Continental Currency Exchange Employee Review

View all Continental Currency Exchange reviews

Great Work Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  ON22 June 2015
I am writing this review in hopes of giving you an idea of what the work environment is like here at CCE. I have worked here many years as a part-time teller. Any job has its pros and cons but this has been my favourite job ever. My shifts are filled with laughs and jokes. On a branch level, we are all very close to one another but still professional. Imagine coming to work every single day with a group of your good friends, sounds kinda magical if you ask me. We often organize dinners or hang outs outside of work. This job definitely isn’t for the easily stressed or distracted type of people, YOU NEED TO PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING. This is currency, mistakes are costly. This job also isn't for those who tend to call in sick often or who take a lot of time off of work, this isn't a Walmart, if you don't come to work that literally means that we no longer have somebody opening the store on a weekend or closing at night, thus somebody else is now stuck working all day or having to cancel their weekend trip for you, not nice.

PROS:

1. Management is amazing, I couldn't imagine working here without her. Even the assistants are great. CCE has a lot of employees who have been here for years, something I appreciate in a workplace.

2. Monthly incentives – yes they are not always accurate which is really frustrating but it is still a nice bonus at the end of the month. There have been months where I have brought home $200 extra just in incentives, not bad if you ask me. You need to work for it.

3. Frontline staff- we are all pretty easy going and like
  more... to have fun, come to work and do your job and we will like you.

4. Hours of operation – we close earlier than the mall, closing at 5:30 on a Saturday or 8pm during the week is good.

5. Recognition – even if others feel that HO hasn't always recognized their hard work, your manager and other co-workers definitely will. We know who works hard and who doesn't, I feel that my work ethic is appreciated.

Now to address some of the previously mentioned CONS...

1. Benefit plan – there has been a lot of talk about benefits so I do believe that it won't be long until it gets implemented. Also, there is a system in place right now that gives employees who have worked here for a certain number of years a yearly amount to spend since we don't have benefits. This is actually sometimes preferred by those employees who already have benefit coverage through a spouse or parent.

2. HO – it is true that there isn't really a HR department, HO does lack a bit of organization and consistency but over the years I have seen improvements. This is a time of transition for HO, hopefully within a couple of years everything will be sorted out. Again, HO is a core group of employees who have worked here for years, whenever I call for help with a compliance issue or question when processing a trade, I feel that I have received the help I needed. In terms of communication, if you have an issue you need to be active in addressing your concerns. You need to reach out to the appropriate people with an email or a call, yes they aren't always the quickest in addressing concerns but being persistent will go a long way.

3. Compliance – if you don't feel comfortable asking a customer what they do for a living or where their cash came from this isn't the job for you. You will get an occasional customer that will give you a hard time when you ask the necessary questions but again, we have learned how to brush it off and get over it.

In conclusion, this is a great job for students who want a long-term part-time job to get them through 4-6 years of schooling. The work environment is great and I would say that, all in all, the pros outweigh the cons.

Other Continental Currency Exchange Employee Reviews

Would have better growth and opportunities working in a bank
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2019
Upper management is rediculous. VP is the daughter of the former CEO of the company who got booted for doing shady business. There is no HR department Regional managers who are supposed to train and guide branch managers do not do their jobs and blame the employees below them to make themselves look better. Head office employees speak to branch level staff as if they are children, are rude and unsupportive. People will work side by side with you then talk about you behind your back. There is a high level of unprofessionalism which comes from head office all the way down to the regional managers.
Unprofessional and do not stand by their employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2019
This company has probably been one of the most unprofessional places I have ever worked.

There was no HR department
The upper management / district manager would come in and promise things to make you think you were getting more and never deliver.

Pros
- a couple of people I worked with were great!
- an overall easy job

Cons
- upper management does not care for their employees
- upper management makes you feel bad for giving you things you deserve - no room for growth
- company does not stand by their employees. If there is an issue or PLATFORM ERROR they blame the employee instead of the system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Currency Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6