leaving a great job for this.
I have worked for several company’s in the oil sands , this is by far the best managed ! Like any contract work in the oil sands things can change daily and with previous company’s that was frustrating ! The management here keeps us up to date on contract status , and also opportunities within for personal growth and career advancement. Some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Managers and supervisors will fire anyone that shows better work habits or training/education than them for fear of losing their jobs,Was hired with 3 other guys,myself and another were let go last day of shift without warning,I unfortunately had already left site when I was informed of being let go for not being a good fit despite no issues or reprimand during my probationary period so now my tools are on site without a definitive date or cost to myself to have them returned which I need to start another job once found.co worker was let go for same excuse and was an experienced tradesmen but made light of lack of tooling,safety issues and improper procedures being used in the overhead door trade,do yourself a favor and do not work for this company unless you are willing to leave any good work habits,professionalism,and safety at the gate so convergint can keep hiding the shoddy work they are performing for suncor
Poorly managed, worst corporate culture I have ever encountered. The Job culture looks amazing on paper and at first, but then you find out that management punishes anyone who follows it. Safety is a joke here, Total joke. Every time I needed PPE or other equipment to work safely, I ended up getting in trouble from management for 'costing money and delays' and then would get in trouble again for breaking the safety rules because I couldn't get the PPE, material, manpower or equipment needed to do the job in compliance with safety regulations.

Profit matters more than people, and the corp culture and company values are all lies they don't even pay lip service to. Be aware. This may not bother you the way it bothers people with professional integrity.
Pros
Nice looking vans
Cons
long hours, understaffed, apprentices work alone, safety costs money attitude
Be careful with these guys - they will fire you if you sneeze the wrong way. If you enjoy living in fear everyday at work that you might get fired then this is the company for you.
Pros
Cons
Managment Supervisors and zero job security
Lots of unprofessional staff. Backstabbing is common. Most of the employees who have been in this company for several years have bad attitudes but management and HR cannot do anything about it. Some managers need proper training on how to handle their staff. This is a place where lazy employees got promoted as long as they are nice to their boss or management.
When there is work to be done, it's busy and hard hitting - but when there is nothing it drags and not a lot of 'make busy' work. I get along well with both management and co-workers and there is always something fun going on. A great corporate culture.
Pros
culture, work/life balance, pay
Cons
not always trasparent management, some mirco management
Not a company that you can trust. Worked there 2 weeks, did what I was told, followed the safety rules, kept my yap shut, no issues.Then, after I got home for 2 weeks off, got a call from head office saying I wasn't the right fit?
DON'T DO IT!
Pros
Food, lodging, pay, and co-workers.
Cons
Everything else including fear of being fired every day cause that's all people talked about.
They will promise you a permanent position, good pay, group RRSP. On the other hand, you deal with backstabbing, gossips and lies, more lies and double faced people. Group RRSP after your hire is a scam. They never give the company portion at all!

The working environment is toxic!
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Great place for work. Good management, focused on results. They provide support to continue education too. Great work life balance, positive work culture.
Upset reading poor untrue comments. Really enjoy working here. Very open company. Good attitude and respectful you will never have any issues here. Great group of guys to work with. No issues with management at all
Pros
Christmas Dinner. Personal HH jackets. Great moral
Cons
Long days
Are you desperate enough to work for a Company that trades your life for $? Both short term and long term? A Company that has more invested interest in preserving its physical assets and yearly revenue than the verbal and written agreements it has with its employees? Do you enjoy deceptive and alienating management methods? Does the concept of being potential collateral damage to protect Company image and maintain client contract, sound appealing to you? If so...Convergint is for you. Convergint will stop at nothing to be a multi billion dollar Company.

The wage will sound good and they’ll promise a lot of perks. Sadly they will slowly be taken away or you will quickly find that these “signing” perks didn’t even exist. Job security will be promised but you will soon see that it’s a “turn style” Company. It doesn’t matter how good you are at your job or with people... you must maintain a “chess like Pawn” modicum to achieve any long term employment.

Convergint is the “trades” version of the cut throat world of corporate greed. Nothing family about them. Just money, lies and deception. At least in Fort. Mac Murray.
Pros
“Some... good people”
Cons
Just about everything
Convergints maintenance operations in the oilsands are poorly managed, and potentially dangerous as a result. In the first six months of my employment they fired 3 people a shift, often for little reason. They preach integrity but it's clear they do not know what it means.
Pros
14/14 shift
Cons
Safety not important enough.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergint Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8