Conestoga College Employee Reviews

fun
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 August 2014
Good time working at the help desk. Easy just waiting for calls. Reset user accounts.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexible Hour to Fit Student Lifestyle
Support Staff - Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 July 2014
10 hours of work per week at your own scheduling.
Great freedom.
Low amount of direction allows for you to make your own judgement and implement initiative.
Comfortable and Fun workplace
Machine Operator/General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 May 2014
Pretty comfortable and friendly work environment with good management and co-workers.
Good
On air personality (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2014
Good hard working environment. Staff is well mannered and very knowledgeable about the news. We are able to work to dead and are very proficient in writing.
Pros
On Air
Cultural workplace
proctor (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2014
I really enjoyed working for Conestoga College, I met a lot of people from various parts of the world, I also worked with very intelligent, fun, and cultural people. It was a great working environment with lots to learn and lots to give.
Casual, goal-oriented with friendly co-workers
Student Telephone Caller (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2014
A typical night at work would be after class around 5:30-9:00. Mostly self-managed, and driven towards a goal (successful donations, how many, how much)

Co-workers were all students and very friendly, and my supervisor was awesome to work for. She really encouraged you to have a fun time when things got a little stressful.

Hardest part was getting a successful donation around Christmas, the most enjoyable part was communicating with alumni about their experiences and building a relationship.
Pros
fun, well managed, flexibility, good pay
Cons
had a lower-end job, lots of work
It was by far the greatest learning experience I have had so far
Student Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener9 February 2014
My journeyman showed me so many things that I will never forget. Ways to approach projects and problems to solve them better, make the job look nicer etc.
Pros
Easy fridays
Cons
Tough mondays
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative/Client Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener,On20 November 2013
Great and team oriented place to work. I enjoy going extra mile to respond to and solve customers issues, while ensuring that they leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
boring during the school vacation
A great place to work
Fees Support Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener5 November 2013
A wonderful working environment with great employees. Very understanding and adaptable to many peoples needs. In a typical day I deal with all sorts of different people regarding there financial needs.
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
Can't think of any
Excellent experience and great job opportunity while completing post secondary education
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario8 October 2013
Great safe and flexible hours that work around your school schedule
Enjoyable activities
A great learning experience for taking initiative and learning leadership skills
Good experience
Professor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 August 2013
Challenging environment to teach in with good remuneration and benefits
Pros
Good experience
Experinced all IT related jobs
Technician (Former Employee) –  kitchener, on9 August 2013
Great oppertunity that i could improve my skills beside learning how to master problems
Practical Learning Setting
Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2013
Every thing is well organized and we have a good time learning all day. We are here for eachother as a class and have our own mission statement. Conestoga is a great learning environment, and the career building course is very directive and helpful in finding a job.
Pros
Lunch and break times
Cons
Remedial work
Great education and awesome Instructors
Student (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 May 2013
I had a great time at the Personal Support Worker Program at Riverside Glen in Guelph.
Best job I have ever had.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 April 2013
This company was a great place to work at because all of my bosses were also my teachers for the time spent at the College. They knew how productive I am and decided to give me the job which really helped me out.
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 March 2013
Working in MyCareer (online job searching application) all day. Making sure the reports and request made by staff be accurate.
Very good student environment
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kitchener,Doon23 January 2013
A typical day goes by really quickly because there is always assignments and extra activities that require participation.The orientation sessions for new students are very thorough and interesting.
Pros
free lunches, good orientation and training sessions
Challenging, rewarding, non-judgmental atmosphere with an open, welcoming, diverse and continuous learning approach and attitude.
Smart Start Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2013
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing and preparing for daily appointments with newly registered students for the fall programs. There were 2-6 appointments per day which included an initial assement of student needs, a tour of the facility, math and computer tutoring and setting of homework assignments. Student that opted to for ongoing tutoring were rebooked and work assigned and help offered increased with each appointment. Other duties included standing in for reception during lunch and meetings, compiling worksheets and hand outs for students and use for future peer educators in following summer program. As well we collaborated on presentations for basic computer skills classes given by us individually at the end of the work term.
Management were forthcoming with their expecations and encouraging in the goals they set for us as a team. They fostered our new ideas and let us work independently to create new activities and guides for the program.
My co-workers and I worked as a team and helped one another out when necessary during individual tutoring sessions or to collaborate on ideas for the worksheets and presentations. It was a fun and exciting environment.
The hardest part of the job the necessity of meeting students needs and ensuring our knowledge of the skills we were teaching them was relevant and exceeded their expectations as well as our own. It felt like a huge responsibility but the most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge that we had given the students the inspiration, courage and skills they needed to move confidently into their fall progams.
  more... Our feedback survey was a huge success.  less
Pros
autonomy, teamwork, sense of accomplishment, work/life balance
Cons
temporary position
Great place to work at and great colleagues!
Senior Proctor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2013
I enjoy the friendly atmosphere and dynamics of each testing!
As the the Campus is still under construction we were limited to where we could work and when.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 August 2012
- A typical day would be setting up classrooms and offices with computers and switches, with wireless access points in the ceiling.
- I have learned the proper way of setting up a classroom and in what order the parts and equipment need to be applied.
- The management was in somewhat disarray due to conflict between the construction as well as the class room planner.
- Most co-workers worked well together and pushed one another.
- Dealing with management, as the situation changes with the class room, confusion and disorganization affected the work flow.
- The real world experience gained gives an understanding of what to look out for and how to go about a tricky situation.