Convergint

Working at Convergint: Latest Convergint Reviews

Canada61 reviews

securitysafetyculturecompanylongyearpeoplemanagement

Featured review

Convergint selected this as a representative review
Amazing place to work with all benefits and maintaining a work family balanced environment. Supporting colleagues and best clients to gain technical experience.

Pros

No stress, Work family balance, good benefits, supporting colleagues

Good place to work and friendly co-workers.

Typical day/night shift is answering calls and creating service requests for clients.Receiving alarms and dispatching accordingly to keyholders, ambulance, police & fire, security guard. This is a very small place with 2 employees per shift only so you need to be responsible and show up on time. This is a slow-pace job. Not a typical call center where you get calls after calls. It doesn't pay very well. You will get maybe $17/hr to start.Good befenits starting on your first day. You don't get that at other companies.

Insights into Convergint

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Management understands work/life balance and that family comes first. Some jobs can be stressful but that is just the industry in itself. Great co-workers. Highly recommend a career with this team.

Growing Security Company trying to figure out the security business on the fly.

Fairly new growing player in GTA.Not very organized.Technical team is strong and helpful.Management does not understand the business of security and it's standards. Everything is PO, cost , profit etc to them.Training on systems is absent on job, if worth is proved. they will assign you for certifications.

Pros

407 access, gift cards etc

Cons

No direct support/help from management, everyone is lost trying to do the right thing.

Convergint Technologies take great value in their employees.

Upon starting their it was like I was welcomed immediately. Management & my peers were great to work with. They always provided us with tools for the job, training. There was no such thing as a dumb question. Our living accommodations were awesome.

great company to work for fully satisfied

great company , great people , good management . friendly managers , benefits and they're very generous . friendly coworkers . money was really good , wish I could work for them again

Pros

lots

Cons

Excellent company to work for

I have worked for Concergint for 2 years. Throughout this time management and office staff are very supportive and easy to get along with. They are malleable and flexible when it comes to any personal issues that may arise.It is a face paced industry.Lots of technical support for any issues that may arise.Management ensure everyone's safety is #1.

Pros

Oncall, salary, benefits, management.

Cons

Sometimes long hours.

Don’t waste your time

Convergint has a bad reputation of low job security and over worked staff. Toxic employees, high turnover (75% of the branch has less than or close to 1 year at Convergint). Expect to sit at home without pay multiple times a month. They may pay you a high hourly rate but you won’t make much as hours are cut frequently, all while they hire more staff. Not only do they fire frequently but employees quit often also.

Pros

Hourly rate

Cons

Job security

Worst management system I’ve ever worked for.

Never had any problems with anyone, easy work , nothing’s challenging. The major problem with this company is they don’t have any of there supervisors or leads trained to handle professional trades . They are so into looking to protect there management system that the people actually on the tools are left out to hang. It’s definitely a Clicky, big boys club on the management level. If there’s problem if the field the first reaction from the untrained supervisor is to discipline, very reactive, your always guilty and they won’t listen to your side of the story , it’s not really there fault , there just uneducated about how to deal with employees and how to fix problems without going over the deep end . I was there long enough to see this happen regularly. If you just want a job to make money and are not looking to advance in the company, this might be a place for you ... but if you care about being your best , helping the customer and your fellow workers , this isn’t the place for you . They only want to hire mindless tradesmen who only say “ yes sir , I’ll get it done , even if it’s not written that way in the Alberta building code book “ .

Pros

A pay check

Cons

Untrained management core

Worst management I have ever encountered

The manager has no background in the trades. Sold boats prior to working for convergint. The supervisors present like they have your back but they are so far from that it is very deceptive and stressful. Not about people it is about money. They went through handfuls of guys in my time there. Who is next......? Not worth the stress, the little bit of extra money. A whole bunch of folks out for themselves.

Pros

Condos were all right

Cons

Awful management, back biting untrustworthy

Amazing team, professional, and colleges I can respect

When I first came to this site I was worried as it is ran with a skeleton crew, however that quickly went away as the staff here may be in low numbers but all are the top of their trade/craft a true team and it feels like a family, you definitely have to pull your own weight and if this is your work ethic you will excel here , the culture is supporting and mentoring one another. When a internal position is available it is offered in house first. This is a great family to work with.

Pros

Fair pay, ok RRSP, camp is clean and close to site.

Cons

RRSP /pension could be better

Terrible management

the middle management only cares about make themselves look good, pretend care about the “people” in front of the higher managers. You can’t trust any of them, be aware!

Pros

fair pay

Cons

dishonest culture

Une equipe d'incompetents !!!

Travailler pour Convergint Tech est une perte de temps. Les recruiteurs sont des idiots. Aller autre part. Ils sont mechants !

Pros

zero

Cons

trop nombreux

Waste of effort and good will

If your turnover is so high it’s not the employees it’s HR. If it’s not HR it’s management.Personally I think the lack of execution of the Green Hat program and the lack of SOPs results in failure.Spend some money and do the job properly!

Pros

Good Dinners

Cons

Bad lunches

Great crew

I enjoy working here. Safety is important to the company and training is provided. The crew is good and mostly helpful. Some people are not the right fit and management does listen to the crew when new hires arrive, but that is a positive imho. Job security can be an issue. Turnover has been a constant that’s true and the customer dictates some of that but there are a lot of people on the crew that are here since the start of the contract. There are negatives as there are with most jobs but overall it’s positive. I would recommend working here to anyone

Pros

Good salary, good crew, good accommodation, 2/2 rotation

Cons

2 weeks away from home

Lots of Drama and high turnover

Stress full, Bad Management, not worth your time, Rude people who promote family. Not many Albertans working in Alberta. This was the worst job I have had in my entire life.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything Other than money

Horrible Management

Terrible place to work, the management team are suppose to support the employees but at convergint they do not. Convergint managed to take a great shift and destroy it buy being cheap, dishonest to their employees and themselves. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

2/2 shift

Cons

Everything else

great job, great salary, benifits

everything was more than i have ever had. The management was great to help or work with you to make you comfortable. Working in an industrial plant can be overwhelming. People that have the experience were there to guide you.

Pros

great salary, benifit, pension

Cons

work away from home.

Good company, Safety Oriented and Helping one another!

Nice company to work for. They treat you well and they will always tell you to be safe and follow the safety protocol. If you don't know ask policy. Everyone is part of the family and they will assist above and beyond. The team leads, supervisors, operations team and maintenance teams are great. Management are good and helpful. Peace sign every time you meet them in the road. I am a 4th and have passed all my 3rd since 2017 but I am not complaining. I would have stayed but moved because of family reason. I will apply back if my wife got a job in Fort Mcmurray. I would recommend any qualified person to apply.

Pros

Safety Culture, Salary

Cons

Away from home for 14 to 15 days

Good Workplace to start your career as a tech

A typical day at work would be receiving tickets over mobile app and picking them up as you go, you get to learn allot of relay and wiring troubleshooting, sensor troubleshooting and on the odd occasion you will have to troubleshoot software. Management is easy to work with as long as you are performing well. Culture at work is pretty good, lots of get together for employees, Christmas parties and such. Some community giving events can be expected as well. Hardest part of job like any other would be dealing unknown issue that have not been resolved yet previously and you will have to figure it out step-by-step, on the bright side at company like "Convergint" you will always have team of techs that are willing to help you. Most enjoyable part of work is you get to manage your own time and appointments.

Good place to work.

The overall experience had been positive. I feel that I am respected and they care about my safety. The colleagues are generally respectful of each other and negative people are usually not tolerated by management or the other staff. I would recommend this location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergint. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement