Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

worst place i ever worked
Customer Care Representative/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
Do not work here ever, 12 hr shifts and you dont get breaks and they treat everyone horribly! Everyone is power tripping here and think they are amazing
ok place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 March 2018
I got bullied by another coworker. Boss didn't do anything so I finished my contracts and left the job. I did love the job& the feeling of helping people and the need from the clients of needing your help.
Great clinic staff, horrible head office
ccr (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 February 2018
The company has great values, does great work for clients, and has a great atmosphere in the clinics. The downfall to this company is the head office. They are constantly micro managing every aspect of your work, emails constantly about sales, random visits from the district sales manager who comes in with a terrible attitude and holds everyone (including patients) up from doing their job, all so he can give you a well rehearsed "sales" talk about how to sell more units to patients. The staff work incredibly hard from the locations I have been to so far, but unfortunately their success is only measured and acknowledged by the number of units they have sold in a week/month. Connect Hearing used to be a great organization, but as of the past few years they have really changed the way they treat staff. Most are now fearing the visits, because they seem to easily let go of staff if the results are not making them enough money.

Save your mental health and find another job, I hope this helps.
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
head office never happy
A decent company to work for, there's a lot worse out there
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2017
Good company to work for when it comes to work/life balance and salary but they will let you down when it comes to management. Company is micro-managed and is difficult to keep happy.
Pros
Birthday off with pay, hours are generally good.
Cons
Expectations can be a little high
Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 November 2017
This position is highly demanding for the remuneration, should be at least $20 an hour, which it is not. Duties included reception, customer interaction, sales for batteries & supplies, doing clean & checks on Hearing Aids, which is very time consuming, ordering supplies, shipping/receiving multiple courier shipments. Of course billing to different carriers & general office duties. Very little training including working with hearing Aids which was very stressful. The professional staff are very high maintenance & totally lack common courtesy. Pros day off on Birthday & benefits were good, but no family assistance plan which was much needed. Highest stress office I have ever worked in. CCR Area Supervisors were our saving grace. I don’t know how those 2 ladies did it.

A few months into the job was back to my
Job search. After consideration I resigned with 4 days notice & having 2 job offers, dental office for $22 an hour & .60 time hospital job, where I made more money for 28 hours per week. Needed the 1/2 time job to recover from the stress of CCR position at Connect Hearing.
Pros
Benefits & birthdays off, area supervisors
Cons
Work load for renumeration, lack of respect by managers & practitioners
Great Working Culture
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 November 2017
Management shows a lot of trust in its employees. This makes it easier for the employees to work with independence. Management always support employees in crisis.
Friendly and encouraging environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Very professional atmosphere, which includes day to day activities like administrative work, scheduling patients, meetings, ordering and returning hearing aids, and supplies.
Taking care of walk in patients, cleaning and checking hearing aids along with informing patients about their hearing aids and its benefits.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Don't care for this job much
CCR (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 May 2017
Very corporate feel with a head office in Zurich. Low wage with high expectations. Management is very top-heavy and standard operating procedures change frequently. Two weeks off for the first 5 years and your birthday off. We are now open Saturdays. The immediate people I work with work very hard for the company but feel very disposable.
Pros
People I immediately work with, birthday off
Cons
Feeling of being disposable, low wage for what is expected of you, no room to advance, high turnover, head office in Zurich, corporate feel, a lot of travel to other offices for coverage
Loved this company!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
Although I don't work here anymore (left for school) I LOVED my job at Connect Hearing! I'm very surprised to see the comments below. Sounds like they were from workers who couldn't quite make it! Hard workers are rewarded - I saw it all the time, and personally I was rewarded very fairly. The culture is fun, supportive and I enjoyed everyday I came to work. I loved my manager and so did all my co-workers. It really felt like a team environment. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I'm pretty sure they have won a whole bunch or top employer awards too. I recommend the place to all my friends looking for work.
Pros
management, birthdays off, wage, co-workers, mon-fri hours
Cons
a bit more training would have been nice
recent job interview
interviewee (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
To prepare for the interview I had reviewed my knowledge of
parts of the ear, different types of hearing loss and what hearing aids would best suit each type. The questions I received were more to do with KPIs in my past two jobs.
Turn the other way and apply somewhere else!
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 March 2017
This company does not treat it's employees well at all. Constant micro managing, bullying and only care about money! The pay is terrible for what is expected! Especially the CCR's they are way under paid! There is no room for advancement and HR also plays favourites! They will give jobs to people who don't even qualify or have the skills! I ended up on sick leave because of the stress this job was causing me and ended up resigning!Turn the other way and look elsewhere. This company is not worth working at.
Pros
birthday off
Cons
management, micro managing, bullying, need I say more
Tough company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
To work here effectively, I would suggest having a great deal of previous experience in the industry and a type A personality. You will need it to survive the little training, belittling and micro managing you will have to endure. The belittling in front of customers to the point of the customers coming to your defence does not make for a healthy work environment. Talking to management does nothing - expect no help there. This place effected my health so much I had to resign. Save your self the grief.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Micro Management, belittling
Not worth the pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 February 2017
I have seen this company go from a wonderful place to work down to the worst job experience I've had. Management in my department is more of a dictatorship, and is a cesspool of micromanagement. NO opportunity for advancement, and "annual" raises are 0, 1, or 2%...if they even bother getting around to them. Constant bullying and jobs are threatened with ZERO just cause. Employee morale went from > 100% with a previous manager and overall company outlook to essentially non-existent with a new "manager." Then company has always been about money, as all companies are, but it's showing more now. There is no consideration for employee wellbeing amongst all departments, leaning towards the edge of work before health.
Pros
Birthday off with pay, paid sick days, COworkers
Poor Management
Contact Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, BC18 January 2017
Working in the contact center at head office gave me a very interesting view of the office dynamic. Staff would come to work, sick and extremely contagious, despite being offered paid sick time, mostly because they "were unable to support themselves otherwise". Having stayed in contact with many of the people I worked alongside, the issues have escalated to the point of jobs being threatened. This is neither professional, nor what management should look like. The emotional turmoil of working in this Contact Center is not worth the wage they pay. When ones targets are met, you're told how poorly you did, as you clearly could have done better. This is not a customer Service job, but sales.
All they care about is money
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC20 October 2016
I would never work for this Company or any Sonvoa Company again.
Poor Management - Micro managed. Nosey about your personal life., gossip among Management.
I never knew what to expect when management walked through the door unannounced.

I think they only care about profits, targets an budgets.
Benefits
Cons
Company Culture is that of profit.
Amazing Company to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
I love working for Connect Hearing. Everyone in the company are team players and there is so much support behind you, There are always people there to reach out to when you need help with something.
Pros
Paid day off for your birthday. Hour lunch, Compensation every month.
Cons
The salary could be better to start, but is still reasonable
Client Care
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
My experience at Connect Hearing was positive and negative. The positive part of the job was that most clients were a pleasure to do business with as were my fellow Client Care colleagues. The negative aspect of the job is that I was completely micro managed to the point where it started affecting my health. I was treated with a lack of respect often times by my superiors and belittled. I decided that resigning was the best option. I believe in order for Connect Hearing to improve in retaining staff that they need to treat their employees with more respect and realize that we are valuable and important too.
benefits
Cons
management, micro managed
Disgruntled ex-employees are biased - company is fair and a great place to work!
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver29 October 2014
I am honestly shocked at the slanderous reviews on here by obviously disgruntled ex-employees. There is a reason this company employs more professionals than any in the industry - it cares for its people, compensates well, and is a good employer. I love it, been here years and not going anywhere! If you can't sell hearing aids to people who NEED them - then how are you helping them? "Only about sales" is an excuse from poor performers who failed to help their customers. I know because I've come n after them and helped customers they left hanging!

I've worked for several of the bigger players in private hearing in Canada and NONE measured up to Connect! Most recent departures have been employees who left ot join a start up owned by a disgruntled former owner and his few loyal ex-employees (who almost wthout fail were poor performers at Connect).

I say good riddance to you whiners - the company continues to grow and for Hearing Care Professionals it's the best place to be in Canada.
Pros
Benefits, professional approach, fair, good hours, great values
Cons
increased competition from less professional companies (Costco, NexGen, Wal Mart, etc.)
poor extensive training - non-existent
CCR (Former Employee) –  lower mainland bc5 August 2014
I disagree with the extensive training. I felt like it was lacking when I was trained and I feel like for the amount you are getting paid, it just doesn't cut it. Their customer service role is meant for someone who had MOA experience. And I don't feel that they emphasized on health safety when it came to cleaning aids.
Pros
Cons
poor training - not extensive as was described
Micro Managed.
CCR (Former Employee) –  BC8 January 2014
This Company would like you to think they are the best to work for but it is further from the truth. They cannot keep staff and have a huge employee turnover. Micro managed to the extreme and all that matters to them is the Goals set out for targets if not met its is the front line CCR's who get slapped on the wrist. They never treat you like a Team member.

Extremely unhealthy work environment mentally,overworked and underpaid is a definate con about working here.

If you are all about overworking to make the Manangers and CEO's look good this is the job for you if not it is not worth it.. nobody is your friend with this company.

On the plus side - some of the perks and benefits.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Overworked, never leave on time, under paid, micro managed, poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Hearing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8