Contract Pharmaceuticals Limited

Contract Pharmaceuticals Limited Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Lots of work, small company and low salary
Poor salary, no bonuses and no performance reviews
The orders are shipped late and customers complain.

No advancement, most hiring is done from outside.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, no recognition
Very bad environment and low paid workplace
Don’t go there unless you’re jobless.
Stressful work and very bad management team. A lot of favoritism. A dominating community is in power with a lot of discrimination.
Great Place to Learn
I was able to learn many different manufacturing practices (GMP) and standard of operating procedures in the pharmaceutical industry. I had the opportunity to work both independently and in a team. Also, I was able to attend various health and safety training seminars.
Look elsewhere for a meaningful job
High turnover in the company

Low talent in company ... they let go of the smartest and brightest but keep the people that bring everyone else down

Quality department doesn’t really focus on quality.... or things that really matter

Tons of people in Quality but they don’t

know what they are doing
Substandard company and culture
Leadership is weak...be prepared to lose morale. My VP was checked out and didn’t fight for his department ... other departments would be rude/hostile to us and he wouldn’t care..... he also doesn't support a flexible working environment and doesn't believe in 'working from home' even when working from home can be more productive. Manager wasn’t professional/ mature and would gossip about her colleagues incessantly. She also had to constantly “tout” her horn to show us how “good” she is (eye roll)...expectations for the quality of work produced is low and high quality is not valued and considered a waste of time. The company has tons of people just people who don't know how to manage their department ...they have tons of people who work in the labs but STILL need to outsource their work and waste thousand of dollars... the best thing are the coffee machines... they spend thousands of dollars a month on coffee, it’s actually ridiculous!

In summary the company isn't run properly, don't waste your time here unless you are super super desperate. Please let my experience not let be your mistake .... I definitely REGRET coming to this company.
Pros
Free coffee
Just a training ground
Very strange place where they pay less for who are working more.
Full of politics and scrutiny.

No job security, you can get fired just because someone with a power didn't get along with you.

Big budget for severenve packages and to compansate for operations mistakes.

No bounces, just 1000 extra every year to everyone.

Don't expect recognition, play dump, if you are smart enough to see the stupidity of the managers, you will get fired or scrutinized.

Managers will blame you for the mistakes they told you to do, so don't do something wrong even if they told you to do it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No recognition, continuous hiring and firing, low pay
Well organized and growing company, Learned and contributed a lot during my employment.
Its a contract company and giving excellent services with very good working environment.
Terrible
There is so much turnover at this company.
Management will terminate a whole department for no reason

Employees are out to get each other

Stay away from this one
Pros
People
Heavy workload
Heavy workload and stressful work circumstances, but friendly colleagues and good company's culture. However, the company's good culture has been changed gradually.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Heavy workload
Very good Work Environment, People are good.
I would like to gather my thoughts before i fill in the review.I would be filling in details about the review at later date, whenever I have the time to do so.
Front-Desk Receptionist
• Answered all incoming calls promptly.
• Maintained the front desk and reception area in a neat and organized fashion.

• Served as central point of contact for all outside vendors needing to gain access to the building.
Varied responsibilities & great co-workers
Enjoyable position - must be self-motivated but able to work in a team environment; multi-tasking necessary in order to get everything done in a typical work day!
GMP compliant Contract Pharmaceutical Lab
A typical day as an analyst includes testing for release of Finished Products, Raw Materials, Bulk/In-Process samples and testing for stability protocols using in-house and client methods, USP, BP, EP JP pharmacopoeias in a GMP regulated lab.
Pros
Flexible, O/T available
Hard and fast work
Working here was a very unique experience as i got to work with coworkers who worked very hard all their life as this was a labour work. Work experience was good. It introduced me to large industry with many employees and this was my first labour job.
Pros
8 hrs shift
Cons
exhausting
It was fun working with different dosage form in pharmaceutical industry
I enjoyed working in CPL and learned how to manufacture a product starting from dispensing to bulk packaging.
CPL Temp
A Typical day at work would be swiping in at 3:15 and waiting for the general manager to assign Temps and permanent workers their positions. Depending on the product and if it was completed or just started we would clean and go through S.O.Ps. During the summer My co-workers were students and some other temps, if not it was just the contracted workers.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
boring, repetive work