Conestoga Cold Storage

Conestoga Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Respectful and Fun Place to Work.

Lets get the elephant out of the room first. The work here is not at all tiring as compared to similar warehouses. The pay rate is the best among other warehouse jobs. The workers, supervisors, management, everyone is kind, respectful and always ready to help. All these might sound superficial, but its true. I have worked in 3 different warehouses, and this is the place where I feel like working.

Pros

Company sponsored semi annual parties, Great work environment, Kind and respectful colleagues, Understanding and quick management team.

Cons

Cold.

No evaluation of honesty and good job.

Nightmare , no evaluation of good work , decision makes with listening handful of people, anytime could get fired without any logical reason,even after you give your 100%. if you want stable job , forget this company......

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No job security

Super

J'ai bien aimé travaillé chez conestoga à Vaudreuil. La direction est super à 100%

Pros

ambience de travail

Cons

pas vraîment..

Its like having an extended family

I just completed my 13th year with conestoga cold storage. When u have been at a work place that long it's like having an extended family. There have been good times and good times...

Productive & Fun Workplace

Great learning experience at Conestoga. Fast paced work environment. The management is very helpful and accommodative. Workplace culture is positive and productive.

great people to work for

i liked working here because of great pay and good hours. I liked working the evening shift and being able to work in the cold. I also like the Christmas perks.

order picker

Start each day by selecting a machine, work huddle and then receive work orders. orders are done in pairs/teams to complete for designated loading door. after each completed order, report to supervisor and receive new instructions. Instructions could be from picking, loading, replenish inventory and putting away inventory.

Pros

paid breaks

Cons

extremely cold

Great Company

Great company to work for, owners and upper management were great! They take good care of their employees, lots of benefits and opportunity. Would recommend this company

Pros

Great Company

great trucks to drive

great place to work great people to work for still would be there if they never lost m&m contract really enjoyed working for them all the people were great to work with

great place to work

I worked here for 10 years is a great place to work only reason I'm not there to this day is I relocated to Ottawa for my wife's job. I have nothing but good to say about the employees and management.

Jobs at Conestoga Cold Storage

See more jobs

Work environment

Very good work environment and everyone was very friendly i learned a lot about warehouse work and how to drive heavy machinery. The foremen and the supervisors were very helpful with anything i needed on the job. Overall a very good job to work at.

Room to grow, good environment, busy workplace cold inside rotating shifts overtime available, Good place to work lots of traffic in and out of facility

Environnement productif et agréable

Bonne entreprise axée sur les performances personnelle.

Pros

Avantage sociaux

Cons

Manque d'employé

Order Assembler

I thought that this facility was high ranked in management, but I noticed that with me having warehouse experience in my past that I was authorized by a couple foremen to operate all the machinery, yet so many co-workers were upset at seeing me operate other machinery that they haven't touched since they started as frustration got built in the facility as I was just wanting to complete my work accurately and safely and on time. The trainer never ended up certifying me on the internal certification which left me concerned as MANY employees just operate another machine on their own free will. No training given, except on the jiggers & Raymond Reach.

Pros

Its a busy business

Cons

Hours & communication between management

not recommended

owners pride themselves for being a trustworthy family company and promise things to lure you in except, 6 months down the road you'll realize they never had any intention to keep their word.

Pros

turkey for christmas :))

Cons

owners are liars

productive, organized workplace with a great atmosphere.

Conestoga Cold Storage is a well organized facility that appooints tasks at the beginning of the shift that are to be carried out by the end of the shift. I learned valuable skills in the shipping and receiving industry, how to work forklifts, reach trucks, battery powered walkees and truck loaders. I also learned how to stack skids in order from their first stop to their last. The management at conestoga was very friendly and helpful, never bothered to lend a hand or suggestion. Co- workers were very much the same as well as light hearted and friendly. The hardest part of my job was giving up the summer days to work afternoons, but the job itself wasnt tough, very straight forward. I really enjoyed getting to know other students at conestoga and lkearning to drive the heavy machinery, i fell that conestoga paved the way for me to enjoy other warehouse like jobs and excel with other companies.

Pros

optional overtime

Cons

afternoon hours

Amazing company

So many areas of the business that you were able to learn. Fellow employees and management were fantastic to work with and for.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Being laidoff

Great Managaement and workplace

Very fast paced busy environment which I enjoy and thrive in. Great management and place to work. I have learned a lot from every department I have worked with and reported to. My main job was to ensure operations ran smoothly.

Pros

Because of fast pace work days go quickly

Cons

Long Commute since I moved

Fast paced and routine

daily schedules outlines made a positive experience possible , Every day was changeling and fast paced.

Pros

great discounts and samples

Cons

long hours and drive

a great place to work at

its fast paced, management were good, workers were helpful, didn't find the work hard there, liked doing orders on my own and not being pushed to to go fastermanagement would provide a free lunch to all workers every month

Pros

free lunch and friendly co workers

Cons

had to wait for my machine when others worked late

Cold Storage

You really have to be comfortable working in sub-zero temperatures for long periods of time with little rest. Great employee's, helpful managers and clear sense of direction and purpose in the work place. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the equipment and being efficient in the workplace.

Pros

free coffee machine, several breaks.

Cons

long hours of high activity, tiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conestoga Cold Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2Job security/advancement