Contemporary Security Canada Employee Reviews

seems like a good company, however my experience was'nt great
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
This company pays well. However, in my experience they over promised the amount of hours available, leading myself and others to take time out of our lives for work, only to get much less hours than we had been promised.
Review
Security Supervisor (Pan Am Games) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 February 2018
Overpaying, which was a bonus
Didn't care who they were hiring
Brought in people without security expertise so they could make $19 an hour for Pan Am Games
Great Learning Experience
Venue Coordinator Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
This was a short contract for the Pan Am games. I really learned a lot about venue security and what I am capable of. I had the opportunity to meet athletes from all over the world competing at the games. For many it was an olympic pre-qualifier requirement. The hardest part were the rotating 12 hour shifts as I am not good with overnight shifts. IT was just a fantastic experience getting to be part if it. While working, I never had to worry about meals as every shift was catered.
Pros
Meals covered, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Above Average Security Company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
My time working with Contemporary Security Canada was quite an eye opening experience. Before I came to them I had no experience in the field of Event Security, or Security in any case, and from their coaching, guidance and expertise I was able to get a glimpse into what the job demanded of me through my training.

After undertaking the course offered by them I was thoroughly prepared for what may come, be it in an emergency situation or not, and I am all the better prepared for future jobs in the field of Security.
Pros
Free Lunches, working alongside professionals.
Cons
Some uppity staff
Productive and fun workplace.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 May 2017
It was a summer job only but it was the most fun job i have ever done. Management and higher ups are really good at teaching and training employees and also, are friendly and caring individuals.
Pros
Free Lunches, 2$ bonus pay at the end of contract
Cons
No shift flexibility
good while it lasted
Venue Coordinator - Athletes Village Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 January 2017
My contract was only for a few months, while the Pan Am games were in town.
In that time I had minimal contact with Management, though when I reached out,the response was very positive.

Being contract, we were paid a flat daily fee, with no benefits.
Pros
interesting experience, sense of trust placed on you
Fun and professional working atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
I enjoyed working with Contemporary Security Canada, they have taught me how to perform my job properly and how to interact with the general population.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad schedule
great place to work with great people
Venue coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
Great and very flexible work place with fast fun and friendly people, always provided free lunches which was a bonus. HR was always there to help out when you needed help.
Experience at Pan Games
Venue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
As this was a one in a life time opportunity, I valued the trust and confidence which was given to me to manage, lead and oversee a team of professionals.
Pros
Working as part of a Integrated Securtiy Unit, including OPP, TPS and other regional Law Enforcement Offices
Cons
Contract position only for the Summer
fun place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
very fun, flexible hours, benefits with pay. It's easy to make allot of money in this company but you will get a bonus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
there's not much
Venue Job.
Ontario Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
The job was casual, fun, and I enjoyed every minute of working. They gave flexible shifts and allowed me to call in for more days. The only bad thing is that it was for a short period of time.
Pros
Free food, Good pay
Cons
No security, after the venue ends the company basically disappeared.
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Obtains help by sounding alarms.
Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
Controls traffic by directing drivers.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
work overnight
Great environment and very understanding.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2016
I had a great time working with contemporary security Canada during the pan am games. My work colleagues and supervisors were very accommodating.
Pros
free lunches, rotating shifts
Fun place to work
Venue Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
manage 10-15 employees to place them at a position
I learned to work well with other people
I worked with all outgoing and easy going people
Great Company
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Throughout my time at this company I got the opportunity to work with several different people. All as friendly and competent as the next. Overall, good work atmosphere and great management.
Pros
good people working and dealing with
Cons
Long Hours, standing
Friendly environment with great experience - Pan Am Games
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nottawasaga, ON22 March 2016
The management of the company were very welcoming and friendly, all were willing to help and educate the trainees and/or workers with information. All the security guards, as well as the supervisors built a type of camaraderie. Well organized environment and focused on task, instruction were well explained. Overall a satisfying experience.
Pros
Friendly working environment, free breakfast, lunch, dinner (depending on your shift)
Professional environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
Great profession;a company that provided exceptional service for the PanAm/ParaPanAm games. Staff were treated well.
not security mined more venue mined people
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  C.N.E grounds and rogers center17 February 2016
I would go to the site and place up to 53 guards at wonenig station,s or night spots. To many had no security back ground, management left the work to supervisor,s other workers upset over hrs promised ,wakening guards up who never work a night shift or a 12hr shift ,meeting the athletes
Pros
you got a ticket for brakfast lunch or dinner
Cons
to many guards had no expereance in security.other, h vac rooms not securited
A great place with friendly people
Trainer/Staffing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
It was a great place to work for. The management team was friendly and they planned activities for us to create a great work culture
learned alot
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2015
faced paced environment, had to do everything quickly, great learning experience, good food, nice staff, and free meals.