Connect Hearing

Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
Could be a fun place to work - if you are lucky to work with reasonably happy people
Loved working for this company in the beginning. On to better things. Learnt what not to accept in a work place and to set boundaries. Have come away with an even better appreciation of my hard working, conscientious work ethic.

Deal breakers - unqualified supervision - unhappy co- workers dissatisfaction projection.

Thank you Connect Hearing! :)
Pros
Great clientele - feeling helpful - great written performance reviews
Cons
Growing job responsibilities, no appreciation, unwarranted negative feedback, nit picking, high expectations for low wage, no increases.
Watch your back
Don’t trust any of the management in the entire company. Tell you what you want to hear Threaten termination if you report harassment Have been investigated by several organizations including wsib
Run do not waste your time
I should never have taken this job. Under paid for the amount of work they want you to do. They offer you something but don't follow through. Nasty District Manager. How she keeps her job is beyond me. Tries to make you feel small, below her, and extremely moody. She cannot control her emotions and at times you feel threatened or belittled with her glare and snide remarks. Not a nice person. No one deserves this abuse.
Please do not entertain
People. This organization sold this role like used car salesmen. I walked into a role with a District Sales Manager who was not a manager, rather a complete micro manager, sexually inappropriate and abusive. The staff are beaten down and demoralized by the Hearing Aid Practioners. Do not do this!!!
Horrible place to work
The industrial division does not care about the technicians they are micro managed and all family in the office. Head office is micro managed in. The worse way possible, they are very clicky I felt sick to my stomach anytime I had to go into the office. Th industrial manager treats woman like they are second class citizens and doesn’t care about their well being while on the road or when returning or picking up the the vehicle late nights and early mornings in a sketchy area
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about the company
Productive and fun work place to work with
Connect Hearing has a professional, competitive, challenging and creative, spirited atmosphere. They provide helpful staff to train, with ongoing support and a database for further clarification and updated sources of reference. They are able to assist staff and come together as a team in support, to overcome challenging crunch periods and other relevant issues. The incentives build morale on all levels of the business and encouragement and immediate assistance is available. I would say overall okay place to work. Must be self motivated; problem solve on the go while meeting company expectations. Although it’s in the class of health care, we have the mentality of the client is always right - with a smile.
Pros
Birthday off paid
Cons
Long hours no coffee breaks
You should ready all reviews, not only the good ones in the top of this page
Don’t fall for this. Save your time and energy somewhere else.

These good reviews here was written by head office managers.

Micro management at it best.
Pros
An hour unpaid lunch
Cons
everything else
Great place to work!
Although my time with Connect Hearing has been only a few months, I am so happy that I made the decision to work as a clinician with this company. The days are busy, but not so that I feel overwhelmed. I can comfortably say that I have yet to feel much if any stress at this job, which is very important to me. I feel supported by my colleagues, as well as management. The company was fair when negotiating salary/hours/sick time/vacation, and have exceeded my expectations with client centred practise efforts. I've worked in various Audiology settings (both private and public), and plan to stay with this company for the long haul as it combines the best parts of my previous jobs into a job that I really enjoy.
Pros
benefits, professional culture, client centred, supportive of employees
Cons
paperwork (although documentation is needed these days!)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Connect Hearing?
Competitive, Challenging, Fun and inclusive place to work!
Connect Hearing has a professional, competitive, challenging and creative, spirited atmosphere. They provide helpful staff to train, with ongoing support and a database for further clarification and updated sources of reference. They are able to assist staff and come together as a team in support, to overcome challenging crunch periods and other relevant issues. The incentives build morale on all levels of the business and encouragement and immediate assistance is available. I would not hesitate to support this Vancouver company who has a well managed community forum and management team that seeks inclusion of all it's employees, at all levels of development. I love the originality in their presentations and good humor which allows for open dialogue as issues arise. In a corporate environment it can be difficult to maintain a level of originality, but I feel there is continual creativity with this company and an openness toward connecting with the community and an interest in contributing to the wellness of its employees.
Pros
bonus incentives
Cons
significant paperwork
Excellent work life balance - employees first
Connect Hearing Canada is an excellent employer, disgruntled employees are generally under performing and don't like to be managed or cannot take feedback well. We are all required to take responsibility for our activity day to day, yes it is a business BUT the client care and respect for employee time is a high priority, one of the most genuine supportive cultures I have experienced.

Working as a team is focus, employee events are regular and optional, time for personal reasons is supported.

Salary may be described as average for industry and for Canada but why would you expect to be paid above and beyond average unless you were required to work above and beyond reasonable hours every single day.

Career advancement in any job needs to be personally driven first. Being part of a global business can create opportunity.
Pros
employee activities, working hours
Cons
negative employees are not moved on quickly
Great company to work for
At Connect Hearing there is a great team spirit apparent through all levels of staff in all departments. The company has opportunity for advancement, personal & professional support always available, opportunities for extra perks & bonuses, consistent pay raises, extended health and other benefits. Up to date & comprehensive administrative / IT systems in place with training & support always available.

I work in a busy & fun office environment, well organized with great staff & supportive management. Varied tasks make the day interesting, such as reception, working with electronics, administrative, phone calls, & the lovely clients coming in throughout the day. Love working here and have done so for over 25 years.
Pros
Perks like fun staff events, good benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
none that come to mind
the whole package
I have had an opportunity to work with 4 other hearing organizations across the lower mainland. None have compared to the amount of support and job satisfaction that is received at Connect. They have a family culture which supports and prioritizes your personal life, well being a place that you are proud to work for.

I had left for a temporary period to go to a different company, and I learned the VERY hard way that the GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE! No amount of promises of rainbows or unicorns will ever tempt me to leave this amazing organization again.
Pros
professional, kind, supportive, proud to work for, excellent reputation
Cons
If you are NOT passionate about making a difference to patients and your community, it isn't the place for you
You get out of this job what you put into it. Day to day is general office duties, client intake, booking appointments, and being the initial contact for first time clients. If you want to be part of something that positively impacts individuals, Connect Hearing does that.
Pros
Paid Birthday
Cons
Call Center
Best carrer choice I ever made
Very nice place to work. A very Family first operation. I love this carrier your days fly by because we are always so busy . We are very involved in the community. The best part of my days are when someone gets hearing aids for the first time and you can see the joy in their face.
A typical day is quit busy but in a fun atmosphere. You are always learning about different hearing loss types and every persons store is different. Management is very easy to work with and everyone in head office is willing to help you through any scenario. Lots of incentives that you can always look forward too and help motivate you through each month.
Great job with great benefits
I really enjoy working with this company. The job itself is so rewarding being able to contribute to helping people hear better. It is a retail business so there is a sales side of it required. There are lots of opportunities for bonuses, trips and promotions to get extra money. This wouldn't be possible if sales weren't a focus. They give a good wage for an entry level position with no experience required. Company culture is great as everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good culture, birthday off with pay, worklife balance is good.
Cons
1 hour unpaid lunch
Connect offers great incentives several times a year whether it be monetary, free lunches, days off or gifts. All clinic staff have access to monthly bonus units.
Several times a year we have theme days or staff outings.

Management is great to deal with.

Always offering the highest level of technology in the hearing aid industry with the highest level of care.

With all that said, we can't forget that at the end of the day, our job is very rewarding as we have helped give the gift of hearing.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Same hours daily
Connect Hearing: the second best career I've ever had
I really enjoy working at Connect because of the atmosphere, the pay, and the management staff.

I find working at Connect to provide a great work life balance. They allow for more than adequate vacation time and strongly encourage you to use it. 35 hour work weeks and extra days off for my birthday and training really allow me to maximize my quality of life.

The 300 Club bonus program is amazing.Trips to the Bahamas, Texas, Vegas and Cruises up the coast just to name a few not to mention the monetary incentives make Connect more than competitive. The base pay is excellent but the 300 club program puts them over the top.

The management staff all attend the 300 club trips and I can honestly say I genuinely like all of them. There isn't one of them that I would hesitate to ask to grab a drink with after work or second guess approaching about an issue that is important to me.

They are my second best career choice because my kids and my family will always be #1 but there is nothing better than shipping a tween and a seven year old that thinks shes teenager off to school and going to a job that I really love.
Pros
Work life balance, competitive pay, great co-workers
Cons
Computer Systems could be better, Any career dealing with the public can be difficult
Connect Hearing is the best company I have ever worked with!
While I have been with Connect Hearing for a few years I had several other jobs before coming to work with CH. The work life balance is superb. While a days work can sometimes be hectic and fast paced one needs to develop your time management skills and know what has to be done in a days work and what can be pushed over to tomorrow for completion. The management team has it's eyes open w/ regard to employee performance. That is to say that if you work hard and show a measure of responsibility for your position you will be praised and rewarded. The opportunity for advancement is there if you want it. I have never had to go to bed at night wondering if my position is secure. If you can think, strategize and plan w/ regards to your job performance and everyday execution - Connect Hearing will see that and you will never have to worry about not having a job. The culture I think one of the best. These are some of the best people I have ever worked with from management to IT to my workmates in the clinics. It is a family kind of atmosphere and I can say I genuinely care about the people I work with. The benefits are excellent. As you graduate to more and more years of employment your benefits graduate as well. There is an excellent employee pension (RRSP) plan, good dental and other medical benefits.

I enjoy every day I go to work. Helping the hearing impaired is honorable and satisfying and to do it with an honorable company is the cats pajamas!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Supportive and Welcoming Environment
Typical day can vary depending on client demand but it is generally manageable. Fairly basic office job and the typical demands associated with a secretary-like position. All employees both in clinic, and at head office are very supportive and understanding and try to work with you to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is learning how to interact with the hearing aids, but once you learn about them they are so interesting to deal with. Best part of the job is the people: haven't had a single issue with any staff and the majority of clients are friendly and lovely to work with.
Pros
Flexible, Supportive, Good Hours, Benefits, Friendly Staff
Cons
Computer system catered toward ordering rather than day functionality(still fairly user friendly)
A company that cares
I have worked for Connect Hearing for a year. As an organization, they are efficient, fair, and committed to making sure that every employee has all the tools that they could need to find their own personal success. The company culture encourages and rewards those that go the extra mile in their commitment to their professionalism and teamwork. Those employees that find success with Connect Hearing have done so because they taken advantage of the network of support that the national reach provides and have used it to propel themselves. In short, Connect is the perfect landing spot for a self motivated, team minded professional with drive.
Pros
Great benefits, caring management, and rewards for those that go the extra mile.
Cons
The company is efficient. You may be asked to wear a lot of hats.