Conestoga College Employee Review

View all Conestoga College reviews

Great Workplace
Tech Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 April 2019
Typical Work Day: A typically workday involves troubleshooting computer related issues. (Similar to entry level IT Support).

What I Learned: Furthered my communication skills, learned networking skill sets, computer troubleshooting skill sets, organizational processes and program structures.

Perspective on Leadership: Management was great, however, as with every organization there is always room for improvement. My suggestion would be to develop stronger connections with employees.

Culture: Workplace culture is fantastic, employees and management are respectful and always willing to lend a hand.

Hardest Part of the Job: Dealing with difficult students, inpatient individuals or coming across problems outside of our scope. (Such as hardware failure etc.)

Best Parts of the Job: Helping student's overcome tech barriers, empowering students to increase the digital literacy and assisting faculty with tech concerns.
Pros
Flexibility, learning environment, great people
Cons
Limited room to advance and poor hours

Other Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Fast paced and knowledge filled workplace
IT Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 June 2019
Responsible for electronic maintenance and replacement in the event of failure. Great staff and management, work can be slow sometimes but when it picks up you will be busy for a while. Wear comfortable clothes.
Pros
Great student job
Cons
Lack of work at times
fun workplace.
IT Help desk Support - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 June 2019
I believe Conestoga is really a bit on work-life balance and is capable of providing that for their employees. It really helps you excel in your job and be able to be present in your home life.