Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Awesome culture
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
Very support support staff. The college is very supportive of development on how to improve instructors. Very positive culture and our students are best in-class.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 October 2017
It was really fantastic in-campus job. I learned work manner, cooperation, fixing skills and so on. It was good time understanding and practicing what I learn.
Pros
Good experience
Job secutiry
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
-salary is not guaranteed.
-not great for your budget.
-parking not covered in pay
-limited hours
-no opportunity for advancement
-you only get paid if student comes to class and your lively hood is depended on them.
A good start for career
Android Developer/Hardware-Software (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2017
This is really good career stater if you are looking to enhance your skills as a CO-op student . i would totally recommend to all students in Conestoga College.
Pros
Felxible Schedule
Cons
Meeting with Professors
Supportive Educational Environment!
Instructor - Computer Software Applications (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
My term as an instructor at Conestoga College was a very productive one that enabled me to enhance my presentation skills while guiding students to perform tasks efficiently with their target applications. On the flip side, I learned more about conducting a college course via the school's professional development workshops.
Pros
Flexible schedule
excellent place to go to school
Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 September 2017
excellent place to go to school, great teachers, and environment for everyone to learn. Good for having any culture involved. This is more school related then work
Productive workplace with helpful team
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 July 2017
The atmosphere at Conestoga is warm and welcoming with the employees and staff looking to help out both the students and their fellow teachers. The staff are understanding and will accommodate everyone so that they feel welcomed and enjoy their time at Conestoga.
Turn around and run away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2017
The president has been there too long. There is a lot of old blood that doesn't retire. This means you are constantly watching your back. Extremely strict. Very top heavy in management. There is a manager for every manager and all of them are out synch with what is going on in the trenches.
benefits
Cons
as above
Worked in English Langauge Assement
English Language Assessor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 July 2017
Got to work all around China. Some weeks were crazy with a lot of travelling and non-stop work, but workers were compensated well. The management was fair and followed British principles.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Tiring
Rewarding and productive
Professor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2017
I have taught before but this is even better! Management is extremely helpful whenever I need assistance.
I have learned that some elearning platforms are not easy but I have managed to get through and figure it out!
The most enjoyable part is seeing my students succeed.
After all, that's what I do this for!
Pros
Fits with my full-time work schedule
Cons
Don't get paid for outside work
Great staff and fun experience.
Varsity Team Badminton Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2017
This is a great position to learn how to build leadership skills as well as communication skills. Working with the Conestoga staff was a pleasure as they are all willing to help and create a fun environment for the students.
Amazing Experience
Production Assistant & Radio Host (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2017
My experience with CJIQ has been amazing and i learn alot in the radio area. It's a fun place to be at. I got to be connected with the listener and be part of their life. Even that this job was a work study program , it still felt like a real radio station to be in my career.
Some job duties
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 April 2017
OHIP and Guard me insurance billing, customer service. Registering patients, booking patients. Answering the telephone, scanning documents. We used the Oscar EMR.
Just okay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 March 2017
I learned about adaptive technology; such as dragon actually speaking, mind mapping and text-speech programs.

I just did some training with them; nothing special.

Some lovely people work here full time though.
Productive and social working environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 March 2017
• Run Front Desk operations, opening and closing the Recreation Center, providing customer service to students, staff, and outside community members via phone, email and face to face interaction
• Provide administrative support to full time staff and management
• Create and process memberships and inform new and prospective members of our services
• Shipping and receiving coordinator, oversees scheduling and facilitates tracking deliveries
• Assist with set up and tear down of small and large scale events and activities
Productive place and great experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2017
A great college with great study environment .
College Management and teachers are really good.
Labs are equipped with modern tools and equipments.
I got a good experience from Conestoga College in my program and I am ready now for any job in my field .
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 February 2017
They gave us a short time how to prepare the server to make Active Directory then gave us a demo how to do it .
After that we had a time to do it our self with little supervision from instructor . .
Assist you to develop sound knowledge of what you need to know on the job.
Junior Labour Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
A typical work day would be log into the system, check for previous day task and complete them first before starting a new day's activities. I had a considerate manager who was always there to offer advice and assist with any questions i had. The work environment is calm and very friendly as everyone wanted to know how i was finding my new role. The hardest part of the job was having to do make indebt research relating to my job function. The most enjoyable part was when i was acknowledged for the roles i played (paying attention to details and early to all appointments and meetings). More so, working independently on my own at some point made it interesting for me as i also made sound decisions that was agreeable with my boss.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Tedious research and the use of analytical skills
Productive and condusive place to work
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
The experience was interesting, not to mention the exposure to different people and culture from around the world. Helping people out on there journey through the beauty of the canadian culture and society, was fulfiling in itself.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with lots of opportunity for growth.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2017
Work around an 8 hour shift, with children tending to their needs while making sure they are happy, nourished and well rested. I have a wonderful supervisor who helps create the positive atmosphere that I work in. The hardest part of my job would be saying goodbye to the children when they leave the childcare to attend kindergarten. I do love meeting the new children that start up at the childcare everytime there is an opening.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement