Contrôles Laurentide

Contrôles Laurentide Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Been with Laurentide quite a few years now, things have really changed over the years however one thing never does, the People are GREAT! Almost everyone is always very helpful and it's nice to see that people stick around, we are constantly challenged both technically and with timelines. Never a dull moment.
Pros
continuously learning, strong team environment, great people, alot of training, shareownership
Cons
if you aren't selected for a "future leader" you can potentially stagnate for a very long time.
La bonne recette pour réussir dans cette entreprise n'est pas par ton bon travail parce que là vous vous trompez. Vous allez rester à votre niveau puis faire l'ouvrage des autres qui eux ne foutent rien à part de lécher des bottes. Et, çà c'est bien apprécié par tous les dirigeants à l'interne. Entreprise non fiable, environnement très toxique
29 April 2020
Merci d’avoir partagé vos impressions, vos commentaires nous touchent beaucoup. Nous regrettons d’apprendre que vous vous sentiez ainsi et ne souhaitons laisser personne de côté, encore plus spécialement durant cette période difficile du COVID-19. Nous vous invitons à partager vos commentaires avec un membre de l’équipe Talent et Culture en toute confidentialité. Le succès de tous dépend de la confiance et de la fiabilité.
Major lack of professionalism, leadership, and team building. Leaders lead by pride, and demeaning communication at times. There is no job security, or proper training. CEO's comments crossed professional boundaries.
20 March 2020
We appreciate the feedback and hope you were able to share your comments with the Human Resources team prior to your departure. People Matter at Laurentide. We take all comments seriously and use them as opportunities to live our values.
Tout est mis en place pour que nous transmettons aux clients l’importance qu’ils ont aux yeux de notre organisations et ça commence par l’intégration des employés aux groupes de la compagnies
Working here several years and consider this a high intensity place with lots of opportunities.

This is an employee owned company that makes it exciting and engaging...not for the average person seeking just a job (just want a place to collect a paycheck)

management is fast paced and are very results oriented...focus on customer is first and foremost / Work process is sometimes a little confusing but as long as you take care of customer that's what counts!
20 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to have you as a member of our team!
Offices are very nice, many of the people are very smart and fun to work with. Management however is very strange, like nothing I've ever experienced. It is almost a cult-like setting (preordained chosen ones rise in the ranks, the rest will rot forever). Some serious business sense and overall treatment of employees is lacking in my opinion. Maybe good to have as a job for 3-4 years to have on your resume, but long term, there are better choices out there.
27 November 2019
We appreciate your feedback and it will be taking into serious consideration.

I highly advise you to take your concerns directly to HR.

We want Laurentide to be a place where you see yourself building a career.
Under the leadership of the previous President, Laurentide Controls was a shining beacon in the industry with very low turn-over, a great profit sharing plan and work hard play hard atmosphere. Under the new regime it has become a quagmire of boot licking and corporate red tape that has seen turn-over skyrockets and profitability drop. Unfortunate, but the sad truth.
I joined Laurentide just over a year ago and my experience has been amazing. This was my first corporate position and never would i have thought that i would get so much support starting out. Overall, I was very nervous starting out with no experience but the team is extraordinary! I truly believe the warmth i felt from day one has a lot to do with the company culture; we succeed and fail as a team! Over the past year, i have been exposed to and learnt so much! What's nice about working for Laurentide is that you are not just a number, you matter and you are valued.
Pros
Team, Learning Curve, Personal Development, 100% Employee-owned, Support, Mentoring
Cons
Too many Middle Managers (makes getting an answer a little longer- everyone wants an input)
work, work work work non stop. no breaks no lunch always leaving late. The work was very interesting but not rewarding. do not expect a pat in the back for your good work but make sure you never make a negative comment or mistake.
Pros
interesting work
Worked at Laurentides controls for a 4 months internship.
People are very nice and friendly. The management is organized. They care about their employees.
Nice work environment, friendly people always ready to help.
Lots of work and lots of carrer opportunities to grow if you show the effort.

Standard benefits and shares options available.
J'imprimais les feuilles de temps et les comptes de dépenses des techniciens et je les vérifiais si tout concordait avec l'horaire de travail. Je les remettais ensuite au gestionnaire pour l'approbation. Ensuite, je les remets a la paie-maître. Ensuite, je produisais les bons de commande.
Pros
Activités, repas gratuits
Cons
Pas de pause
Ce poste m'apporte des défis interessants. Je procède à l'élaboration de plan de lubrification, je dispence des formations spécialisés en Lubrifcation MLT1 avec certification, Ultra son et autes.