Conestoga College
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Canada154 reviews
I have enjoyed my teaching experience here. All the staff are very good to work with and supportive of your endeavors. The pleasure of passing knowledge along cannot have a price tag.
Pros
Pay
Cons
People are helpful and nice. Awesome workplace. Salary can be as good as you need, depends on the experience you have. People are supportive and helpful in nature.
I only worked off site for the IELTS exam with Conestoga College, but the staff was very helpful and professional. They were able to provide us the training needed along with timesheets, schedules, and distribution of our candidates in a very timely and professional manner. I always felt comfortable and knew exactly what to do even though I would do my examining in a different city than where I live.
Good Management and supportive staff. Work culture was inspirational and supportive. Helpful supervisors and co-workers. A great work environment with infinite possibilities to upgrade yourself.
I worked as a peer tutor while i was studying at Conestoga College. This helped to cover for my little expenses while I was going to school. I had a great time at the college.
Conestoga College is a great place to work. I did enjoy working there. I recommend everyone to work there. The payment was good. The staff was approachable and personable.
Very good experience working at this college. I find everyone helpful and collaborative. There are a lot of resources there to help you to learn on the job. All tools and technologies are current
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Unstable job. You are not guaranteed a call every semester
it is a good place to study for all international as well as domestic students. they have many successfull student. they also have variety of courses.
Fantastic place to work with. Very knowledgeable and friendly managers. Lots of room and opportunities to grow. Open working hours, No pressure or rush. Effective communication among all level of organization
Conestoga is a unionized place of work, and job security is great. The position involves teaching students by appointment or drop-in, usually one-on-one, although group appointments are offered. Perfect job for someone looking to work in the front lines with struggling students and who wants to keep their math skills sharp.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
My typical day at work at Conestoga College was working closely with Automotive instructors who have been working in the field for at least 5 years. I helped doing preventative maintenance, brakes job and small mechanical repairs. The management was excellent as the manager of the program always followed up closely with my progress at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a co-worker with other Automotive instructors as well as being a student.
Excellent work life balance, excellent opportunities to learn new skills and sharpen old ones.
Hoping to work here full time eventually. This would be the end game.
Great place to teach. Provides training and guidance in all aspects.
modern rooms with smart board are available. Has great staff. HR department is a bit slow in response.
The introduction to the faculty was relatively easy but the connection with Professors although professional was cordial.
Most Professors were very available and helpful outside classes.

Subjects of learning directly connected to the real working life
Pros
Courses were well linked to the other courses of the program
Cons
in group-work every one receive marks for the average not individual marks.
Responsible for electronic maintenance and replacement in the event of failure. Great staff and management, work can be slow sometimes but when it picks up you will be busy for a while. Wear comfortable clothes.
Pros
Great student job
Cons
Lack of work at times
I believe Conestoga is really a bit on work-life balance and is capable of providing that for their employees. It really helps you excel in your job and be able to be present in your home life.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and networking. The hours were flexible and the workplace culture was warm and inclusive.
The management is very supportive.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place to be.
Freedom of expression.

Effective managers

Open environment to be expressive.

Too many responsibilities at a go.

Expressiveness and thinking outside the box
College's Management is great, really good staff, Learned lot of new technologies, but, less salary compare to other companies in market.
I worked as a co-op student for 4 months.
Best place to work, staff is amazing, everyone is super nice and friendly. no issues with any employee, students can be annoying but they are kids. lots of work space.
Pros
Amazing
Cons
travel time
I have no reason to review a school as a place of employment but indeed is insisting on it. This is of no benefit to anyone. Review your policies, this is stupid.