Connect Group PLC Employee Reviews

Poor Company
People Team (Former Employee) –  Swindon2 August 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for!

Promised development opportunities when I first joined which never materialized.

Worked at Connect for 7months and didn't receive any objectives let alone a performance review.

Very unprofessional and disorganized! Management are extremely disconnected to those at the bottom and don’t appear to care.

Taylorism approach to management in which employees are merely parts of a machine (which can easily be replaced) rather than human beings.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Management, direction and development
No training, promotions or pay increases
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands2 October 2017
No training
No Promotions
No pay increases

Employees are sold a dream that they will receive training, promotions and pay increases. The truth from all employees who have left that everyone is left exhausted carrying out work that a dozen should be doing rather than just one and also fighting for training, promotions and pay increases which are all deserve but never receive knowing they would be given this opportunities at other companies
Professional workplace.
Oper (Local Systems Administrator). (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 August 2017
Modern company with can do culture adapting technology fast as the operating environment changes. I learned to use SAP production and management system.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Office Dynamic is very Cliquey
Data Officer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, ENG7 January 2016
Wouldn't work here again for double the salary!

Management is weak, and senior management are very autocratic (do as I say, not what I do)
You are not allowed to have an opinion, and if you do, it will not be heard, or counts for very little!
The management structure of this company is beyond a joke! The CEO seems a nice enough guy, but the business partners are rarely seen!
You will get on here if you Kiss enough a** and act as a yes man, working 25 hours a day 8 days a week.
Pay is poor for this sector! pay rises are unheard of, not even so much as a cost of living rise in almost 2 years.
Job advancement and progression are a none starter.

To sum up if you have your own mind, a social life, or wish to better yourself, look elsewhere for a job, as you will be on the same wage, and in the same position in ten years time else.
Pros
Inner city Location
Cons
B*tchy, self obsessed co-workers, poor wages, lack of direction
Great place to work, could be better money!
Customer Service Advisor/Admin (Current Employee) –  Norwich21 April 2015
Great place to work, excellent atmosphere and amazing people.

I have learned a lot being here. The job career giving me in this company been brilliant. Its a lot of different opportunities to progress and move departments.

I love my job¬
Interesting expansionist business
Connect Books (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENG6 March 2015
A varied business within the book sector, operating both in the UK and internationally with a diverse customer base - B2B, D2C, this is a good place to work for those interested in growing their experience in a trading environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Group PLC. Our community is ready to answer.