Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

Excellent work life balance - employees first
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 September 2018
Connect Hearing Canada is an excellent employer, disgruntled employees are generally under performing and don't like to be managed or cannot take feedback well. We are all required to take responsibility for our activity day to day, yes it is a business BUT the client care and respect for employee time is a high priority, one of the most genuine supportive cultures I have experienced.

Working as a team is focus, employee events are regular and optional, time for personal reasons is supported.

Salary may be described as average for industry and for Canada but why would you expect to be paid above and beyond average unless you were required to work above and beyond reasonable hours every single day.

Career advancement in any job needs to be personally driven first. Being part of a global business can create opportunity.
Pros
employee activities, working hours
Cons
negative employees are not moved on quickly
Great company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 September 2018
At Connect Hearing there is a great team spirit apparent through all levels of staff in all departments. The company has opportunity for advancement, personal & professional support always available, opportunities for extra perks & bonuses, consistent pay raises, extended health and other benefits. Up to date & comprehensive administrative / IT systems in place with training & support always available.

I work in a busy & fun office environment, well organized with great staff & supportive management. Varied tasks make the day interesting, such as reception, working with electronics, administrative, phone calls, & the lovely clients coming in throughout the day. Love working here and have done so for over 25 years.
Pros
Perks like fun staff events, good benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
none that come to mind
the whole package
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 September 2018
I have had an opportunity to work with 4 other hearing organizations across the lower mainland. None have compared to the amount of support and job satisfaction that is received at Connect. They have a family culture which supports and prioritizes your personal life, well being a place that you are proud to work for.

I had left for a temporary period to go to a different company, and I learned the VERY hard way that the GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE! No amount of promises of rainbows or unicorns will ever tempt me to leave this amazing organization again.
Pros
professional, kind, supportive, proud to work for, excellent reputation
Cons
If you are NOT passionate about making a difference to patients and your community, it isn't the place for you
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan14 September 2018
You get out of this job what you put into it. Day to day is general office duties, client intake, booking appointments, and being the initial contact for first time clients. If you want to be part of something that positively impacts individuals, Connect Hearing does that.
Pros
Paid Birthday
Cons
Call Center
Best carrer choice I ever made
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 September 2018
Very nice place to work. A very Family first operation. I love this carrier your days fly by because we are always so busy . We are very involved in the community. The best part of my days are when someone gets hearing aids for the first time and you can see the joy in their face.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 September 2018
A typical day is quit busy but in a fun atmosphere. You are always learning about different hearing loss types and every persons store is different. Management is very easy to work with and everyone in head office is willing to help you through any scenario. Lots of incentives that you can always look forward too and help motivate you through each month.
Great job with great benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
I really enjoy working with this company. The job itself is so rewarding being able to contribute to helping people hear better. It is a retail business so there is a sales side of it required. There are lots of opportunities for bonuses, trips and promotions to get extra money. This wouldn't be possible if sales weren't a focus. They give a good wage for an entry level position with no experience required. Company culture is great as everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good culture, birthday off with pay, worklife balance is good.
Cons
1 hour unpaid lunch
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON13 September 2018
Connect offers great incentives several times a year whether it be monetary, free lunches, days off or gifts. All clinic staff have access to monthly bonus units.
Several times a year we have theme days or staff outings.
Management is great to deal with.
Always offering the highest level of technology in the hearing aid industry with the highest level of care.
With all that said, we can't forget that at the end of the day, our job is very rewarding as we have helped give the gift of hearing.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Same hours daily
Connect Hearing: the second best career I've ever had
Hearing Instrument Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON13 September 2018
I really enjoy working at Connect because of the atmosphere, the pay, and the management staff.

I find working at Connect to provide a great work life balance. They allow for more than adequate vacation time and strongly encourage you to use it. 35 hour work weeks and extra days off for my birthday and training really allow me to maximize my quality of life.

The 300 Club bonus program is amazing.Trips to the Bahamas, Texas, Vegas and Cruises up the coast just to name a few not to mention the monetary incentives make Connect more than competitive. The base pay is excellent but the 300 club program puts them over the top.

The management staff all attend the 300 club trips and I can honestly say I genuinely like all of them. There isn't one of them that I would hesitate to ask to grab a drink with after work or second guess approaching about an issue that is important to me.

They are my second best career choice because my kids and my family will always be #1 but there is nothing better than shipping a tween and a seven year old that thinks shes teenager off to school and going to a job that I really love.
Pros
Work life balance, competitive pay, great co-workers
Cons
Computer Systems could be better, Any career dealing with the public can be difficult
Connect Hearing is the best company I have ever worked with!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC13 September 2018
While I have been with Connect Hearing for a few years I had several other jobs before coming to work with CH. The work life balance is superb. While a days work can sometimes be hectic and fast paced one needs to develop your time management skills and know what has to be done in a days work and what can be pushed over to tomorrow for completion. The management team has it's eyes open w/ regard to employee performance. That is to say that if you work hard and show a measure of responsibility for your position you will be praised and rewarded. The opportunity for advancement is there if you want it. I have never had to go to bed at night wondering if my position is secure. If you can think, strategize and plan w/ regards to your job performance and everyday execution - Connect Hearing will see that and you will never have to worry about not having a job. The culture I think one of the best. These are some of the best people I have ever worked with from management to IT to my workmates in the clinics. It is a family kind of atmosphere and I can say I genuinely care about the people I work with. The benefits are excellent. As you graduate to more and more years of employment your benefits graduate as well. There is an excellent employee pension (RRSP) plan, good dental and other medical benefits.

I enjoy every day I go to work. Helping the hearing impaired is honorable and satisfying and to do it with an honorable company is the cats pajamas!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Supportive and Welcoming Environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 September 2018
Typical day can vary depending on client demand but it is generally manageable. Fairly basic office job and the typical demands associated with a secretary-like position. All employees both in clinic, and at head office are very supportive and understanding and try to work with you to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is learning how to interact with the hearing aids, but once you learn about them they are so interesting to deal with. Best part of the job is the people: haven't had a single issue with any staff and the majority of clients are friendly and lovely to work with.
Pros
Flexible, Supportive, Good Hours, Benefits, Friendly Staff
Cons
Computer system catered toward ordering rather than day functionality(still fairly user friendly)
A company that cares
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 September 2018
I have worked for Connect Hearing for a year. As an organization, they are efficient, fair, and committed to making sure that every employee has all the tools that they could need to find their own personal success. The company culture encourages and rewards those that go the extra mile in their commitment to their professionalism and teamwork. Those employees that find success with Connect Hearing have done so because they taken advantage of the network of support that the national reach provides and have used it to propel themselves. In short, Connect is the perfect landing spot for a self motivated, team minded professional with drive.
Pros
Great benefits, caring management, and rewards for those that go the extra mile.
Cons
The company is efficient. You may be asked to wear a lot of hats.
Amazing company to work for!
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia11 September 2018
Connect has been a wonderful company to start my career as an audiologist with. They provided me with exceptional training and support. The benefits and compensation package is very lucrative and fair. Management is very supportive and always accessible for any questions or concerns that arise. The workplace culture is fun and very community driven - I really feel like I am making a positive difference in the surrounding community. I have learned so much from transitioning from a student into a full-time audiologist and could not thank Connect enough for making this transition seamless. Working as an audiologist can come with tough and tricky situations (as does any job), but working for Connect I can be rest assured I have the support system necessary to help guide me to success. I have throughly enjoyed the first few months of working with Connect and look forward to a bright future ahead!
Pros
Enjoyable, helping people, benefits, bonuses, compensation, culture, support system.
Excellent place to work
CCR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC11 September 2018
The organization is very employee centric. Average tenure of employees is 10 years. All team members are supportive and willing to help. Management is straight forward, unbiased and supportive
Pros
Cons
no cons, so far the best company that i have worked, there is a lot worst outside
Overall a good place to work as a clinician
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia11 September 2018
Connect is a good place to work for an Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Practitioner. Hours are very reasonable, compensation & benefits are competitive, with lots of opportunities for professional development. You have a full suite of excellent products to work with. I never felt limited in what I can offer my clients.

Connect is also great for consumers of hearing healthcare. Prices are very competitive, and there is a strong focus on quality of aftercare. Things like mandatory REM at the time of fitting are a great benefit to the client and unfortunately still rare in the industry overall. I always feel free to take as much time with a client as necessary to meet their needs.

However, know that this is also a very large and sales driven company owned by a hearing aid manufacturer. There are sales expectations that you will be evaluated on. Generally they are fair expectations, but be warned if that is not the type of atmosphere you prefer.

The only major "con" is the corporate culture. Connect has a very "top down" management style, sometimes bordering on micro-management. This can feel stifling as it leaves very little room for individuality or autonomy at the clinic level.

Despite this downside I would still recommend Connect Hearing, especially compared to other large manufacturer owned chains, which are generally worse.
Pros
Good work/life balance, good benefits, rewards performance
Cons
top-down corporate structure can sometimes feel stifling
Excellent Company, great benefits ~ Caring skilled employees
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Canada11 September 2018
I am in my 35th year with Connect Hearing (formally Audiology Associates). What I have enjoyed the most are the people I work with in the Atlantic Canada region. They are all hard working individuals who are caring and very professional.

As with any business you have to be the right fit for their culture and their culture has to be the right fit for you. If you are caring, professional, hard working, growth minded and are open to positive coaching & support you will do very well with Connect Hearing and will have a life long career.

We are provided many tools and support to do our jobs even better. We have minimum standards that we are all expected to follow. These standards / guidelines are not unfair expectations for any professional business to follow.

Working for a company on the opposite end of the country is difficult especially with the 4 hour time difference however allowances are made for us to have a support team set up to be there for us when we open our doors at 9:00 am.
Pros
Wages, medical/dental benefits, birthday off with pay, christmas eve off with pay when falls on work day, compassionate care fund, community fundraising matching, RRSP matching (depending on position will determine amt), incentive / acknowledgement program for high achievements
Cons
No company pension
Great workplace with awesome coworkers
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2018
I've been working for Connect Hearing for the last 6 months and I have never been happier, I wake up and actually look forward to coming to work. My days are very busy but that's what keeps it interesting, and the hours are great at my clinic, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. All the clinics work together as a team and there is so many people you can reach out to if you ever get stuck and need some assistance. Connect has great benefits, reasonable pay and good incentives with reasonable targets to hit. Management is amazing, always a phone call or email away and there when you need them. I would highly suggest working for Connect Hearing, you won't regret it.
Pros
Hour for lunch + Coworkers/Managment are amazing
Terrible Culture and Management
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2018
Very corporate feel. The initial veneer of the company seemed good with some fairly clear systems and procedures, good compensation and some feel good policies. These quickly seemed hollow in the face of poor corporate culture where people at every level of the organization did not seem happy in there job (from frustrated managers to stressed out clinical and receptions staff). This seemed largely to stem largely from Director level and to some degree above. Many of the cracks at other levels of the organization were probably symptoms of that.

Very performance focused and yet very little encouragement even with goals being met. Very little team collaboration, for example if traffic was down the expectation was that the clinician needed to drum up business and was held accountable for that even without training, support or strategy from head office.

Overall, was not a great experience.
Pros
Compensation, structure
Cons
Poor work environment, limited support
Run
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 August 2018
Not a good place to work. Mediocre salary and benefits. Do not work here ever. Extra long shifts and you don't get breaks and they treat everyone horribly! Everyone is power tripping here and think they are amazing.
worst place i ever worked
Customer Care Representative/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
Do not work here ever, 12 hr shifts and you dont get breaks and they treat everyone horribly! Everyone is power tripping here and think they are amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Hearing. Our community is ready to answer.