Contrans Tank Group Employee Reviews

Best place I’ve worked in my 29 years
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON31 August 2018
The beauty of this place is there is no pressure. I work and run my way on elog or when it was paper. I’ve been here 11 years on same liquid board. While no job is perfect this one is pretty close for me. We still get uniforms allowance. We get driver safety awards which are pretty good. We also get a bonus at Christmas.
It is open door policy for me. I have no filters. I say what I think. I take it when I’m wrong or did something wrong. Every trucking job has good runs and bad runs. Home Time is what you get anywhere in a long haul environment. Life is too short too get worried about when and how long you get home. My pay is always there. Occasionally missed something which they rectify right away on next pay
I have paid for three trucks here. Paid my house bills. Isn’t that what we truckers do. We work hard for our families. I had many jobs before staying here. I like it and I am open book to anyone who asks.
There is no pressure when weather gets bad. No load worth your life. Never an issue here. Maintence of equipment is non issue. They fix anything I mention.
The management and office are always great to me. I’m a joker who will tease the VP down to the wash rack fellow. Have fun and be safe is a good way to work and I can do that here. I’m not the high revenue broker. I’m a middle of the pack kind of guy. I earn the same every year I’ve been here give or take a few grand. No worries. I like my job.
The only thing I regret is they don’t get to NS enough. I’m a Maritime fellow who has to work at Contrans in Woodstock,but would love to live in NS. Maybe
  more... my next eleven years we can get that done. Cheers. Stay save. Hope this helps any who read it  less
Pros
People and awards program
Cons
Not enough to worry about
Strong company that is always growing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 August 2018
I have worked at contrans for 13 years as an o/o and now currently as a company driver. There are endless opportunities here if you are willing to work. Management and dispatch teams are great and will work with you to accommodate your needs. The equipment is excellent and inspected regularly. I enjoy the work I do and couldn't see myself driving for anyone else.
Great place to work.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON21 August 2018
Having worked on all the different boards i was never short of work in fact there was more work than what i wanted. Dispatchers are usually accommodating when i needed time off. The hardest part of the job was driving past your exit for home to go and play in GTA traffic. Truck and trailer is well maintained and i have never had issue getting something done. I paid to see my county and if i were to have one complaint i wish i was paid more!! but things are moving in the right direction everyone recently got a raise, lets hope it keeps going up!!
Pros
Great variety of work
Cons
Day cabs have no room in them
Very family friendly for big company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cardinal, ON21 August 2018
Been working here for almost 13 years. Always treated with respect and given great flexibility to balance work and home life. Great miles with ample home time. New pay package was just introduced which really makes it more worthwhile to work at Contrans Tank. All dedicated work out of my terminal with equipment that is second to none. Would never go back to Van work after being in tankers.
Pros
Safety Awards program, Trucker apreciation rewards, clothing allowance and christmas bonus.
Cons
trucks locked out at 101 km/hr
Run Promise you the world give you s@$t
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cardinal, ON17 August 2018
Have to work every other weekend so they say, it ends up being just your reset off. Pay had to be checked over well anything over 2 hrs was paid if they felt like it. If you have any kind of family life now you won't working here.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Long hrs. Have to watch your pay. Working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contrans Tank Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Contrans Tank Group Reviews by Job Title