Conestoga College
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Conestoga College Employee Reviews for Professor

Professor19 reviews
Canada19 reviews
I have enjoyed my teaching experience here. All the staff are very good to work with and supportive of your endeavors. The pleasure of passing knowledge along cannot have a price tag.
Pros
Pay
Cons
An excellent environment for teaching. However, continues offers of part-time and partial load assignments were offered, little prospects of full time and permanent positions were on offer.
Pros
Great productive environment for learning
Cons
Little prospects for advancement
Students are very willing to learn. Other faculty is willing to assist with LMS. Typically you can expect prep work and marking assignments to take approximately the same amount of time as the in-class teaching. Overall very enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great support from the Chair when needed
Cons
Nothing - all great
Good communication and support for faculty, including wide range of training offered to support expectations of quality work in classrooms. An exciting place to work
I love my job, and love the people I work with. It is a collaborative and creative arena filled with opportunity and support.

Helping future leaders learn how to be effective and efficient is a true asset of this workplace.
If you had a good idea for new ground breaking teaching concepts, the college was open to entertaining it. The students were enthusiastic and the staff engaging. The administration is somewhat more concerned about insurance policies than education.
Teaching has great rewards here as the students are highly motivated to succeed. the teaching platforms are top of the line and the support form fellow professors is excellent.
It’s a great place to work. The job is awesome and there are a lot of opportunities for feedback and improvement. The students are enthusiastic and the faculty is very supportive.
Your student appraisal test doesn't matter, you can be a great teacher who gets results, but if the head of the department cares more about being the most liked, pack your things when the contract is up. There is no job security, everyone is playing the game.

So if your hope is to just be a great teacher, and help your students succeed, know that is only 1/2 your job here. The other half, is trying to keep it through high school drama.
Very good experience working at this college. I find everyone helpful and collaborative. There are a lot of resources there to help you to learn on the job. All tools and technologies are current
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Unstable job. You are not guaranteed a call every semester
Excellent work life balance, excellent opportunities to learn new skills and sharpen old ones.
Hoping to work here full time eventually. This would be the end game.
Great place to teach. Provides training and guidance in all aspects.
modern rooms with smart board are available. Has great staff. HR department is a bit slow in response.
Working at Conestoga exceeded my expectations. The polytechnic education system provides students with the practical hands-on tool-set to drive innovation and world classed excellence as they enter the workforce. It is more than a job, but a calling. If you have the background and are a like minded individual with a burning desire to share your experiential knowledge, Conestoga is the place for you.
Working as a professor in Conestoga College is a real fun respected work.. dealing with domestic and international student is the ultimate culture and education experience. Management support is the key of success.. loving the job, helping the student, serving the culture and the society is the fundamental goal of being a professor. I really enjoy being working in Conestoga College
Pros
Na
Cons
part time instructor sometime create financial difficulties
They are best in training and development of employees. People are friendly and help each other. Passion is what drives each member of the team to facilitate students at their best.
Conestoga Conestoga is an amazing College to work and teach at. There are many highly skilled and innovative employees who strive to assist students achieve success.
Pros
Wonderful College environment
Cons
No cons
Great work environment, I love teaching and offers lots of support. Overall very good place to work. You have complete freedom with what you teach and how you deliver,
I have taught before but this is even better! Management is extremely helpful whenever I need assistance.
I have learned that some elearning platforms are not easy but I have managed to get through and figure it out!

The most enjoyable part is seeing my students succeed.

After all, that's what I do this for!
Pros
Fits with my full-time work schedule
Cons
Don't get paid for outside work
Challenging environment to teach in with good remuneration and benefits
Pros
Good experience