Conestoga College
Coronavirus update

Conestoga College Employee Reviews for Tutor

Tutor9 reviews
Canada9 reviews
good chance to meet new students and feel satisfaction when they say thank me
sometimes very busy with studying my course, but I could manage the time effectively, so I did it well.
Good Management and supportive staff. Work culture was inspirational and supportive. Helpful supervisors and co-workers. A great work environment with infinite possibilities to upgrade yourself.
I worked as a peer tutor while i was studying at Conestoga College. This helped to cover for my little expenses while I was going to school. I had a great time at the college.
The introduction to the faculty was relatively easy but the connection with Professors although professional was cordial.
Most Professors were very available and helpful outside classes.

Subjects of learning directly connected to the real working life
Pros
Courses were well linked to the other courses of the program
Cons
in group-work every one receive marks for the average not individual marks.
Typical Work Day: A typically workday involves troubleshooting computer related issues. (Similar to entry level IT Support).

What I Learned: Furthered my communication skills, learned networking skill sets, computer troubleshooting skill sets, organizational processes and program structures.

Perspective on Leadership: Management was great, however, as with every organization there is always room for improvement. My suggestion would be to develop stronger connections with employees.

Culture: Workplace culture is fantastic, employees and management are respectful and always willing to lend a hand.

Hardest Part of the Job: Dealing with difficult students, inpatient individuals or coming across problems outside of our scope. (Such as hardware failure etc.)

Best Parts of the Job: Helping student's overcome tech barriers, empowering students to increase the digital literacy and assisting faculty with tech concerns.
Pros
Flexibility, learning environment, great people
Cons
Limited room to advance and poor hours
It was nice being able to make my own hours that worked around my school schedule as well as keeping a balance on my life and homework.
The hardest part of the job was about being prepared. Each student had different needs.
The College was excellent at providing me the opportunity to help other students and make some money to help pay while going to school. I have never had a single problem with other students or the College itself regarding my position.
Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.

There's paid training and occasional meetings, but aside from that you make your own schedule.

The management is very good, it's a very respectful work environment, and problems are dealt with quickly and quietly.

My only complaint is that, because I'm a tutor, I only get paid when I have appointments. But I'm limited to six billed hours per week, meaning I can only have six appointments per week.

My class is quite small so this doesn't limit me too much, but some of my peers have this problem.
Pros
Respectful work environment, Make your own schedule
Cons
Limited Hours
I worked part-time tutoring Statistics, Chemistry, and Biology to first year students.

The schedule was accommodating and I was happy to make some extra cash while helping students with their studies.