Convergint Technologies

Convergint Technologies Employee Reviews

I enjoy working here. Safety is important to the company and training is provided. The crew is good and mostly helpful. Some people are not the right fit and management does listen to the crew when new hires arrive, but that is a positive imho. Job security can be an issue. Turnover has been a constant that’s true and the customer dictates some of that but there are a lot of people on the crew that are here since the start of the contract. There are negatives as there are with most jobs but overall it’s positive. I would recommend working here to anyone
Pros
Good salary, good crew, good accommodation, 2/2 rotation
Cons
2 weeks away from home
Travailler pour Convergint Tech est une perte de temps. Les recruiteurs sont des idiots. Aller autre part. Ils sont mechants !
Pros
zero
Cons
trop nombreux
If your turnover is so high it’s not the employees it’s HR. If it’s not HR it’s management.Personally I think the lack of execution of the Green Hat program and the lack of SOPs results in failure.Spend some money and do the job properly!
Pros
Good Dinners
Cons
Bad lunches
Stress full, Bad Management, not worth your time, Rude people who promote family. Not many Albertans working in Alberta. This was the worst job I have had in my entire life.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Other than money
Terrible place to work, the management team are suppose to support the employees but at convergint they do not. Convergint managed to take a great shift and destroy it buy being cheap, dishonest to their employees and themselves. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
2/2 shift
Cons
Everything else
everything was more than i have ever had. The management was great to help or work with you to make you comfortable. Working in an industrial plant can be overwhelming. People that have the experience were there to guide you.
Pros
great salary, benifit, pension
Cons
work away from home.
Nice company to work for. They treat you well and they will always tell you to be safe and follow the safety protocol. If you don't know ask policy. Everyone is part of the family and they will assist above and beyond. The team leads, supervisors, operations team and maintenance teams are great. Management are good and helpful. Peace sign every time you meet them in the road. I am a 4th and have passed all my 3rd since 2017 but I am not complaining. I would have stayed but moved because of family reason. I will apply back if my wife got a job in Fort Mcmurray. I would recommend any qualified person to apply.
Pros
Safety Culture, Salary
Cons
Away from home for 14 to 15 days
A typical day at work would be receiving tickets over mobile app and picking them up as you go, you get to learn allot of relay and wiring troubleshooting, sensor troubleshooting and on the odd occasion you will have to troubleshoot software. Management is easy to work with as long as you are performing well. Culture at work is pretty good, lots of get together for employees, Christmas parties and such. Some community giving events can be expected as well. Hardest part of job like any other would be dealing unknown issue that have not been resolved yet previously and you will have to figure it out step-by-step, on the bright side at company like "Convergint" you will always have team of techs that are willing to help you. Most enjoyable part of work is you get to manage your own time and appointments.
The overall experience had been positive. I feel that I am respected and they care about my safety. The colleagues are generally respectful of each other and negative people are usually not tolerated by management or the other staff. I would recommend this location.
Great place to work, lots of awesome guys to work with and the best rotation. Not a camp job so have to make your own food at the accommodations provided but being in town gives you much more freedom.
This company acts like they care about their employees but they don’t! I have seen so many people getting fired or quitting. Don’t waste your time. They fire and hire someone everyday. Management is so careless
They are well run and great place to work with room for advancement. Benifits are good, rrsp contributions and education is paid once all levels are achieved
It is a very progressive company looking for the best people. they will fire you as an example to make themselves look powerful and tiscarew you into working ti their sticks
Pros
coveralls
Cons
lunchroom
Maintenance and operations, crews, leads and supervisors are all great people. Supportive work environment with room to grow within the company. One of the better jobs I've had.
This company started out great, but slowly turned into one big soap opera, ran by a bunch of people so concerned about their image that customers and employees always suffered. They do not listen to front line staff and cut corners wherever possible.
I worked at Convergint , Fort McMurray Suncor site for a few years. It was hands down the worst experience of my life. I asked for fall protection training because my job required me to climb fixed ladders 50 to 60 feet high. Managements response was " the cage will catch you" and " I'm not asking the client to pay for that". Many people were off on stress leave due to the horrible conditions we worked in. it is very easy to get fired , the staff worries about job security on a daily basis. safety matters on paper , they could care less about you or your safety. the safety officers have no training whatsoever and usually don't leave their desks. same with the leads. they constantly throw people under the bus and have zero leadership skills. If you don't suck up to management you will be fired period. The Maintenance Team will be little you and make you feel so dumb that you will actually start to believe them . so toxic. This was the worst experience of my life so people please listen to me and don't waste your time applying .
When i joined Convergint in 2018, the management was extremely supportive and gave priority for work & life balance. Few months back, the management had changed and the complete process has been changed. The work culture became so stressful and the now there is no leadership skill for the management.
Convergint tells you they value you, but you are just a number to them, the fire and hire people at the drop of a hat. Upper management has zero BAS experience. They are predominantly a security company and have little focus on anything else despite what they tell you. They have no standard operating procedures and no design department, majority of their projects don't turn much profit and are a mess, also have minimal service contracts. Don't work there if you are considering a BAS role, it is a security company.
This is my first oilsands HVAC job and I feel extremely fortunate to have ended up joining this team. As a new employee you have endless resources to aid you into a smooth transition within your department. I was pleasantly surprised with how helpful everyone was when you had a questions or concern. I personally believe management has done an excellent job of selecting the people that make up this team and it just makes coming to work feel like your going to hangout with the guys. Your day to day up here is so much more enjoyable when you are having fun at work ! Best place I have ever worked. Couldn't imagine working elsewhere after now experiencing this opportunity.
Very busy, time goes by quick bcuz of it. Every person has their job duties but are helpful showing you the ropes apart from their own busy workload. Triage supervisor can be delegated and done from home.
Leads will fire anyone that wasn't referred by them or has more/better qualifications. Insecure controlling behavior imparted by LEADs also. High expectancy of you to mind read through work scopes, site bldg. conditions and material whereabouts. Certain trades are very CLICKY. If by second week THEY don't LIKE you; you're FIRED so, walk on glass. Major backstabbing. Usually you'll be able to tell because they'll start giving the cold shoulder, rude supervisory behavior too. If you think you can stomach this or have "friends" already there, go for it. If you think this is the same as a Camp Job, try again. Mad at myself for leaving a great job for this.