Conservation Halton

Conservation Halton Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Fun workplace with great people and connection to local environment
Fantastic staff, well managed, good pay. Fun summer job, great way to gain work experience. Collaborative environment, with a focus on team engagement, and a connection between staff, supervisors, and managers. Great morales and work environment i love it here
management in this place is a disaster
really hard to work here when there is 0 communication from the heads to the regular staff. Honestly i waisted years there and by my last year everyone started quitting.
great experience
worked with conservation halton for one season and plan on returning the next. great, chill job for students. Get to work with all other students so it is very easy to talk to and work with the people
Pros
fun
Cons
hard to get to without car
Fun and excellent management who stand by employees
I started working here in 2014 as a ski apprentice, and haven't looked back since. all supervisors treat employees like family and allow for expression into all lessons. I learned so much about myself and my skiing from all the experts I worked along with. I have been an instructor for 5 years now. even throughout workplace injuries, ski school was on my side and covered my loss of earnings and filled out the paperwork on time and accurately. Love this place, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon!
Pros
excellent, energetic enviornment with great management
Not What It Once Was
Conservation was a wonderful place to work about 5-10 years ago. They care more about the commercialization of the parks and making money than they actually do preserving them. The tone is very tense there in recent years with little to no job security. Office politics play a huge role in your future in this company. They are in the middle of restructuring and seem like a stepping stone for people to move elsewhere. If you are looking for a green place to work with the longterm goal of retiring there I would look elsewhere.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Health & Safety is Great
Cons
Tense Environment, No Direction for Future, Poor Management
Excellent learning experience
Excellent working for the conservation area, I learned how to use many new machines and tools. Also learned good customer service and a lot about chemicals
Pros
Outside
It's almost like a seccond home to me.
Working at Glen Eden Ski Resort (witch is owned by Conservation Halton), has been the best experience I could have ever asked for. By the moment i stepped in on my first shift they treated me like family and haven't stopped ever since. With 2 promotions in 1 year, their is also no doubt that they want there employees to succeed and learn new and more exciting things, witch is really all a employee can ask for at work. Overall, working for Glen Eden has been the best job i have had to date.
Pros
great co workers, great management, all around a fun time.
Cons
none.
Amazing
AMAZING experience learned all lot about skiing. I learned instructional activities to teach all ages.Also I was trained by one if the best ski instructors in Ontario..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conservation Halton. Our community is ready to answer.
Conservation Halton Reviews by Location