CONDOR SECURITY logo
CONDOR SECURITY

CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews for Security Guard in Toronto, ON

Work-life balance

Good Place for work

They are having really good sites. They provide good facilities. Management and other staff is really nice. They always help their guards. The only concern is the low pay.

Pros

Nice work place with good facilities

Cons

really low pay

Great Work Experience

i am working in condor security from more than three months, in this period i have learnt many things and management is very supportive all the condor staff is very professional.

Pros

cooperative team, relaxation

Cons

no cons

Worst security company in Canada

Terrible company to work for not understanding about unforseen circumstances to miss work they give a warning letter despite a vaild excuse to miss work on short notice no pay raises in 7 years I have been with the company terrible working conditions they treat workers with disrespect they don't care about anybody or anything besides their business and will not let anyone stand in the way of their business unreasonable supervisors not understanding highly do not recommend this company to work for any other security company in Ontario or Canada is better they force you to pay for uniforms and accuse you of doing things you are not responsible for and sometimes charge you money off your paycheque which is not okay. Please do not apply to this company you would be making a big mistake they are a heartless company.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Terrible management and terrible owner

Not Good

Stay away from Condor at all cost. You can work for years and not get any pay increase. I have met many who are getting paid minimum wage and not a penny more. Low wages normally given to new comers and international students which is unfair and not right. Equal pay should be given for equal work which is not evident.They stick a camera at the desk and in your face as if you needed to be monitored 24/7 because we are somehow incompetent or cannot be trusted. I was told the camera records audio which is very creepy and weird.

Pros

Cons

Toxic work environment- Minimum Wage

Good opportunities for Growth

Have been working with them for a couple of months and worked with some other security companies. So far been my best experience and happy with they way they run their operation and treat their staff. if your looking for a challenging work environment to grow, then you found the right place with condor

Good team-mates, nice supervisors WORST Management ever.

Title explains all, very friendly co-workers and supervisors. The people you engage in your site are very helpful and caring. All good things end here, the worst possible management, lying distrustful and shady.

Instead of Putting People In Jail, Make Them Work Here

This company completely ignored the Ontario Employment Standards Act in many ways. Such as, billing employees for "required" training, "fining" employees for being late or absent. These charges would come off your pay, but be listed as a deduction other that the real reason. This means that they knew that what they were doing was illegal. They would also tell you to show up at head office (way up in the north end of Toronto), and not pay you for it. They also did not pay for mandatory meetings. I really can not think of any thing good to say about working there. We were slaves, and paying the company for allowing us to work there. Don't even bother applying to work there. There are better security companies.

minimum pay advance to get no hours

great if you want to make minimal pay, have opportunities for advancement, take them then have clients be able to just remove you because you did not do something that was not in your job description that they wanted you to do because it was there job. dont worry youll be let go as a supervisor to loose your $1 an hour supervisor premium then be told eventually they have no hours for you

Pros

Cons

many

I have not good experience with this company

When I start to work, company was new and has no experience in Canada. Management - "one man show" - whatever owner want, he can do with for his stuff, to change your site, whenever they want, without your agreement, each 3 months. Anyhow, it is not good place for work

Pros

Cons

Indifference

Very Accomodating

I went to this job right after working for another company that treated staff very poorly. Working here was like night and day. The staff I dealt with was very nice, I got trained, and I got paid much more. I know it's security, so it doesn't pay well, but it's better than some other companies, so I rate it good

Pros

Nice staff and supervisors

Cons

Security is so boring

9 January 2019
We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you like our "style"! Although we endeavour to be disciplined and professional, we care about our team very much.

Jobs at CONDOR SECURITY

Security Guard positions, in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Nice place to work

Nice place to work, helped me as a student when i needed extra hours for work, nice sites and corp-orating supervisor especially Amarpreet and Raza, enjoyed.

9 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback, glad we helped you on your educational journey! Best of luck in the future!

Not a Good Experience

Get ready to feel disrespected, and expandable by this employer. Nobody will have your back when you get in to trouble and hire ups will not listen to your side of the story. This company is all smoke and mirrors.

Pros

Paid Lunch

Cons

No support

Trash!!!

First of all, they have positions posted on their site in areas that would be close to home but when asked if they have spots to work there, they say no there isn't any positions there.. then why is it posted?? They are unorganized and are quick to preach professionalism. They're management is slack. The same guy that hires you, does your scheduling, training and performance review.... this is the 20th century.. GET A RECEPTIONIST!! They are manipulative... tell you all kind of jazz to make you work. You could be dying and they say you have to go in. Every new person, is a bench player whether you're full time or part time. And the pay is garbage. I spent more money on bus fair than on my last cheque.

Pros

Paid lunch/break

Cons

Unorganized!! And all of the above

nice place to work

i have worked with condor security inc. with nice team of coworkers and always learned new things which is worth. flexible hours of work with always new places with different tasks.

Pros

free training

Cons

A good company to work for.

A good company to work for, stable, clear assignments, good and regular training program, I would not leave if I had not to go back to China. If my family did relocate in Toronto, I would have been working for it now.

Pros

benefits, including teeth.

Cons

long hours; overnight shifts

7 August 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your positive experience in Condor. If your family situation changes and you find yourself back in Toronto, you're more than welcome to rejoin our Team! Best of Luck!

Nice clean environment.

Typical day at work is good, the building is nice, people here are nice with me. Not a lot of problems arrive on my shift. Always learning something new. Working alone is nice but I do like working with others. The most difficult part of the job would be dealing with big out of control party's.

Pros

Working in a nice building, with air conditioning

Cons

Calling when every they want, even on your down time.

Awful scheduling and management of the company

Although they like advertise about all the training they have available, it almost isn't worth suffering through all their other inconsistencies. They are very last minute in regards to informing their employees of schedule changes. Very lazy when it comes to completing tasks for their employees, such as providing equipment, accommodating schedule requests (days off, change of schedule etc.) They claim that they require their employees to show initiative but fail to show that same initiative themselves. Low pay rate compared to other security companies. Supervisors have a very militaristic style. Very manipulative in the way they try and convince employees to work extra hours or cover shifts. I personally would not recommend this company to any who is looking for a job in the security field.

A good start for people who have no experience in the security feild

The company has a good foundation of security training courses. You learn how to conduct proper patrols and what to look for while patrolling.

Pros

Good for inexperienced guards

Cons

low starting wages

About the company

Dont waste you time, unless you are interested about training.

Pros

Training

Cons

You start from 10.25

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONDOR SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement