CONDOR SECURITY

CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

They are having really good sites. They provide good facilities. Management and other staff is really nice. They always help their guards. The only concern is the low pay.
Pros
Nice work place with good facilities
Cons
really low pay
Being at Condor Security Inc. i am experiencing a lot of situations making me proficient in handling those situations with ease. Great management and experience to work with them as a part of team.
Pros
Good management and leadership
9 January 2019
Thank you very much for the feedback! We're happy you're enjoying your experience and taking the most out of your time with us. Being able to resolve situations with pressure & stress does become easier as a result of working in security, and translates into other areas of your life.
I went to this job right after working for another company that treated staff very poorly. Working here was like night and day. The staff I dealt with was very nice, I got trained, and I got paid much more. I know it's security, so it doesn't pay well, but it's better than some other companies, so I rate it good
Pros
Nice staff and supervisors
Cons
Security is so boring
9 January 2019
We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you like our "style"! Although we endeavour to be disciplined and professional, we care about our team very much.
Good Management, efficient recruitment process, small company, more bonded. Don't give raises to employees on a regular basis. I think don't evaluate really performance.
Pros
Comprehensive Medical benefit for Permanent employees
Cons
Charges for dresses
Opportunity to work at many sites. Excellent training programs like 'verbal judo' and 'tactical awareness' focus on customer care personality traits. Positive management and healthy workplace culture. Learning is fun.
Pros
Accommodation at all levels.
Cons
Highly disciplined.
9 January 2019
Thank you for the great feedback on your experience, particularly the training! Continuous professional development and a never-ending drive to improve is at our very core. We wish you the best in the future!
No matter how bad it seems in the starting, it is a super good job if you work hard to give your 100% while working. The company will reward our efforts.
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Bad starting salery
9 January 2019
Thank you for your comments! Glad to see that you left the company as a Level 3 Supervisor! You took advantage of the training curriculum and the opportunities available and left more qualified than you started. Congrats and good luck in the future!
Nice place to work, helped me as a student when i needed extra hours for work, nice sites and corp-orating supervisor especially Amarpreet and Raza, enjoyed.
9 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback, glad we helped you on your educational journey! Best of luck in the future!
I have been working for Condor for the last 2 years and I really find them fair and decent. They push you for training and also offer incentives to grow and take more responsibility. Overall a good company.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunch, skills development, training
Cons
Ask you to work overtime
9 January 2019
Thank you for sharing your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your experience with Condor! Responsibility is a good thing, we always strive to push ourselves forward and do more things worth doing!
Get ready to feel disrespected, and expandable by this employer. Nobody will have your back when you get in to trouble and hire ups will not listen to your side of the story. This company is all smoke and mirrors.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
No support
First of all, they have positions posted on their site in areas that would be close to home but when asked if they have spots to work there, they say no there isn't any positions there.. then why is it posted?? They are unorganized and are quick to preach professionalism. They're management is slack. The same guy that hires you, does your scheduling, training and performance review.... this is the 20th century.. GET A RECEPTIONIST!! They are manipulative... tell you all kind of jazz to make you work. You could be dying and they say you have to go in. Every new person, is a bench player whether you're full time or part time. And the pay is garbage. I spent more money on bus fair than on my last cheque.
Pros
Paid lunch/break
Cons
Unorganized!! And all of the above
i have worked with condor security inc. with nice team of coworkers and always learned new things which is worth. flexible hours of work with always new places with different tasks.
Pros
free training
Cons
being a security guard teaches you a lot. it enhances your tactic and awareness skills as well as improves your knowledge and understanding. it taught me how to work In an environment where you are required to handle everything maturely and independently. That is one of the most important skills to obtain, not being able to have to rely on anyone for your success in the field. I have found out what i am capable of achieving, how hard i can push myself and how to motivate my self
Pros
receive many hours
Cons
commute
A good company to work for, stable, clear assignments, good and regular training program, I would not leave if I had not to go back to China. If my family did relocate in Toronto, I would have been working for it now.
Pros
benefits, including teeth.
Cons
long hours; overnight shifts
7 August 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your positive experience in Condor. If your family situation changes and you find yourself back in Toronto, you're more than welcome to rejoin our Team! Best of Luck!
Good things are paid breaks, good hours, nice supervisers, and training. most sites are apartments with nice people. nothing to do at work, just sit and customer service. nothing dangerous or no action. Bad things are starting very low pay and little to no pay increases, shift work long, last minute demands to cover shifts, irresponsible unreilable employees who never show up for work, little care for employees well being, very deceiving management who give empty words of encoruagement and false promises.
Pros
Friendy supervisers
Cons
deceiving management
Typical day at work is good, the building is nice, people here are nice with me. Not a lot of problems arrive on my shift. Always learning something new. Working alone is nice but I do like working with others. The most difficult part of the job would be dealing with big out of control party's.
Pros
Working in a nice building, with air conditioning
Cons
Calling when every they want, even on your down time.
Company: "If it looks too good to be true, it's probably not." Condor Security looks good from the out side soley because they advertise the ISO9001 and their multiple training courses. However... This company does not care about their employers: they will force you (literally) to work a 8 hour+ shift, 2-3 hours away with a 1 hour notice when you are scheduled for a day off. If you refuse, they will tell you that you are not showing "initiative" or state that you are not "professional." A majority of the time your pay is 3 days late. You wont be acknowledge for Post Secondary Education in Law Enforcement. This Company is only good if you do not care about Work/ Life balance and health for minimum wage... as for the Concierge job: amazing experience and great atmosphere, but it's more customer service than security.
Pros
Level 1 and 2 Training, Fire panel training, Work Environment, Supervisory Guards
Cons
Long hours, poor/ cheap management
Although they like advertise about all the training they have available, it almost isn't worth suffering through all their other inconsistencies. They are very last minute in regards to informing their employees of schedule changes. Very lazy when it comes to completing tasks for their employees, such as providing equipment, accommodating schedule requests (days off, change of schedule etc.) They claim that they require their employees to show initiative but fail to show that same initiative themselves. Low pay rate compared to other security companies. Supervisors have a very militaristic style. Very manipulative in the way they try and convince employees to work extra hours or cover shifts. I personally would not recommend this company to any who is looking for a job in the security field.
The company has a good foundation of security training courses. You learn how to conduct proper patrols and what to look for while patrolling.
Pros
Good for inexperienced guards
Cons
low starting wages
Dont waste you time, unless you are interested about training.
Pros
Training
Cons
You start from 10.25
Dont like this company at all. They really dont respect their employ's.
Cons
If you like being jerked around, then by all means apply for this company.