Connie's Pizza Employee Reviews

Messy
Pizza Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 May 2018
I worked there for there for the Chicago Car Show. It was a mess, the man who hired us was unorganized and had an attitude. In beginning they do not go over the uniform, there was no training. There was a time when they had ran out of pizza and had the employers running up and down. They had people do overtime with a 10-minute notice.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Unorganized Buisness
Fun Place to work in and friendly environment
Carry Out/Cashier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL18 May 2018
Working at Connies pretty much consisted of taking carry out orders on the phone and in person, along with interacting with customers when they come to pick up their food. Delivering pizzas was interesting because I got to get out of the workplace instead of get stuck in the restaurant like everyone else.
Cater
Driver/Caterer/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 March 2018
Catering events or working concerts working them are hard and you are supervised the entire time but not only do you get to enjoy being whatever event it is but it makes work more rewarding knowing you just made someones wedding day or you just helped the drunk guy at the concert with a slice of pizza.
Pros
Certain manager
Cons
pay could be a lot better
Productive place easy to work at
Host, food runner, cater, and busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 March 2018
Great place to work at and very simple. Management was great never had a problem working for the company. The place had a great staff. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to work greeting all the co-workers and getting rapped in to work.
Laid back work environment, could be stressful at times
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 February 2018
My time working for Connie's pizza was enjoyable. My coworkers were very friendly, I liked the lake back work environment and the flexible hours. The management was lacking, not very helpful, but other than that I would say I had a positive work experience there.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits
great customers
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL11 January 2018
Typical day working at Connies Pizza was seating customers. Making sure customers and food comes out hot and ready. We would also sanitize tables and booths. The hardest part about the job is, when it gets busy, people get rude and we will walk out and we get blamed.
Great place to work with great people
Marketing & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 December 2017
Great place to work with family atmosphere. Management is hands on and approachable. The customers are great and they have a lot of regulars.
The culture is positive and fun.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Great people
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 December 2017
Clam, Respectful place.I was a pizza maker quick at my job but little pay and little hours.The manger is a oky guy ,on break our manager prepares us pizza for lunch
It was an really cool job
Taste of chicago (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 August 2017
Umm they like to work fast make sure every customer is happy and being on time or maybe coming early they are nice helping like they worked with us they help us
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good enough break
Okay job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 June 2017
SO okay here's the thing. Connie's is great and all. But management could really up their game with how they treat their employees and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, there were definitely some great managers who knew how to deal with problems and situations professionally, and I appreciate those managers, but there were others who just weren't understanding, or belittled you in certain situations.
Getting days covered were fairly easy. Good luck finding people to cover your Saturday night shifts, though.
Pros
Lasting friendships, good networks, good tips
Cons
No breaks/short breaks, poor management
Good starter job
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 December 2016
This company brought a lot of different typed of people together to make a great team. The work environment could make or break your work day. So no matter how unbearable the customers got, my fellow employees made it all better. One maybe two managers are good and the vice president of the company if great too. He is very fair and a good man.
Met great people there
Busboy/ Food Runner/ Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 December 2016
I enjoyed here at the time because it didnt feel like work. I enjoyed working with the people there. I still am friends with employees who are employed by them.
Fantastic Money-Making Opportunity and Excellent Work Environment!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 October 2016
Everyday is different. I normally start off my shift by organizing my section. I make sure that it has the necessary condiments, utensils, and bread plates. Management works closely with you in order to ensure a proper work environment and makes sure that you're doing alright. My co-workers help make the day go by more quickly and are willing to assist. The hardest part of the job was being more time-conscious, but it gets easier with experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of customers. It feels like they're family.
Pros
Employee Discount, Work Environment, Co-workers
Cons
Long shifts
Managers are good
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 6061614 August 2016
Work was fast-paced. Learned to use communication skills with great customer service. Used my body to lift objects 25+ pounds
Productive and fun environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 July 2016
No two days are the same when you're working at Connie's Pizza. Some days are slow and you don't make as much money as you want. This is the most difficult aspect of working at Connie's Pizza or any other restaurant. Your co-workers make the day more enjoyable by joking around and making things lighter, despite being professional.
Pros
Co-workers, management, very accessible via CTA
Cons
Late nights
Productive and fun making orders and working with the public.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Connie's Pizza. My teammates and I worked hard to give our best. Connie's Pizza was a big part of my growth, working everyday with people from all different walks of life and learning their ways of life was a great tool to learn.
Pros
Great people, fun times and good environment.
Cons
I wish Connie's Pizza worked around my school schedule.
Productive workplace located in the Gold Coast!
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 February 2016
This is a great place to come and dine-in or enjoy a get-together for a party or business meeting. Nice and quiet workplace with great customer service.
Pros
Customer service, Discounted meals
overall it was a good experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 November 2015
prepared customer orders and delivered them in a reasonable time. I learned how and why people act in neighborhoods I otherwise would not go into. Management a lot of times was sloppy. My co-workers overall were good people. Hardest part of the job dealing with management and nagging customers. I liked being out on the road and went into interesting buildings.
Great emplyees and management
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 November 2015
Excellent
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, IL23 November 2014
I liked dealing with the product because it sells..I enjoyed the interaction with different people in the various stores I serviced the hardest part of the job was the travel time between stores
Pros
Interaction ith people
Cons
Travel