CONESTOGA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great
Professor Partial Load (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2018
Great work environment, I love teaching and offers lots of support. Overall very good place to work. You have complete freedom with what you teach and how you deliver,
IT Service Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 March 2018
CC is an amazing place to work, where students are able to work, but also have a life and time for studies. The was a fun and positive place to be and truly enjoyed working there.
Na
Field Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2018
Conestoga College is amazing for students, but difficult to find employment. The hiring process in such major facilities has lost the personal touch desperately needed in finding the best candidates.
Not for the faint of heart
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2018
You need to love what you do because you may never get a full time job. There is a perpetual culture of short-term precarious work that they say they are preparing students to avoid.
Pros
Provides teaching jobs
Cons
Doesn't care that they support and perpetuate the precarious work environments
Fun workplace
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2018
My program is 3 ears electrical technician with co-op(1year). I got the coop position at Conestoga College. I work with a very good team. I have 3 teachers. They are all licensed electrician with lots of working experience. I learned many skills from them.

Also, there are plumbers in our team. I learned something for them.

I think it is a good experience at the college.
Fun and great atmosphere
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener and Cambridge ON11 December 2017
As an instructor, I really enjoyed teaching and sharing my experience and knowledge to help all my students to be successful in real life. I enjoy also the fact that every semester I meet now students, understand more culture aspects.
Pros
good atmosphere for innovation and motivation
Cons
part time mean less hours
Awesome culture
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
Very support support staff. The college is very supportive of development on how to improve instructors. Very positive culture and our students are best in-class.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 October 2017
It was really fantastic in-campus job. I learned work manner, cooperation, fixing skills and so on. It was good time understanding and practicing what I learn.
Pros
Good experience
Job secutiry
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
-salary is not guaranteed.
-not great for your budget.
-parking not covered in pay
-limited hours
-no opportunity for advancement
-you only get paid if student comes to class and your lively hood is depended on them.
A good start for career
Android Developer/Hardware-Software (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2017
This is really good career stater if you are looking to enhance your skills as a CO-op student . i would totally recommend to all students in Conestoga College.
Pros
Felxible Schedule
Cons
Meeting with Professors
Supportive Educational Environment!
Instructor - Computer Software Applications (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
My term as an instructor at Conestoga College was a very productive one that enabled me to enhance my presentation skills while guiding students to perform tasks efficiently with their target applications. On the flip side, I learned more about conducting a college course via the school's professional development workshops.
Pros
Flexible schedule
excellent place to go to school
Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 September 2017
excellent place to go to school, great teachers, and environment for everyone to learn. Good for having any culture involved. This is more school related then work
Productive workplace with helpful team
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 July 2017
The atmosphere at Conestoga is warm and welcoming with the employees and staff looking to help out both the students and their fellow teachers. The staff are understanding and will accommodate everyone so that they feel welcomed and enjoy their time at Conestoga.
Turn around and run away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2017
The president has been there too long. There is a lot of old blood that doesn't retire. This means you are constantly watching your back. Extremely strict. Very top heavy in management. There is a manager for every manager and all of them are out synch with what is going on in the trenches.
benefits
Cons
as above
Rewarding and productive
Professor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2017
I have taught before but this is even better! Management is extremely helpful whenever I need assistance.
I have learned that some elearning platforms are not easy but I have managed to get through and figure it out!
The most enjoyable part is seeing my students succeed.
After all, that's what I do this for!
Pros
Fits with my full-time work schedule
Cons
Don't get paid for outside work
Great staff and fun experience.
Varsity Team Badminton Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2017
This is a great position to learn how to build leadership skills as well as communication skills. Working with the Conestoga staff was a pleasure as they are all willing to help and create a fun environment for the students.
Productive and social working environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 March 2017
• Run Front Desk operations, opening and closing the Recreation Center, providing customer service to students, staff, and outside community members via phone, email and face to face interaction
• Provide administrative support to full time staff and management
• Create and process memberships and inform new and prospective members of our services
• Shipping and receiving coordinator, oversees scheduling and facilitates tracking deliveries
• Assist with set up and tear down of small and large scale events and activities
Productive place and great experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2017
A great college with great study environment .
College Management and teachers are really good.
Labs are equipped with modern tools and equipments.
I got a good experience from Conestoga College in my program and I am ready now for any job in my field .
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 February 2017
They gave us a short time how to prepare the server to make Active Directory then gave us a demo how to do it .
After that we had a time to do it our self with little supervision from instructor . .
Assist you to develop sound knowledge of what you need to know on the job.
Junior Labour Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2017
A typical work day would be log into the system, check for previous day task and complete them first before starting a new day's activities. I had a considerate manager who was always there to offer advice and assist with any questions i had. The work environment is calm and very friendly as everyone wanted to know how i was finding my new role. The hardest part of the job was having to do make indebt research relating to my job function. The most enjoyable part was when i was acknowledged for the roles i played (paying attention to details and early to all appointments and meetings). More so, working independently on my own at some point made it interesting for me as i also made sound decisions that was agreeable with my boss.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Tedious research and the use of analytical skills