Conestoga College Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

One of the Great Places for freshers
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 May 2019
College's Management is great, really good staff, Learned lot of new technologies, but, less salary compare to other companies in market.
I worked as a co-op student for 4 months.
Great place
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 May 2019
Best place to work, staff is amazing, everyone is super nice and friendly. no issues with any employee, students can be annoying but they are kids. lots of work space.
Pros
Amazing
Cons
travel time
Student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 April 2019
I have no reason to review a school as a place of employment but indeed is insisting on it. This is of no benefit to anyone. Review your policies, this is stupid.
Great Workplace
Tech Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 April 2019
Typical Work Day: A typically workday involves troubleshooting computer related issues. (Similar to entry level IT Support).

What I Learned: Furthered my communication skills, learned networking skill sets, computer troubleshooting skill sets, organizational processes and program structures.

Perspective on Leadership: Management was great, however, as with every organization there is always room for improvement. My suggestion would be to develop stronger connections with employees.

Culture: Workplace culture is fantastic, employees and management are respectful and always willing to lend a hand.

Hardest Part of the Job: Dealing with difficult students, inpatient individuals or coming across problems outside of our scope. (Such as hardware failure etc.)

Best Parts of the Job: Helping student's overcome tech barriers, empowering students to increase the digital literacy and assisting faculty with tech concerns.
Pros
Flexibility, learning environment, great people
Cons
Limited room to advance and poor hours
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2019
I worked with enthusiastic students and dedicated teachers and administrators. I loved working there, but when they switched from Quark to InDesign I was no longer qualified - I now am an expert at Indesign.
Productive, Fun, Organized, Challenging
CJIQ (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 April 2019
Great place to work. Walking through the halls you feel like you're apart of a community. People are friendly. Employees and teachers are supportive.

The computer system is hard to manage. If you take the time to learn it, it gets easier.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wonderful Head of Staff and Encouraging Environment
Embedded Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2019
The Head of Staff is always ready to teach and allow for learning as well as bettering oneself within the environment. The fellow coworkers boost a sense of friendship as well as healthy competition.
Great learning environment
Electrical Co-op (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 March 2019
Working at the College as a Co-op student gave me great hands on experience in a real world setting. Staff were great, managers were excellent. They gave me great advice to continue my journey to becoming a licensed electrician.
Personal efficient workspace
Varsity Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2019
The athletics department was small but very efficient, management was very involved with all staff and the day to day operations that it made everything feel personal.
Flexible student job.
IT Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 March 2019
Overall this is an excellent job for students. The typical work day during the school year consists of ensuring the computer labs are functional and addressing any service tickets that arise.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Early hours
My first job in canada
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2019
i worked in helping the one card office to issues id cards to the new students .
Managed the data of the issued id's in the system
Helped students to gain more knowledge about their one card facilities inside or outside the campus.
Rewarding and Challenging
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 November 2018
Being in the classroom is rewarding and challenging. Navigating Conestoga "systems", preparation and grading requires far more effort than expected. The college provides an incredible amount of support through workshops. Despite the educational support, as a part time instructor be prepared to work as an individual. Some attempts are made at integrating but generally you are on your own.
Very complex work enviroment
Manager Campus Safety and Parking Services (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 October 2018
Experienced Safety Security Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Customer Service, Supervisory Skills, Public Speaking, Team Building, and Occupational Health. Strong security and protective services professional with a MBA speciality in Health and Safety Leadership focused in Business Administration and Management from University of Fredericton.
good school
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2018
i learnt alot. The professors were very knowledgeable for the most part. Poor food availability and pricing. Library and health sciences centers were well done and provided excellent learning environments.
Got the opportunity to interact with people and learn management skills
Food Bank Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 October 2018
Awesome place to work in and the entire team is very supportive. Learn about how to manage the food bank service which included managing the entire inventory of the food bank and the visit records.
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON and Guelph, ON17 September 2018
It was nice being able to make my own hours that worked around my school schedule as well as keeping a balance on my life and homework.
The hardest part of the job was about being prepared. Each student had different needs.
Front Desk Reception
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2018
I had a great time working at the front desk at Conestoga College. I loved my job, coming to work I did not think of any stressful or ever found it challenging.
Pros
meeting new people and being able to help students.
Cons
Busy schedules
Fun and challenging place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 August 2018
Conestoga college provides a challenging work environment and friendly colleagues that make coming to work each day enjoyable. The total compensation is also a plus.
Pretty Good place to live at while going to school
Robotics Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 July 2018
Great staff and good people, a friendly environment to live while studying and living there. College staff and teachers also great people. Resources always available for people that look for them.
Good
Professor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 July 2018
They are best in training and development of employees. People are friendly and help each other. Passion is what drives each member of the team to facilitate students at their best.