Conuma Coal Resources LTD

Conuma Coal Resources LTD Employee Reviews

First time working at a coal processing facility. It definitely was dirty, physical work. Initially we were a week on week off, which was great, but then switched to 4 on 4 off which I didn't like due to my family life. Wages and benefits were decent, but a step down from my previous job. Not much to advance to it's all sorta the same, there was no trades options at the time. The folks I worked with weea blast and the supervisors were great
Do not waste your time unless your local no camp poor management so you never know how when you last day is. Very clicky culture. Lots of green people in a levels of operations
Pros
Rate
Cons
No camp or places to rent
Lots of favoritism, struggle to keep well running equipment, quick fix and put it back to work, poor management, poor recognition of good work ethic, some of the worst operators I've seen while the good ones are unrecognized and underappreciated
If you have a choice don’t do it . Poor maintenance standards no repercussions for poor work ethic. You will keep climbing the ladder if your good under the desk . Geriatric supervisor that will blame everyone but himself.
Cons
2 hour bus ride(on a school bus) each way, no travel time paid, no loa and Ot only given to the chosen ones. Manger has a god complex and isn't willing to listen.
Cons
Long hours, no travel time paid no loa.
non safety,non respectful management, favoritism, accommodation don't provide, unused schedule, so don't recommend if you thinking about your life and safety,features etc.........
Safety is a joke. Told to operate equipment without proper working safety equipment. Management preaches safety then turns a blind eye if there is a problem. Not worth the time or money
Pros
Salary is ok
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work Overall, C Crew was the best crew to work with. Great leadership and great atmosphere. Beautiful place to live and to call home, a nice place to hang your hat at the end of the day.
I only worked for this company for three months but during my time there I was treated very well. The best scenario is to be living in the area instead of having to commute back-and-forth every set.
4 hrs travel time per day not paid. 12 hour days all straight time they make you sign a paper so they dont have to pay OT unless you take extra shifts, production takes priority over everything.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Conuma Coal Resources LTD?
Some struggles with organization between department s. Excellent benefits from day one. Good team to be a part of. Good shift rotation healthy work life balance .
I've been with Conuma Coal since 2016 and it has changed my life. I love working there thank you Conuma. I love haven a week on and a week off gives me time to spend with my family and go camping ect.
Pros
Bonus great staff to work with
Cons
Unsure how many more years open
I found over all the job was good learned lots from my peers and I found people for the most part were willing to take the time to teach you. Alot of green people but that is mining. Biggest down fall for me was working with supposedly experienced operator's that didnt help people but themselves they were bad for morale and will be the down fall of any good company.
The coworkers were great. the training was minimal. the work was extensive. the work to life standards were very unfair. i believe that i was treated unfairly by the management.
Pros
ocassional extra time for cooking lunch
Cons
It was close to home for a great balance between family and work place while living in the surrounding communities. I enjoyed the 7 x 7 work schedule.
Poor management lead to no accountability. Felt as though people were out to get my job right from day one. Old boys club and if you didn’t get along with them then good luck
Pros
Beautiful locations
Cons
Management, long hours and long days, commute from town, no phone reception at site
Although housing is not available at the mine site and is somewhat difficult to obtain in Chetwynd the work culture is very good and the opportunity for advancement is excellent with some effort and dilligence.
Company used to be good , big slide in safety culture in passed year . People feel afraid to confront management about safety concerns . Pay is good but housing is expensive so unless you’re local you’ll be paying out the nose . No camp , no travel , busses used to transport to sites often broken down , no heat , etc . HR is often ineffective at resolving issues .
Pros: - Excellent pay. - Friendly co-workers. - 12 hours a day. - 1 week on, 1 week off. - Wonderful owner (CEO), great guy! Cons: - Management was passive aggressive, rude, disrespectful, micro-managed, and set me up for failure by giving falsely granted poor grades as an excuse for dismissal. - Management took requests from those that wished to try new things. They then set people up on machines they don't want to do out of spite and pettiness so they can laugh about it privately. - Management never presented opportunity to various workers to prove their worth, knowledge and dedicated. Judgment was often based on favouritism, seniority and job status. If you were a regular worker, you will be treated poorly, yelled at, and belittled in front of co-workers. If you're a mechanic or someone else of importance, you'll be treated with respect and dignity. Other thoughts: - I really wish I could award 2 or even 3 stars overall. But due to how I was treated, regardless how amazing the owner is, I can't spare it or recommend working there to anyone wishing for some stability or job security. People work there mainly for the money because there is very little incentive to stick around for anything else.
Pros
Money
Cons
Conuma is a very enjoyable company to work for. They offer an excellent compensation package, and it is a great work atmosphere. Lots of opportunity for learning and growth if you are willing to put the work in... Hard work and dedication are recognized, and rewarded.
Dont worry about the lockers full of ppe , those r people that left before u guys , lol , workers couldnt leave that place fast enough ,I guess lol trrible management