CONESTOGA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON and Guelph, ON17 September 2018
It was nice being able to make my own hours that worked around my school schedule as well as keeping a balance on my life and homework.
The hardest part of the job was about being prepared. Each student had different needs.
Front Desk Reception
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2018
I had a great time working at the front desk at Conestoga College. I loved my job, coming to work I did not think of any stressful or ever found it challenging.
Pros
meeting new people and being able to help students.
Cons
Busy schedules
Fun and challenging place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 August 2018
Conestoga college provides a challenging work environment and friendly colleagues that make coming to work each day enjoyable. The total compensation is also a plus.
Pretty Good place to live at while going to school
Robotics Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 July 2018
Great staff and good people, a friendly environment to live while studying and living there. College staff and teachers also great people. Resources always available for people that look for them.
Good
Professor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 July 2018
They are best in training and development of employees. People are friendly and help each other. Passion is what drives each member of the team to facilitate students at their best.
Productive and conducive workplace where everyone is friendly
International Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2018
The environment encourages you to be your best. The organizational holds its standard high with values that makes sense to conform with. It was a pleasure working for the international office!
Wonderful College Environment
Professor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2018
Conestoga Conestoga is an amazing College to work and teach at. There are many highly skilled and innovative employees who strive to assist students achieve success.
Pros
Wonderful College environment
Cons
No cons
Good Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 April 2018
The College was excellent at providing me the opportunity to help other students and make some money to help pay while going to school. I have never had a single problem with other students or the College itself regarding my position.
Great
Professor Partial Load (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2018
Great work environment, I love teaching and offers lots of support. Overall very good place to work. You have complete freedom with what you teach and how you deliver,
IT Service Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 March 2018
CC is an amazing place to work, where students are able to work, but also have a life and time for studies. The was a fun and positive place to be and truly enjoyed working there.
Na
Field Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2018
Conestoga College is amazing for students, but difficult to find employment. The hiring process in such major facilities has lost the personal touch desperately needed in finding the best candidates.
Not for the faint of heart
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2018
You need to love what you do because you may never get a full time job. There is a perpetual culture of short-term precarious work that they say they are preparing students to avoid.
Pros
Provides teaching jobs
Cons
Doesn't care that they support and perpetuate the precarious work environments
Fun workplace
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2018
My program is 3 ears electrical technician with co-op(1year). I got the coop position at Conestoga College. I work with a very good team. I have 3 teachers. They are all licensed electrician with lots of working experience. I learned many skills from them.

Also, there are plumbers in our team. I learned something for them.

I think it is a good experience at the college.
Fun and great atmosphere
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener and Cambridge ON11 December 2017
As an instructor, I really enjoyed teaching and sharing my experience and knowledge to help all my students to be successful in real life. I enjoy also the fact that every semester I meet now students, understand more culture aspects.
Pros
good atmosphere for innovation and motivation
Cons
part time mean less hours
Awesome culture
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2017
Very support support staff. The college is very supportive of development on how to improve instructors. Very positive culture and our students are best in-class.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 October 2017
It was really fantastic in-campus job. I learned work manner, cooperation, fixing skills and so on. It was good time understanding and practicing what I learn.
Pros
Good experience
Job secutiry
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
-salary is not guaranteed.
-not great for your budget.
-parking not covered in pay
-limited hours
-no opportunity for advancement
-you only get paid if student comes to class and your lively hood is depended on them.
A good start for career
Android Developer/Hardware-Software (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2017
This is really good career stater if you are looking to enhance your skills as a CO-op student . i would totally recommend to all students in Conestoga College.
Pros
Felxible Schedule
Cons
Meeting with Professors
Supportive Educational Environment!
Instructor - Computer Software Applications (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
My term as an instructor at Conestoga College was a very productive one that enabled me to enhance my presentation skills while guiding students to perform tasks efficiently with their target applications. On the flip side, I learned more about conducting a college course via the school's professional development workshops.
Pros
Flexible schedule
excellent place to go to school
Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 September 2017
excellent place to go to school, great teachers, and environment for everyone to learn. Good for having any culture involved. This is more school related then work