Continental Currency Exchange

Continental Currency Exchange Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews

It CAN be an okay job

It can be abs okay job. The reason I say this is because they give you a chance without any prior experience so for a high school student, it can be a great start for a part time job. I also loved that they had benefits for part time employees as well because a lot of places don’t have that. However, for full time staff, and staff who have been there for years, it’s not fair to be paid the same wages as a person who gets the job today. It’s insulting. They tell you they will give you a raise after performance review but it never comes. Worked there three years and still got the same pay as a person who walked off the street. They also get mad if you need days off. They make you work alone once they find out you’re capable of doing so. There are pros and cons to the job

Pros

Sometimes free lunch if you work alone on Sundays

Cons

No raise in pay

Great place to work as a student part time or as a mom part-time

really enjoyed my time at CCE and learnt a ton of things that are going to be extremely beneficial to my career in business(I'm an undergrad student)

Pros

Great management, benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

Ideal for students or moms :)

Good experience for entry level position

Good exposure of how a bank works , you get to learn alot and over all experience is good, work timing is good as well. Get to learn about many currencies

Pros

Good people, good timing

Cons

Sitting for longer period of hours

Decent workplace

CCE was a good place to work with the financial background I had already acquired. Though some information and processes were different ultimately money is key and the ability to be accurate in your rates and courting were to priority, s well as the ability to spot fraudulent or suspect transactions. Seeing the currencies from all over the world was always interesting and you’re never going to go a day without hearing about someone else’s trip to Europe. Decent workplace with great people to work with. Would consider working there again.

Pros

Interesting currencies, mall atmosphere, kind coworkers

Cons

Some days could be slow, customers could be abrasive

fast-paced work environment with a lot of responsibilities

There were many legal rules to follow and had to be educated in the compliance department of AML. As it was a monetary business, there was a huge responsibility on us to provide accurate info and safe-guard clientele info. Hardest part of the job was dealing with clients and the most enjoyable part was the interaction I had with my coworkers during team dinners.

Pros

location was close to home

Cons

evening shifts alone

The in between employment

This by far was one of the worst jobs I've ever worked. They hire you for a fake position, make up excuses and never promote you. The HR department is run by a women who doesnt understand what confidential means. When your sick they dont care because it's based on business needs. Just work here until better comes.

Meh

There isn’t job security here. They hire students for the summer but tell them nvm sorry we’re not busy even though they are slammed with customers and hire an old employee who decided she wants to come back. Ironic isn’t it.

Worst job

Worst job experience I have ever endured. Continue to keep the trash that causes problems and lies and doesn’t shower or clean themselves employed and picks on others. Absolutely pathetic excuse of a job, can’t keep people employed due to all their drama, bonuses do NOT get paid out and HR does not care at all.

Productive and fun workplace

Customers could be a little too much to handle at times because they thought they understood our promotions incorrectly but otherwise management was great and everyone was a pleasure to work with.

Do not work here

Terrible management from the top to bottom. Professionalism and consistency is lacking amongst staff. Immaturity and lack of ethical behaviour with staff and confidential information Pay is terrible for work that you have do to.

Worst place to work ever

The upper management does not know how to treat their employees right. Extremely unprofessional company and nepotism is very relevant here. Overall awful, do not work for them unless you don't mind being disrespected every day.

Pros

Experience with currencies

Cons

Upper management, unprofessional

Great positive work environment

Great place to work at, its fun and family-type environment. Best part about working here is dealing with different currencies, interaction with clients and getting to know about their travel experience. Every day is a new experience here. We've got the super cool boss, she is just amazing.!!

Pros

Freindly staff, Flexible shifts, Health benefits

Great, fun, learning experience

Great place to work at. The manager is great, very helpful, always smiling. The staff is great as well.You meet a lot of great people. It's fun to learn all the different currencies. Hours are great too, very flexible. You get health, dental benefits, as well as life insurance. Highly recommend it! :)

such a fun place to work at

I've been working for Continental for a few years, and it's been a pleasure. I've met interesting people, both clients and co-worker, and I've grown a lot professionally throughout my time here. There's a lot of opportunities to grow within the company and so much support to do so. There's also a great health/dental benefits package available, as well as monthly bonuses.

Easy going and fun environment

Working for continental currency exchange for the past 3 years has been an awesome experience. It has been very easy going, fun and lenient. With proper training tasks are easy to do and understand.

Overall Experience

The job itself is very easy although there is no room for growth. Management in certain branches are not fair and never allow you to feel equal in the company.

Terrible management

Horrible company to work for. Very cliquey. Management is brutal. No opportunity for advancement. Extremely unprofessional. Treat their employees like garbage.

A great company

Full time teller, responsible for customer service and transactions dealing with large amounts of cash. Responsible for opening and closing of kiosk which consisted of till and safe counts. Checked and updated exchange rates according to the Toronto Stock Exchange. Provided consultancy services to existing clients or prospect to guide them on money investments. Took on additional responsibilities which helped the company with marketing and advertising.

Great staff, great environment

I've been working for Continental for 3 years now, and it's been a fun ride. I've met interesting people, both client and co-worker, and I've grown a lot professionally throughout my tenure. There's plenty of room for advancing through the company, and no shortage of support for doing so. There's also a great health/dental benefits package available, as well as monthly bonuses. Your typical day involves serving clients coming into purchase different currencies or send money abroad, balance your tills, basic housekeeping of the branch, and enjoying some pretty great staff in the process. It can be pretty stressful at times when there's just a crowd of people in line, considering you need to be careful when dealing with such a large volume of money throughout the day, but just be keeping your pace, it's easy to overcome. The trick is to not feel pressure to "speed through a lineup" That's how mistakes happen.

Pros

Bonus incentives and professional working environment.

Cons

Working in a mall sometimes brings iin unpleasant clientele.

My Experience

Hence it is my first job i learnt a lot such as time management, workplace culture, communication skills, corporate style coding, working as a team, taking responsibility. overall it this work experience in this company is remarkable.

Gives time to learn new Technologies

Before joining this company, I didn't no much about networking, web services, working in a Linux command line environment, bash scripting, database master slave replication and many more. In this firm, I got to know and understand many technologies which made me a complete Full Stack Developer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Currency Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement