CONDOR SECURITY

CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews for Concierge

It is very nice place to work and I learnt a lot as working with this company. I recommended my friends to work with this company. The work culture is free from stress and the management is very friendly.
it is an excellent company to work for. they take care of the employees. i even got a job near my place. Timings suit me as well. They provide excellent training and make sure you are ready for the show. so when i was on my site i was aware of my role and duties. i thank the training manager for that. excellent work. even when you go and visit them in office , they treat you well and listen. That all makes them an excellent company to work for, I will highly recommend.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
i wish there was something to tell
I worked with Condor security for around 2.5 year as a front desk concierge. My experience with the company was very good and professional. I would recommend to work with this company.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Very small notice shifts
I have been working with Condor fro 6 months. The managment is well organized and supportive. They are understanding and also professional. Everything is perfect.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Great work ethics, Professional approach
Cons
Condor security is one of the best companies of Canada. I found myself very lucky to be a part of this company because it helped me in improving my communication skills and decision-making skills. It provides hands-on experience to its employees by providing various training programs. The staff is very supportive and caring. They always motivate their employees. Being a concierge in such a dynamic and evolving company gives me an opportunity to polish my communication skills. I would like to thanks Condor for growing me professionally.
Your hardwork is quickly recognized, appreciated and rewarded. You are given ample opportunity to improve your skills and professional development with well designed in-house courses. However, you may want to look elsewhere if you are the lazy one.
Condor is an amazing company to work for, they make their employees feel appreciated and valued! I would definitely recommend others to apply there if you want to be apart of a great team!
The management of this company is very poor and they are not capable of managing their team. Never tries to cooperate with their employees and usually are short staffed. They can't find replacement for days to cover for someone else.
-Management is highly unprofessional. -They installed cameras explaining that it is for the safety of the guard/concierge but the real reason is that they do not trust you (You keep getting calls from the management accusing of using social media etc.) -Even if you request for a 2 weeks notices, it can be denied. -Make any mistake, the company would throw you under a bus. -If are any new policies introduced, you do not have any choice but to sign the papers as you have no choice but to sign them as you are forced by the company. -Payment has always some sort of discrepancy. (I would recommend for people who want to be a security or a concierge to apply for companies like Forest Hill Group / G4S etc.)
Guranteed hours. Majority of Property managers are really nice. Management is easy to approach if your have any issues despite them being extremely busy
overall, it was good experience. It helps me to maintain good communication skill. it also help me how to work in pressure environment.Very nice team members, good site, good supervisor nice environment
Management thinking only about himself and how to earn more money using your time and efforts... very quickly changes stuff, don't care what is going with you, for them main important thing is to cover open positions today, tomorrow they will find other people whom they like.....
Pros
they don't think about it ...
Cons
not stable company
Pretty decent place to work. I was doing security at a condominium so it was a pretty boring job. I would finish all my tasks early so im pretty much idling or making conversation and getting to know the people that live there.
9 January 2019
We'd appreciate if you'd contact us and share your thoughts on how we can make your work more interesting! Sometimes the nature of the work is preparing for situations to happen, but nothing actually happens... you always need to be ready to handle a flood, fire, noise complaint, medical emergency, domestic disturbance, to patrol and check the building, etc. etc. Thanks for sharing!
Condor has awesome managers. great sites, competitive wages, cool uniforms, amazing teammates cool hr department, and superb training for new and old employees alike
9 January 2019
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're happy you think the uniforms are cool - we think so too! Keep up the great work!
Good Management, efficient recruitment process, small company, more bonded. Don't give raises to employees on a regular basis. I think don't evaluate really performance.
Pros
Comprehensive Medical benefit for Permanent employees
Cons
Charges for dresses
* they never reply of email on time * have to send many reminder for a simple mail * always ask to work extra( many times happend with me) * difficult to get change in schedule * have to plan 2 weeks before if you wanna get a day off. which is not possible in all the cases. * wont get off in any chance if not planned 2 weeks before
9 January 2019
It's unfortunate that our expectations didn't match, we do generally require 2 weeks notice for time off, yes, and the nature of the security field is such that when staff call in sick, or clients request guards on very short notice, etc. etc. that there are immediate work requirements, and people working in the security field should be ready to work "extra shifts." As for schedule changes, we do think we're quite flexible, as evidenced by the number of students working with us and family-oriented individuals that divide their schedules with their spouse / childcare requirements etc.We hope you'll find a work environment in which you succeed 100%!
As the inaugural concierge, I had to start off to implement all the procedures and requirements in the condo and ensure adherence by various shifts. I had to stipulate all the management expectations in pass on books and review their efficiency and rectify any deviations. Management give me full support and I have put down all my experience in the computer desk top for any followers to read.
Pros
Exposures to various applications
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
Same as every security company and treats you like just another tool. I personally felt sorry for most of the security guards here as they didn't know much of the security field but as I have had previous experience I know what is expected and what is not. The co-workers were friendly and down to earth but the management and supervisors were rude and thought they were better than everyone because they had authority and always tried to take control when it is us security guards who are responsible for the safety of the site and know what is best.
being a security guard teaches you a lot. it enhances your tactic and awareness skills as well as improves your knowledge and understanding. it taught me how to work In an environment where you are required to handle everything maturely and independently. That is one of the most important skills to obtain, not being able to have to rely on anyone for your success in the field. I have found out what i am capable of achieving, how hard i can push myself and how to motivate my self
Pros
receive many hours
Cons
commute
Company: "If it looks too good to be true, it's probably not." Condor Security looks good from the out side soley because they advertise the ISO9001 and their multiple training courses. However... This company does not care about their employers: they will force you (literally) to work a 8 hour+ shift, 2-3 hours away with a 1 hour notice when you are scheduled for a day off. If you refuse, they will tell you that you are not showing "initiative" or state that you are not "professional." A majority of the time your pay is 3 days late. You wont be acknowledge for Post Secondary Education in Law Enforcement. This Company is only good if you do not care about Work/ Life balance and health for minimum wage... as for the Concierge job: amazing experience and great atmosphere, but it's more customer service than security.
Pros
Level 1 and 2 Training, Fire panel training, Work Environment, Supervisory Guards
Cons
Long hours, poor/ cheap management
Dont like this company at all. They really dont respect their employ's.