Contemporary Security Canada Employee Reviews

interesting place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
nice co-worker, good paid, very nice organized schedule, very good ethnic cultural acceptance,flexible to work in different location, good for gaining new skills and building up social network
Pros
paid break, flexsible working location and shift
Pan Am Games
Security Venue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Exhibition Place15 October 2018
I worked with Contemporary Security Canada for a few months in 2015--they gave extensive training to the guards but not so much for the supervisors--the supervisors were only given approximately 5 hours of extra training, which wasn't ideal when dealign with such a large scale event.
Great Summer Job
Security Screener (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 August 2018
I worked at CSC for the Pan Am games IN 2015 as a security population . It was a good experience and the pay was very good. Hours were flexible as well.
Great Learning Experience
Venue Coordinator Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
This was a short contract for the Pan Am games. I really learned a lot about venue security and what I am capable of. I had the opportunity to meet athletes from all over the world competing at the games. For many it was an olympic pre-qualifier requirement. The hardest part were the rotating 12 hour shifts as I am not good with overnight shifts. IT was just a fantastic experience getting to be part if it. While working, I never had to worry about meals as every shift was catered.
Pros
Meals covered, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Overall a memorable experience
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Upon arrival, guards would assigned their venues. It concluded of either managing pedestrian or vehicle screening areas, checking for accreditation, or patrolling a specific location.

From this job, I learned to be more responsible due to the fact that if I did not carry out my duties, it would impact the safety of a lot of people.

Work force provided their guards with a lot of benefits. Aside from the good hourly pay, management made sure their guards received at least two meals if working a 12 hour shift. The co-workers I was lucky enough to work with taught me a lot as well. I would learn different cultures, history, and lifestyles amongst those 12 hours. Overall, this job gave me the opportunity to meet new people with different perspectives.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours. Especially over night shifts, having to stay awake for a long period of time was tough but luckily co-workers and supervisors were always there to make sure we were okay.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to experience Pan am and the patriotism it brought to the country.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinners
Cons
seems like a good company, however my experience was'nt great
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
This company pays well. However, in my experience they over promised the amount of hours available, leading myself and others to take time out of our lives for work, only to get much less hours than we had been promised.
Excellent Location and Fabulous Colleagues
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario18 August 2015
The initial checking-in process was smooth and quick. Being taken around to the designated workplace by Supervisors was done in minimal amount of time. Checked spectators bags & other personal belongings for banned items. The Supervisors & other management staff were always nearby to help settle disputes or arguments. The co-workers, though belonging to different ethnic backgrounds, enjoyed each others company and worked as a team. Meeting new people and interacting with them was the best part while driving 60-70 kilometers daily for work with traffic snarls in between was the hardest part.
Pros
Meeting Athletes, Dignitaries, Collecting different countries emblems, pins etc
Cons
Long hours, Working outdoors in the hot sun, different shifts etc
Friendly environment with great experience - Pan Am Games
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nottawasaga, ON22 March 2016
The management of the company were very welcoming and friendly, all were willing to help and educate the trainees and/or workers with information. All the security guards, as well as the supervisors built a type of camaraderie. Well organized environment and focused on task, instruction were well explained. Overall a satisfying experience.
Pros
Friendly working environment, free breakfast, lunch, dinner (depending on your shift)
good while it lasted
Venue Coordinator - Athletes Village Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 January 2017
My contract was only for a few months, while the Pan Am games were in town.
In that time I had minimal contact with Management, though when I reached out,the response was very positive.

Being contract, we were paid a flat daily fee, with no benefits.
Pros
interesting experience, sense of trust placed on you
Pan Am Games Security
Guide people to venues (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2018
A typical day at Contemporary Security Canada consists of checking passes and accreditation of people seeking entry, guiding people to venues and patrolling the premises.
Review
Security Supervisor (Pan Am Games) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 February 2018
Overpaying, which was a bonus
Didn't care who they were hiring
Brought in people without security expertise so they could make $19 an hour for Pan Am Games
Above Average Security Company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
My time working with Contemporary Security Canada was quite an eye opening experience. Before I came to them I had no experience in the field of Event Security, or Security in any case, and from their coaching, guidance and expertise I was able to get a glimpse into what the job demanded of me through my training.

After undertaking the course offered by them I was thoroughly prepared for what may come, be it in an emergency situation or not, and I am all the better prepared for future jobs in the field of Security.
Pros
Free Lunches, working alongside professionals.
Cons
Some uppity staff
Great Company
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Throughout my time at this company I got the opportunity to work with several different people. All as friendly and competent as the next. Overall, good work atmosphere and great management.
Pros
good people working and dealing with
Cons
Long Hours, standing
Overall experience working with CSC
Pan Am Games Security Guard / Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2015
Work was pretty stale during the nights due to not much going on. Writing in your notebook was to be done every hour for your report, and management was different almost every night due to many supervisors. Depending on the personality of the supervisors it varied on how supportive and helpful management was but some were not so great. It was a fun experience meeting new people almost every shift and getting to know others. The hardest part was spending the nights and trying to avoid counting down the time. The pay was great but the way you were treated by management at times was a disappointment. Overall it was worth it for the experience and pay but not so much dealing with management and the boring shift. The shifts were limited as well so it was a let down when we found out how many days of work we actually had.
Pros
Free lunch passes for the day depending on how long your shift was.
Cons
Long and boring hours, Based on who it was management wasn't the best, Many people were on a power trip
A great place with friendly people
Trainer/Staffing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
It was a great place to work for. The management team was friendly and they planned activities for us to create a great work culture
Rigorous yet Rewarding
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
There is a lot of high expectation placed on your ability to perform consistently throughout the day and night. They provide decent meals to boot but the best thing is the amount of pay for hours worked. During my time they even allowed a small bonus at the end if you have not missed any shifts. Overall I would rate 5/5 would work again during for any Olympic sized event they call me for.
Pros
Free lunches, and bonus
Cons
Long hours of sitting or standing.
Exciting and valuable work experience.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2015
Working with Contemporary Security at Toronto Pan Am Games was rewarding and challenging. It offered an opportunity to acquire experience while providing protective services to world renowned athletes and visitors. It was a positive experience influenced by supportive management and an employer focussed on supplying the best security possible for mass events such as Pan Am.
Pros
Meeting Athletes, Participating in Pan Am Security
Cons
Limited duration.
Great Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario16 October 2015
My job during the TO2015 PanAm Games was amazing. It was a great experience and a good character builder. A typical workday is to screen everyone that comes in to the venue, and to make sure everyone's safety. Duties include screening, foot patrol, and fixed posts. The management makes sure that every employee is having fun and are able to take their own breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job is when us employees get to meet guests who are happy because they get to see the athletes.
Productive and fun workplace.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 May 2017
It was a summer job only but it was the most fun job i have ever done. Management and higher ups are really good at teaching and training employees and also, are friendly and caring individuals.
Pros
Free Lunches, 2$ bonus pay at the end of contract
Cons
No shift flexibility
not security mined more venue mined people
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  C.N.E grounds and rogers center17 February 2016
I would go to the site and place up to 53 guards at wonenig station,s or night spots. To many had no security back ground, management left the work to supervisor,s other workers upset over hrs promised ,wakening guards up who never work a night shift or a 12hr shift ,meeting the athletes
Pros
you got a ticket for brakfast lunch or dinner
Cons
to many guards had no expereance in security.other, h vac rooms not securited