Contemporary Security Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 May 2017
It was a summer job only but it was the most fun job i have ever done. Management and higher ups are really good at teaching and training employees and also, are friendly and caring individuals.
Pros
Free Lunches, 2$ bonus pay at the end of contract
Cons
No shift flexibility
good while it lasted
Venue Coordinator - Athletes Village Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 January 2017
My contract was only for a few months, while the Pan Am games were in town.
In that time I had minimal contact with Management, though when I reached out,the response was very positive.

Being contract, we were paid a flat daily fee, with no benefits.
Pros
interesting experience, sense of trust placed on you
Fun and professional working atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
I enjoyed working with Contemporary Security Canada, they have taught me how to perform my job properly and how to interact with the general population.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad schedule
great place to work with great people
Venue coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
Great and very flexible work place with fast fun and friendly people, always provided free lunches which was a bonus. HR was always there to help out when you needed help.
Experience at Pan Games
Venue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
As this was a one in a life time opportunity, I valued the trust and confidence which was given to me to manage, lead and oversee a team of professionals.
Pros
Working as part of a Integrated Securtiy Unit, including OPP, TPS and other regional Law Enforcement Offices
Cons
Contract position only for the Summer
fun place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
very fun, flexible hours, benefits with pay. It's easy to make allot of money in this company but you will get a bonus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
there's not much
Venue Job.
Ontario Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2016
The job was casual, fun, and I enjoyed every minute of working. They gave flexible shifts and allowed me to call in for more days. The only bad thing is that it was for a short period of time.
Pros
Free food, Good pay
Cons
No security, after the venue ends the company basically disappeared.
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Obtains help by sounding alarms.
Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
Controls traffic by directing drivers.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
work overnight
Great environment and very understanding.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2016
I had a great time working with contemporary security Canada during the pan am games. My work colleagues and supervisors were very accommodating.
Pros
free lunches, rotating shifts
Fun place to work
Venue Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
manage 10-15 employees to place them at a position
I learned to work well with other people
I worked with all outgoing and easy going people
Great Company
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
Throughout my time at this company I got the opportunity to work with several different people. All as friendly and competent as the next. Overall, good work atmosphere and great management.
Pros
good people working and dealing with
Cons
Long Hours, standing
Friendly environment with great experience - Pan Am Games
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nottawasaga, ON22 March 2016
The management of the company were very welcoming and friendly, all were willing to help and educate the trainees and/or workers with information. All the security guards, as well as the supervisors built a type of camaraderie. Well organized environment and focused on task, instruction were well explained. Overall a satisfying experience.
Pros
Friendly working environment, free breakfast, lunch, dinner (depending on your shift)
Professional environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
Great profession;a company that provided exceptional service for the PanAm/ParaPanAm games. Staff were treated well.
not security mined more venue mined people
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  C.N.E grounds and rogers center17 February 2016
I would go to the site and place up to 53 guards at wonenig station,s or night spots. To many had no security back ground, management left the work to supervisor,s other workers upset over hrs promised ,wakening guards up who never work a night shift or a 12hr shift ,meeting the athletes
Pros
you got a ticket for brakfast lunch or dinner
Cons
to many guards had no expereance in security.other, h vac rooms not securited
A great place with friendly people
Trainer/Staffing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
It was a great place to work for. The management team was friendly and they planned activities for us to create a great work culture
learned alot
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2015
faced paced environment, had to do everything quickly, great learning experience, good food, nice staff, and free meals.
good experience working from venue to venue
Pan-Am Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2015
It's a good experience i worked for pan am games for a short period,
but i gained so much experience.

Somethings i learned include
• safety of my self and others
• dealing with emergency situations effectively
• professional communication

I worked with mostly security guards and under a few supervisors.
The hardest part is to keep a keen eye and stay alert, because you hold the safety of many people lives in your in hands, so you must remain calm and diligent to ensure you successfully completed your job at the end if the day.

The best part is seeing how happy everyone is and knowing that your job is done when they leave with a smile.
Overall experience working with CSC
Pan Am Games Security Guard / Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2015
Work was pretty stale during the nights due to not much going on. Writing in your notebook was to be done every hour for your report, and management was different almost every night due to many supervisors. Depending on the personality of the supervisors it varied on how supportive and helpful management was but some were not so great. It was a fun experience meeting new people almost every shift and getting to know others. The hardest part was spending the nights and trying to avoid counting down the time. The pay was great but the way you were treated by management at times was a disappointment. Overall it was worth it for the experience and pay but not so much dealing with management and the boring shift. The shifts were limited as well so it was a let down when we found out how many days of work we actually had.
Pros
Free lunch passes for the day depending on how long your shift was.
Cons
Long and boring hours, Based on who it was management wasn't the best, Many people were on a power trip
It was ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
Its okay. You learn to be quick. I hate standing in front of the hot grill. But its nice because you get to switch up. Get ready to sweat it off.
Great job
Screener security guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2015
Lots of fun and a great time working the pan am games in Hamilton. Managment sometimes didn't know what to do, which was a pain, but it was a good overall experience