Consolidated Gypsum Supply

Consolidated Gypsum Supply Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
very long hours and little benefits. learned how to drive truck, forklift and flat deck. workplace culture was down and unhappy. miss work colleagues and thats all
Management was verbally abusive. I was yelled at for trying to keep the place clean when I was finished my other duties. Customers were often rude. You'll be asked to work overtime routinely, especially if you're new.
Cons
Kiss your weekends goodbye, and expect no compensation for going the extra mile.
Good place to work, however long hrs 5 days a week. They do compensate for working late with suppers. Make good money every 2 weeks. Very fast paced environment.
Company culture is toxic . No direction. Super inefficient and disorganized. Impossible not to work overtime because of disorganization. Threats are also a major part of the motivational system. Majority of people working there have gone through multiple wage roll-backs and have lost all motivation to perform even basic duties .
You require a thick skin to work here!
Do not recommend! Lack of management when it matters. Staff are great people, management not so much.

Enter with caution is my only advice.
Company direction is done by one person and all business functions were put through the same person.

Overall, good company concept but it was mico-managed.

Very difficult to foster relationships.
Pros
Good company for training of staff on new products
Cons
Mico-Managed and lack of advancement
lots of great people, place for advancement, good management competitive wage and benefit, hardest part of the job was heavy lifting of materials
A typical day involves the delivery and placement of building materials using picker cranes and moffett forklifts, but also move all materials by hand. You spend a lot of time working with the same person, so you have to get along and always work as a team. The business is very poorly managed and not very personable with its emploees. My co-workers are all good, hard working people who are always willing to help you out when you need it. The hardest part of the job is doing the job. It is very physical and you work outside 12 months a year, so you are exposed to the elements. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my delivery team.
Pros
The employees have tremendous teamwork
Cons
Long hours, poor time and productivity management
I was impressed with the friendly and family-like staff approach. I was given an excellent opportunity to gain some experience while in school.