Contrans Tank Group

Contrans Tank Group Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Have to work every other weekend so they say, it ends up being just your reset off. Pay had to be checked over well anything over 2 hrs was paid if they felt like it. If you have any kind of family life now you won't working here.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Long hrs. Have to watch your pay. Working weekends
The Cardinal terminal is a great place to work. They are always busy and have multiple contracts with major customers, so you are always busy and never bored. Management is always there to listen to your needs and help you advance. I started in their Wash Bay and they helped me achieve my A license and then they gave me a job as a loader. I’m now a highway driver with a plan to become an owner operator. They have helped many company guys become owner operators. The shop manager and the mechanics are world class, it doesn’t matter where or when, someone will answer the phone on the first ring and help get you rolling.
Pros
Safety awards, uniforms, dedicated trucks.
Cons
Occasional weekend work, trucks due for replacement.
Management is terrible, no training you are expected to know everything on the first day nobody stays for more than 3 or 4 months
They treat the employees with a smile in your face and talk behind your back method and the management will not do anything to help you there are a few workers there that are good people but they wont be there long either as they as most employees of this un fair company will find better jobs... Id rather work as an bum wiper in an old age home
L'évaluateur donne des consignes, en parlant trop fort.
Il démontre de l'agressivité, ne contrôle pas bien ses émotions.

Il est contradictoire: un jour un comportement routier est dénigré et le lendemain, approuvé.

Il ne semble pas vouloir que des femmes accèdent à la profession.

Le camion attitré ne correspond pas au besoin du chauffeur et plutôt que de le rendre conforme à la taille de l'utilisateur, il préfère congédier et passer à quelqu'un avec une taille qui correspond à la norme des hommes en général.

Donc, si vous êtes une femme, de petite taille, vous devriez vous abstenir de postuler à cette entreprise.

Le salaire…???
Good outfit with darn fine dispatch. Operations manager has an open door policy. Mechanical work, when needed, is done in a professional and timely manner. Highly recommended for anyone doing pnuematic Tank work. And the money is good and they cover your benefits. A good solid 9 out of 10.
My experience with Contrans so far has been a good one.
Now there are several different divisions of Contrans, some with a real good reputation, and others not so much, I'm in the tank group and so far so good.

Only been let down once,but was nothing to get worked up about.
The recruiter will promise you everything you want to hear and then lie that he said it. Pay rates are ridiculously low. Shop in Woodstock is great. Good pricing and discounted tires. Good mechanics.Propane division is a joke.
Pros
shop and good mechanics
Cons
low pay. Terrible management
The management in the cardinal devision of this company falsely accuse people of things they have not done and, enjoy harassing people. They do not listen to employees comments or concerns about improper work being done and, will ultimately do their best to fu** you if they can.
Pros
A couple good guys in the shop and wash bay
Bad work environment
Poor attitudes from all

No training

Pay is below average

Management is the worst

Dispatchers don't know what they're doing

No communication

Hire under qualified people to do jobs

Beg you to do something then yell at you when it goes wrong

Equipment used to be top notch but furthest thing from

Sad since it used to be a great company based on pride and morals

Now its based on bottom line at all costs and everyone elses expense

To them everyone is disposable
Pros
Cons
Pay benefits communication coworkers dispatch management
Office: Very poor management. No one seems to think ahead. Have their heads stuck in the sand. The few good ones they have left they're pushing out the door. No communication at all.
Drivers: The good ones are now leaving. Owner operators can make more money elsewhere for less hours and work. Quality of company trucks now gone.

Dispatch: Worst I've had. No one cares. Throw a load at you without thinking. Attitude/yelled at from them and board managers.
Pros
Few nice trucks left
Cons
Push to drive over hours, no communication, no overtime pay (illegal), pay rates
The beauty of this place is there is no pressure. I work and run my way on elog or when it was paper. I’ve been here 11 years on same liquid board. While no job is perfect this one is pretty close for me. We still get uniforms allowance. We get driver safety awards which are pretty good. We also get a bonus at Christmas.
It is open door policy for me. I have no filters. I say what I think. I take it when I’m wrong or did something wrong. Every trucking job has good runs and bad runs. Home Time is what you get anywhere in a long haul environment. Life is too short too get worried about when and how long you get home. My pay is always there. Occasionally missed something which they rectify right away on next pay

I have paid for three trucks here. Paid my house bills. Isn’t that what we truckers do. We work hard for our families. I had many jobs before staying here. I like it and I am open book to anyone who asks.

There is no pressure when weather gets bad. No load worth your life. Never an issue here. Maintence of equipment is non issue. They fix anything I mention.

The management and office are always great to me. I’m a joker who will tease the VP down to the wash rack fellow. Have fun and be safe is a good way to work and I can do that here. I’m not the high revenue broker. I’m a middle of the pack kind of guy. I earn the same every year I’ve been here give or take a few grand. No worries. I like my job.

The only thing I regret is they don’t get to NS enough. I’m a Maritime fellow who has to work at Contrans in Woodstock,but would love to live in NS. Maybe
 - more...
Pros
People and awards program
Cons
Not enough to worry about
I have worked at contrans for 13 years as an o/o and now currently as a company driver. There are endless opportunities here if you are willing to work. Management and dispatch teams are great and will work with you to accommodate your needs. The equipment is excellent and inspected regularly. I enjoy the work I do and couldn't see myself driving for anyone else.
Been working here for almost 13 years. Always treated with respect and given great flexibility to balance work and home life. Great miles with ample home time. New pay package was just introduced which really makes it more worthwhile to work at Contrans Tank. All dedicated work out of my terminal with equipment that is second to none. Would never go back to Van work after being in tankers.
Pros
Safety Awards program, Trucker apreciation rewards, clothing allowance and christmas bonus.
Cons
trucks locked out at 101 km/hr