Conestoga Cold Storage

Conestoga Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Its like having an extended family
I just completed my 13th year with conestoga cold storage. When u have been at a work place that long it's like having an extended family. There have been good times and good times...
Productive & Fun Workplace
Great learning experience at Conestoga. Fast paced work environment. The management is very helpful and accommodative. Workplace culture is positive and productive.
great people to work for
i liked working here because of great pay and good hours. I liked working the evening shift and being able to work in the cold. I also like the Christmas perks.
order picker
Start each day by selecting a machine, work huddle and then receive work orders. orders are done in pairs/teams to complete for designated loading door. after each completed order, report to supervisor and receive new instructions. Instructions could be from picking, loading, replenish inventory and putting away inventory.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
extremely cold
Great Company
Great company to work for, owners and upper management were great! They take good care of their employees, lots of benefits and opportunity. Would recommend this company
Pros
Great Company
great trucks to drive
great place to work great people to work for still would be there if they never lost m&m contract really enjoyed working for them all the people were great to work with
great place to work
I worked here for 10 years is a great place to work only reason I'm not there to this day is I relocated to Ottawa for my wife's job. I have nothing but good to say about the employees and management.
Work environment
Very good work environment and everyone was very friendly i learned a lot about warehouse work and how to drive heavy machinery. The foremen and the supervisors were very helpful with anything i needed on the job. Overall a very good job to work at.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Conestoga Cold Storage?
Room to grow, good environment, busy workplace cold inside rotating shifts overtime available, Good place to work lots of traffic in and out of facility
Environnement productif et agréable
Bonne entreprise axée sur les performances personnelle.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
Manque d'employé
Order Assembler
I thought that this facility was high ranked in management, but I noticed that with me having warehouse experience in my past that I was authorized by a couple foremen to operate all the machinery, yet so many co-workers were upset at seeing me operate other machinery that they haven't touched since they started as frustration got built in the facility as I was just wanting to complete my work accurately and safely and on time.
The trainer never ended up certifying me on the internal certification which left me concerned as MANY employees just operate another machine on their own free will. No training given, except on the jiggers & Raymond Reach.
Pros
Its a busy business
Cons
Hours & communication between management
not recommended
owners pride themselves for being a trustworthy family company and promise things to lure you in except, 6 months down the road you'll realize they never had any intention to keep their word.
Pros
turkey for christmas :))
Cons
owners are liars
whats to say
Place is a nightmare push push push .... faster faster faster..
God help you if there any family or health issues.

Nothing is as important as getting the job done regardless of how long it takes or if there are any pressing issues of your own.

No communication or understanding if a mistake is made
Cons
long tedious hours cramped work spaces and poor attitudes by co workers
productive, organized workplace with a great atmosphere.
Conestoga Cold Storage is a well organized facility that appooints tasks at the beginning of the shift that are to be carried out by the end of the shift. I learned valuable skills in the shipping and receiving industry, how to work forklifts, reach trucks, battery powered walkees and truck loaders. I also learned how to stack skids in order from their first stop to their last. The management at conestoga was very friendly and helpful, never bothered to lend a hand or suggestion. Co- workers were very much the same as well as light hearted and friendly. The hardest part of my job was giving up the summer days to work afternoons, but the job itself wasnt tough, very straight forward. I really enjoyed getting to know other students at conestoga and lkearning to drive the heavy machinery, i fell that conestoga paved the way for me to enjoy other warehouse like jobs and excel with other companies.
Pros
optional overtime
Cons
afternoon hours
Amazing company
So many areas of the business that you were able to learn. Fellow employees and management were fantastic to work with and for.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Being laidoff
Great Managaement and workplace
Very fast paced busy environment which I enjoy and thrive in. Great management and place to work. I have learned a lot from every department I have worked with and reported to. My main job was to ensure operations ran smoothly.
Pros
Because of fast pace work days go quickly
Cons
Long Commute since I moved
Fast paced and routine
daily schedules outlines made a positive experience possible , Every day was changeling and fast paced.
Pros
great discounts and samples
Cons
long hours and drive
a great place to work at
its fast paced, management were good, workers were helpful, didn't find the work hard there, liked doing orders on my own and not being pushed to to go faster
management would provide a free lunch to all workers every month
Pros
free lunch and friendly co workers
Cons
had to wait for my machine when others worked late
Cold Storage
You really have to be comfortable working in sub-zero temperatures for long periods of time with little rest. Great employee's, helpful managers and clear sense of direction and purpose in the work place. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the equipment and being efficient in the workplace.
Pros
free coffee machine, several breaks.
Cons
long hours of high activity, tiring.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conestoga Cold Storage. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2