Conestoga College
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Canada154 reviews
I have enjoyed my teaching experience here. All the staff are very good to work with and supportive of your endeavors. The pleasure of passing knowledge along cannot have a price tag.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Typical Work Day: A typically workday involves troubleshooting computer related issues. (Similar to entry level IT Support).

What I Learned: Furthered my communication skills, learned networking skill sets, computer troubleshooting skill sets, organizational processes and program structures.

Perspective on Leadership: Management was great, however, as with every organization there is always room for improvement. My suggestion would be to develop stronger connections with employees.

Culture: Workplace culture is fantastic, employees and management are respectful and always willing to lend a hand.

Hardest Part of the Job: Dealing with difficult students, inpatient individuals or coming across problems outside of our scope. (Such as hardware failure etc.)

Best Parts of the Job: Helping student's overcome tech barriers, empowering students to increase the digital literacy and assisting faculty with tech concerns.
Pros
Flexibility, learning environment, great people
Cons
Limited room to advance and poor hours
Very good about working around my school timetable. Pay was ok, hours were good, and the other staff members were friendly. The work was rewarding and felt important.
I worked with enthusiastic students and dedicated teachers and administrators. I loved working there, but when they switched from Quark to InDesign I was no longer qualified - I now am an expert at Indesign.
It is a great place to work they have a wonderful bunch of people working there. They are friendly and helpful I would highly recommend it to any one.
Great place to work. Walking through the halls you feel like you're apart of a community. People are friendly. Employees and teachers are supportive.

The computer system is hard to manage. If you take the time to learn it, it gets easier.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
The Head of Staff is always ready to teach and allow for learning as well as bettering oneself within the environment. The fellow coworkers boost a sense of friendship as well as healthy competition.
Working at the College as a Co-op student gave me great hands on experience in a real world setting. Staff were great, managers were excellent. They gave me great advice to continue my journey to becoming a licensed electrician.
Productive and good place to learn basics and improve your skills and learn new industrial automation stuff. Very good atmosphere to work and staffs are really willing to teach and explore
The athletics department was small but very efficient, management was very involved with all staff and the day to day operations that it made everything feel personal.
Overall this is an excellent job for students. The typical work day during the school year consists of ensuring the computer labs are functional and addressing any service tickets that arise.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Early hours
i worked in helping the one card office to issues id cards to the new students .
Managed the data of the issued id's in the system

Helped students to gain more knowledge about their one card facilities inside or outside the campus.
Working at Conestoga exceeded my expectations. The polytechnic education system provides students with the practical hands-on tool-set to drive innovation and world classed excellence as they enter the workforce. It is more than a job, but a calling. If you have the background and are a like minded individual with a burning desire to share your experiential knowledge, Conestoga is the place for you.
Working as a professor in Conestoga College is a real fun respected work.. dealing with domestic and international student is the ultimate culture and education experience. Management support is the key of success.. loving the job, helping the student, serving the culture and the society is the fundamental goal of being a professor. I really enjoy being working in Conestoga College
Pros
Na
Cons
part time instructor sometime create financial difficulties
The Staff is good , helpful.Typical day starts at 8:30 and ends at 5:00pm.Workplace culture is kind of office work.Management is exceptional and understanding.
Being in the classroom is rewarding and challenging. Navigating Conestoga "systems", preparation and grading requires far more effort than expected. The college provides an incredible amount of support through workshops. Despite the educational support, as a part time instructor be prepared to work as an individual. Some attempts are made at integrating but generally you are on your own.
Experienced Safety Security Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Customer Service, Supervisory Skills, Public Speaking, Team Building, and Occupational Health. Strong security and protective services professional with a MBA speciality in Health and Safety Leadership focused in Business Administration and Management from University of Fredericton.
i learnt alot. The professors were very knowledgeable for the most part. Poor food availability and pricing. Library and health sciences centers were well done and provided excellent learning environments.
Awesome place to work in and the entire team is very supportive. Learn about how to manage the food bank service which included managing the entire inventory of the food bank and the visit records.
It was nice being able to make my own hours that worked around my school schedule as well as keeping a balance on my life and homework.
The hardest part of the job was about being prepared. Each student had different needs.
I had a great time working at the front desk at Conestoga College. I loved my job, coming to work I did not think of any stressful or ever found it challenging.
Pros
meeting new people and being able to help students.
Cons
Busy schedules