Conestoga College

Conestoga College Employee Reviews

Canada151 reviews
Productive and collaborative work culture
Always had a strong emphasis on internal workplace culture, the result of which is a strong team who share a common set of values. The people who work here are the atmosphere they create is nothing like anywhere else I have ever worked. Beyond the people who work here, the purpose that the company aspires to goes beyond money/profit. We don't get everything right, but there is a dedication to the primary purpose and an integrity to how we go about it.
best place for students for work
Fun to work in college with study, they manage our schedule, no worry about any conflict with the classes. Organized work, friendly coworkers and Managers provide proper guidance and support in all assign tasks to everyone.
Very fulfilling environment helping students meet their learning goals.
Students are very willing to learn. Other faculty is willing to assist with LMS. Typically you can expect prep work and marking assignments to take approximately the same amount of time as the in-class teaching. Overall very enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great support from the Chair when needed
Cons
Nothing - all great
Good place to work and study
Conestoga College is a good educational institution and a good place to work and study. I would recommend it to any one who wants to study or work in the institution.As in any institution no place is perfect and there is always scope for improvement in some selective areas.
Supportive and encouraging
Good communication and support for faculty, including wide range of training offered to support expectations of quality work in classrooms. An exciting place to work
Amazing workplace
I love my job, and love the people I work with. It is a collaborative and creative arena filled with opportunity and support.

Helping future leaders learn how to be effective and efficient is a true asset of this workplace.
Great experience at CC
Conestoga College is a great place to learn, even when you are working there.
Great environment, friendly and respectful people. All you need to work is always available.
Contract work available 8 months of the year
Rewarding but be ready to put in many hours of preparation and marking on your own time. Management very supportive. Recent or current clinical experience is an asset
A creative workspace. Working with the students was fantastic.
If you had a good idea for new ground breaking teaching concepts, the college was open to entertaining it. The students were enthusiastic and the staff engaging. The administration is somewhat more concerned about insurance policies than education.
Excellent and professional Teaching Facility
Teaching has great rewards here as the students are highly motivated to succeed. the teaching platforms are top of the line and the support form fellow professors is excellent.
Work environment was excellent
- Job culture was good, but always room for improvement.
- Loved the collaboration between coworkers and management.

- Hours/Shifts were not scheduled the best.
Toxic work environment
Very toxic environment, in particular, the Health Sciences Programs office (nickname is the dog pound). Union is only as strong as its membership, which is weak. No help for the members who actually do their jobs, protection for those who don’t.
Highly recommend
Highly recommend Conestoga College as a place to work and study.
Left as very high paying job to work at the College as I felt it was time to start giving back to the next generation.

Work is satisfying in that you feel you are making a difference in someone's life in the long run.
Workplace Culture
I worked at the conestoga college with the student engagement team as a part time student information associate while i was studying as a full time international student under the program Information Technology Business Analysis Operations.The work study culture was awesome and the college itself has a great vibe.
I highly recommend working here. The orientation is excellent and outlines exactly what you need to know.
It’s a great place to work. The job is awesome and there are a lot of opportunities for feedback and improvement. The students are enthusiastic and the faculty is very supportive.
Popularity Contest
Your student appraisal test doesn't matter, you can be a great teacher who gets results, but if the head of the department cares more about being the most liked, pack your things when the contract is up. There is no job security, everyone is playing the game.

So if your hope is to just be a great teacher, and help your students succeed, know that is only 1/2 your job here. The other half, is trying to keep it through high school drama.
Very professional and supportive environment
Very professional and supportive environment. Initial training was very valuable and informative. Conestoga is one of the fastest growing colleges in Canada.
fun work place
good chance to meet new students and feel satisfaction when they say thank me
sometimes very busy with studying my course, but I could manage the time effectively, so I did it well.
Nice working environment and people
People are helpful and nice. Awesome workplace. Salary can be as good as you need, depends on the experience you have. People are supportive and helpful in nature.
Collaborative and opportunity to learn
I only worked off site for the IELTS exam with Conestoga College, but the staff was very helpful and professional. They were able to provide us the training needed along with timesheets, schedules, and distribution of our candidates in a very timely and professional manner. I always felt comfortable and knew exactly what to do even though I would do my examining in a different city than where I live.
Good Management
Good Management and supportive staff. Work culture was inspirational and supportive. Helpful supervisors and co-workers. A great work environment with infinite possibilities to upgrade yourself.