Conestoga College Employee Review

View all Conestoga College reviews

Supportive Work Environment, but limited hours
Radio Broadcasting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2017
Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.

There's paid training and occasional meetings, but aside from that you make your own schedule.

The management is very good, it's a very respectful work environment, and problems are dealt with quickly and quietly.

My only complaint is that, because I'm a tutor, I only get paid when I have appointments. But I'm limited to six billed hours per week, meaning I can only have six appointments per week.

My class is quite small so this doesn't limit me too much, but some of my peers have this problem.
Pros
Respectful work environment, Make your own schedule
Cons
Limited Hours

Other Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Reliable employment and stress-free environment
Math Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 August 2019
Conestoga is a unionized place of work, and job security is great. The position involves teaching students by appointment or drop-in, usually one-on-one, although group appointments are offered. Perfect job for someone looking to work in the front lines with struggling students and who wants to keep their math skills sharp.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Excellent work culture
Assistant technician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 August 2019
My typical day at work at Conestoga College was working closely with Automotive instructors who have been working in the field for at least 5 years. I helped doing preventative maintenance, brakes job and small mechanical repairs. The management was excellent as the manager of the program always followed up closely with my progress at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a co-worker with other Automotive instructors as well as being a student.