CONDOR SECURITY

CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews

They are having really good sites. They provide good facilities. Management and other staff is really nice. They always help their guards. The only concern is the low pay.
Pros
Nice work place with good facilities
Cons
really low pay
The management of this company is very poor and they are not capable of managing their team. Never tries to cooperate with their employees and usually are short staffed. They can't find replacement for days to cover for someone else.
The organization is still learning and growing at good pace by following high standards while competing with bigger agencies in Ontario . Management is not bad[as some people say], they listen to you and process your requests accordingly and results are favorable. If you do good job, the management's job will also look good to you[stop complaining]. The only problem I had was hike in my pay rate. They increased it once but only by a dollar. I deserved more! The position I worked as gave me good reputation and helped me in enhancing my skills. Most of the times the work is routine but you can expect hectic situations at times. The property management on site were always impressed with my work. Overall, the company is really good, they have good working sites and opportunities but don't expect more than industry wide salaries.I can work for them again if they are willing to pay as I desire.
It is very nice place to work and I learnt a lot as working with this company. I recommended my friends to work with this company. The work culture is free from stress and the management is very friendly.
-Management is highly unprofessional. -They installed cameras explaining that it is for the safety of the guard/concierge but the real reason is that they do not trust you (You keep getting calls from the management accusing of using social media etc.) -Even if you request for a 2 weeks notices, it can be denied. -Make any mistake, the company would throw you under a bus. -If are any new policies introduced, you do not have any choice but to sign the papers as you have no choice but to sign them as you are forced by the company. -Payment has always some sort of discrepancy. (I would recommend for people who want to be a security or a concierge to apply for companies like Forest Hill Group / G4S etc.)
Title explains all, very friendly co-workers and supervisors. The people you engage in your site are very helpful and caring. All good things end here, the worst possible management, lying distrustful and shady.
Guranteed hours. Majority of Property managers are really nice. Management is easy to approach if your have any issues despite them being extremely busy
overall, it was good experience. It helps me to maintain good communication skill. it also help me how to work in pressure environment.Very nice team members, good site, good supervisor nice environment
This company completely ignored the Ontario Employment Standards Act in many ways. Such as, billing employees for "required" training, "fining" employees for being late or absent. These charges would come off your pay, but be listed as a deduction other that the real reason. This means that they knew that what they were doing was illegal. They would also tell you to show up at head office (way up in the north end of Toronto), and not pay you for it. They also did not pay for mandatory meetings. I really can not think of any thing good to say about working there. We were slaves, and paying the company for allowing us to work there. Don't even bother applying to work there. There are better security companies.
 Provide security, safety and excellent customer service to all our residents and everyone you interact with.  Answers questions; gives directions and instructions; and handle all security and emergency incidents  Helps residents establish accounts and schedules access for authorized vendors to provide services within units  Provides services requested by making arrangements and bookings for condominium amenities, elevators and parking permits.
I've worked with this company for 2 years as a security gaurd, was a great pace wheni first started but then managment changed and it became a horrible place to work. Atrocious managment, they do not stand behind their workers. Actually, they would throw their own employees under the bus when it came to making their clients happy even if the worker worked hard and was loyal.
great if you want to make minimal pay, have opportunities for advancement, take them then have clients be able to just remove you because you did not do something that was not in your job description that they wanted you to do because it was there job. dont worry youll be let go as a supervisor to loose your $1 an hour supervisor premium then be told eventually they have no hours for you
Pros
Cons
many
When I start to work, company was new and has no experience in Canada. Management - "one man show" - whatever owner want, he can do with for his stuff, to change your site, whenever they want, without your agreement, each 3 months. Anyhow, it is not good place for work
Pros
Cons
Indifference
Management thinking only about himself and how to earn more money using your time and efforts... very quickly changes stuff, don't care what is going with you, for them main important thing is to cover open positions today, tomorrow they will find other people whom they like.....
Pros
they don't think about it ...
Cons
not stable company
If you work hard, you will be rewarded. Management is tough but very fair and knows good talent when they see it. You have lots of support and they will make you grow if thats what you want.
9 January 2019
Your comments are much appreciated! We're always looking to open doors of opportunity and push people forward, if and only if, it's what they're looking for. Security is a broad and deep field, with so much to learn and gain.
Being at Condor Security Inc. i am experiencing a lot of situations making me proficient in handling those situations with ease. Great management and experience to work with them as a part of team.
Pros
Good management and leadership
9 January 2019
Thank you very much for the feedback! We're happy you're enjoying your experience and taking the most out of your time with us. Being able to resolve situations with pressure & stress does become easier as a result of working in security, and translates into other areas of your life.
Pretty decent place to work. I was doing security at a condominium so it was a pretty boring job. I would finish all my tasks early so im pretty much idling or making conversation and getting to know the people that live there.
9 January 2019
We'd appreciate if you'd contact us and share your thoughts on how we can make your work more interesting! Sometimes the nature of the work is preparing for situations to happen, but nothing actually happens... you always need to be ready to handle a flood, fire, noise complaint, medical emergency, domestic disturbance, to patrol and check the building, etc. etc. Thanks for sharing!
Condor has awesome managers. great sites, competitive wages, cool uniforms, amazing teammates cool hr department, and superb training for new and old employees alike
9 January 2019
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're happy you think the uniforms are cool - we think so too! Keep up the great work!
I went to this job right after working for another company that treated staff very poorly. Working here was like night and day. The staff I dealt with was very nice, I got trained, and I got paid much more. I know it's security, so it doesn't pay well, but it's better than some other companies, so I rate it good
Pros
Nice staff and supervisors
Cons
Security is so boring
9 January 2019
We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you like our "style"! Although we endeavour to be disciplined and professional, we care about our team very much.
Good Management, efficient recruitment process, small company, more bonded. Don't give raises to employees on a regular basis. I think don't evaluate really performance.
Pros
Comprehensive Medical benefit for Permanent employees
Cons
Charges for dresses
Opportunity to work at many sites. Excellent training programs like 'verbal judo' and 'tactical awareness' focus on customer care personality traits. Positive management and healthy workplace culture. Learning is fun.
Pros
Accommodation at all levels.
Cons
Highly disciplined.
9 January 2019
Thank you for the great feedback on your experience, particularly the training! Continuous professional development and a never-ending drive to improve is at our very core. We wish you the best in the future!
  1. Employee reviews