CONDOR SECURITY

CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews for Security Guard

They are having really good sites. They provide good facilities. Management and other staff is really nice. They always help their guards. The only concern is the low pay.
Pros
Nice work place with good facilities
Cons
really low pay
I have been working at Condor for 6 months. The Apartment block I work in is beautiful, the residents friendly and my co-workers professional, hard working and knowledgable. The management have always been very fair to me. Training is both online and in-house and is always available. Up to now I have very very impressed with Condor Security and would highly recommend them.
Pros
paid breaks, friendly co-workers, understanding management
Cons
none so far
Terrible company to work for not understanding about unforseen circumstances to miss work they give a warning letter despite a vaild excuse to miss work on short notice no pay raises in 7 years I have been with the company terrible working conditions they treat workers with disrespect they don't care about anybody or anything besides their business and will not let anyone stand in the way of their business unreasonable supervisors not understanding highly do not recommend this company to work for any other security company in Ontario or Canada is better they force you to pay for uniforms and accuse you of doing things you are not responsible for and sometimes charge you money off your paycheque which is not okay. Please do not apply to this company you would be making a big mistake they are a heartless company.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Terrible management and terrible owner
I have been associated with Condor Security from last one year and it has provided me an excellent opportunity to grow in Security Industry. Management has been exceptionally great in providing you an opportunity to grow professionally. The continuous training programs designed by Condor makes sure that you have all the advanced skills required to be a great security professional. The MPS and Site supervisors make sure that you have all the practical knowledge of the work that you are doing. This is an excellent company to have a great career in Security Industry.
I am pleased with the performance of the condor security since the day i have been a part of this Company. The office staff is really appreciating. The condor management responds quickly to my questions and needs. I would definitely recommend condor security to everyone who are seeking the great opportunities.
Stay away from Condor at all cost. You can work for years and not get any pay increase. I have met many who are getting paid minimum wage and not a penny more. Low wages normally given to new comers and international students which is unfair and not right. Equal pay should be given for equal work which is not evident.They stick a camera at the desk and in your face as if you needed to be monitored 24/7 because we are somehow incompetent or cannot be trusted. I was told the camera records audio which is very creepy and weird.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment- Minimum Wage
Condor Security Inc. is an epitome of "Service Above Self". As a Condor employee, i consider myself privileged to be a part of such a dynamic and evolving team. The dedication and support that is exhibited by management each day to both internal and external customers is second to none. This gives me an opportunity as an individual to continuously work hard, to maintain the company's exclusive standards. The conducive working atmosphere that is provided by the Condor management team, the on going training programs administered to staff and the various site visits by the Mobile Patrol Supervisors Team are some of the myriad ways that Condor demonstrates the high level of interest that they have in each employee and their way of showing us that we are never alone. The choice to work for Condor Security Inc. has been one of my best decisions yet. I look forward to great things with Condor.
Pros
Excellent training programs
Cons
Have been working with them for a couple of months and worked with some other security companies. So far been my best experience and happy with they way they run their operation and treat their staff. if your looking for a challenging work environment to grow, then you found the right place with condor
They put a heavy emphasis on their training programs. For anyone looking to take their role in security seriously, the training they provide helps a lot. They go out of their way to let you know when they've got a training program coming up and they encourage and motivate you to take part. They can be fairly aggressive about getting you to do things at times, they don't like taking no for an answer. That would be my only really negative critique for them.
Title explains all, very friendly co-workers and supervisors. The people you engage in your site are very helpful and caring. All good things end here, the worst possible management, lying distrustful and shady.
This company completely ignored the Ontario Employment Standards Act in many ways. Such as, billing employees for "required" training, "fining" employees for being late or absent. These charges would come off your pay, but be listed as a deduction other that the real reason. This means that they knew that what they were doing was illegal. They would also tell you to show up at head office (way up in the north end of Toronto), and not pay you for it. They also did not pay for mandatory meetings. I really can not think of any thing good to say about working there. We were slaves, and paying the company for allowing us to work there. Don't even bother applying to work there. There are better security companies.
I've worked with this company for 2 years as a security gaurd, was a great pace wheni first started but then managment changed and it became a horrible place to work. Atrocious managment, they do not stand behind their workers. Actually, they would throw their own employees under the bus when it came to making their clients happy even if the worker worked hard and was loyal.
great if you want to make minimal pay, have opportunities for advancement, take them then have clients be able to just remove you because you did not do something that was not in your job description that they wanted you to do because it was there job. dont worry youll be let go as a supervisor to loose your $1 an hour supervisor premium then be told eventually they have no hours for you
Pros
Cons
many
When I start to work, company was new and has no experience in Canada. Management - "one man show" - whatever owner want, he can do with for his stuff, to change your site, whenever they want, without your agreement, each 3 months. Anyhow, it is not good place for work
Pros
Cons
Indifference
I went to this job right after working for another company that treated staff very poorly. Working here was like night and day. The staff I dealt with was very nice, I got trained, and I got paid much more. I know it's security, so it doesn't pay well, but it's better than some other companies, so I rate it good
Pros
Nice staff and supervisors
Cons
Security is so boring
Official response from CONDOR SECURITY
9 January 2019
We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you like our "style"! Although we endeavour to be disciplined and professional, we care about our team very much.
Nice place to work, helped me as a student when i needed extra hours for work, nice sites and corp-orating supervisor especially Amarpreet and Raza, enjoyed.
Official response from CONDOR SECURITY
9 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback, glad we helped you on your educational journey! Best of luck in the future!
Get ready to feel disrespected, and expandable by this employer. Nobody will have your back when you get in to trouble and hire ups will not listen to your side of the story. This company is all smoke and mirrors.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
No support
I am providing the professional security services. I am committed to maintain and improve the effectiveness of my quality customer service and emergency responds. I dedicate my work towards the delivery of various efficient, discreet and reliable security service to meet the needs of the customers including protection of people and properties.
Condor is run by emotionally manipulative blowhards who feign a professional front, while possessing poor organization overall. Pay is very low, and raises are insigificant for the amount of work done. Payment is also consistently late. Uniforms are to be paid for, and cost upwards of 170$. Admittedly, the management at condor will give you guidance and training when needed. They know their stuff. It is a great place to learn, if nothing else.
Pros
Good learning enviroment, fair hours
Cons
Poor pay, unorganized, manipulative, dishonest
They are a decent company, with low pay. Good to start off at. Most of the sites are very boring. With little to do. They have good courses, with decent management.
First of all, they have positions posted on their site in areas that would be close to home but when asked if they have spots to work there, they say no there isn't any positions there.. then why is it posted?? They are unorganized and are quick to preach professionalism. They're management is slack. The same guy that hires you, does your scheduling, training and performance review.... this is the 20th century.. GET A RECEPTIONIST!! They are manipulative... tell you all kind of jazz to make you work. You could be dying and they say you have to go in. Every new person, is a bench player whether you're full time or part time. And the pay is garbage. I spent more money on bus fair than on my last cheque.
Pros
Paid lunch/break
Cons
Unorganized!! And all of the above