CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews

Best Security Environment
Level 3 -Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
No matter how bad it seems in the starting, it is a super good job if you work hard to give your 100% while working. The company will reward our efforts.
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Bad starting salery
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
Nice place to work, helped me as a student when i needed extra hours for work, nice sites and corp-orating supervisor especially Amarpreet and Raza, enjoyed.
Happy to work for Condor
Cincierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
I have been working for Condor for the last 2 years and I really find them fair and decent. They push you for training and also offer incentives to grow and take more responsibility. Overall a good company.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunch, skills development, training
Cons
Ask you to work overtime
Not a Good Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Get ready to feel disrespected, and expandable by this employer.

Nobody will have your back when you get in to trouble and hire ups will not listen to your side of the story.

This company is all smoke and mirrors.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
No support
security company positioned to serve and protect
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON25 July 2017
I am providing the professional security services. I am committed to maintain and improve the effectiveness of my quality customer service and emergency responds.
I dedicate my work towards the delivery of various efficient, discreet and reliable security service to meet the needs of the customers including protection of people and properties.
Manipulative, dishonest, and unprofessional.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  7890 bathurst26 June 2017
Condor is run by emotionally manipulative blowhards who feign a professional front, while possessing poor organization overall.

Pay is very low, and raises are insigificant for the amount of work done. Payment is also consistently late. Uniforms are to be paid for, and cost upwards of 170$.

Admittedly, the management at condor will give you guidance and training when needed. They know their stuff. It is a great place to learn, if nothing else.
Pros
Good learning enviroment, fair hours
Cons
Poor pay, unorganized, manipulative, dishonest
Productive and fun place to work at!
Security assitant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 May 2017
Typical day at work is 7h a day 9 am to 4 pm and very nice and prductive most of the time
i have learned time management, as we require things to be done at a certain time
Work culture is great, everyone says good morining all mornings
hardest part is when mnay clients call in and we have last min suff to do
Best part is working with awesome people
This company provides me with the opportunity to get familiarized with different management applications and system
Morning Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 May 2017
As the inaugural concierge, I had to start off to implement all the procedures and requirements in the condo and ensure adherence by various shifts. I had to stipulate all the management expectations in pass on books and review their efficiency and rectify any deviations. Management give me full support and I have put down all my experience in the computer desk top for any followers to read.
Pros
Exposures to various applications
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
They are a Decent company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  4610 Dufferin Street16 February 2017
They are a decent company, with low pay. Good to start off at. Most of the sites are very boring. With little to do. They have good courses, with decent management.
Trash!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
First of all, they have positions posted on their site in areas that would be close to home but when asked if they have spots to work there, they say no there isn't any positions there.. then why is it posted?? They are unorganized and are quick to preach professionalism. They're management is slack. The same guy that hires you, does your scheduling, training and performance review.... this is the 20th century.. GET A RECEPTIONIST!! They are manipulative... tell you all kind of jazz to make you work. You could be dying and they say you have to go in. Every new person, is a bench player whether you're full time or part time. And the pay is garbage. I spent more money on bus fair than on my last cheque.
Pros
Paid lunch/break
Cons
Unorganized!! And all of the above
Horrible place! They just take advantage of those how are new to the industry
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 October 2016
Be very careful. Very bad company, Very cheap! They pay 11 dollars + they charge you if you resign (180 dollars) anything you do it goes out of your paycheck.
Here how they do it: they will call you for 3 different interviews or none sense trainings. Then they will make you sign the cotract before even knowing your hours or position!! $11.40.
Just after you signed the contract you technically owe the company 180 dollars already!! You are forced to stay or you have to pay 180 dollars + training hours
Not mention that they charge for uniforms and etc.
Pros
Cons
Long hours + minimum wage + they charge their employees
never give work to their employees
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  North York, ON27 September 2016
this company just hire the people but never give any work. they hire people just for their backup. moreover, they also waste person's days for fake training.
nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2016
i have worked with condor security inc. with nice team of coworkers and always learned new things which is worth. flexible hours of work with always new places with different tasks.
Pros
free training
Cons
Decent but far from the best
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
Same as every security company and treats you like just another tool. I personally felt sorry for most of the security guards here as they didn't know much of the security field but as I have had previous experience I know what is expected and what is not. The co-workers were friendly and down to earth but the management and supervisors were rude and thought they were better than everyone because they had authority and always tried to take control when it is us security guards who are responsible for the safety of the site and know what is best.
Professional Enviroment
Concierge Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 February 2016
- A typical day is checking in and out.
- Smile and customer service.
- Excellent Listening and very helpful management.
- Mostly understandable.
- Give Awareness & implementing building rules to the resident and
customers and remain stick on them.
- When customers and boss appreciate the job work.
productive learning environment. Taught me how to work in a fast paces work setting
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
being a security guard teaches you a lot. it enhances your tactic and awareness skills as well as improves your knowledge and understanding. it taught me how to work In an environment where you are required to handle everything maturely and independently. That is one of the most important skills to obtain, not being able to have to rely on anyone for your success in the field. I have found out what i am capable of achieving, how hard i can push myself and how to motivate my self
Pros
receive many hours
Cons
commute
A good company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
A good company to work for, stable, clear assignments, good and regular training program, I would not leave if I had not to go back to China. If my family did relocate in Toronto, I would have been working for it now.
Pros
benefits, including teeth.
Cons
long hours; overnight shifts
Official response from CONDOR SECURITY
7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your positive experience in Condor. If your family situation changes and you find yourself back in Toronto, you're more than welcome to rejoin our Team! Best of Luck!

Not good
security (Former Employee) –  toronto10 August 2015
Good things are paid breaks, good hours, nice supervisers, and training. most sites are apartments with nice people. nothing to do at work, just sit and customer service. nothing dangerous or no action.

Bad things are starting very low pay and little to no pay increases, shift work long, last minute demands to cover shifts, irresponsible unreilable employees who never show up for work, little care for employees well being, very deceiving management who give empty words of encoruagement and false promises.
Pros
Friendy supervisers
Cons
deceiving management
Nice clean environment.
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2015
Typical day at work is good, the building is nice, people here are nice with me. Not a lot of problems arrive on my shift. Always learning something new. Working alone is nice but I do like working with others. The most difficult part of the job would be dealing with big out of control party's.
Pros
Working in a nice building, with air conditioning
Cons
Calling when every they want, even on your down time.
Sketchy Company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto4 March 2015
Company:

"If it looks too good to be true, it's probably not."

Condor Security looks good from the out side soley because they advertise the ISO9001 and their multiple training courses. However... This company does not care about their employers: they will force you (literally) to work a 8 hour+ shift, 2-3 hours away with a 1 hour notice when you are scheduled for a day off. If you refuse, they will tell you that you are not showing "initiative" or state that you are not "professional." A majority of the time your pay is 3 days late. You wont be acknowledge for Post Secondary Education in Law Enforcement. This Company is only good if you do not care about Work/ Life balance and health for minimum wage...

as for the Concierge job: amazing experience and great atmosphere, but it's more customer service than security.
Pros
Level 1 and 2 Training, Fire panel training, Work Environment, Supervisory Guards
Cons
Long hours, poor/ cheap management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONDOR SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.