CONDOR SECURITY Employee Reviews

Over all about Company
Head Concierge (Current Employee) –  Down Town, Toronto15 July 2018
Good Management, efficient recruitment process, small company, more bonded. Don't give raises to employees on a regular basis. I think don't evaluate really performance.
Pros
Comprehensive Medical benefit for Permanent employees
Cons
Charges for dresses
Great Management
Training & Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
If you work hard, you will be rewarded. Management is tough but very fair and knows good talent when they see it. You have lots of support and they will make you grow if thats what you want.
9 January 2019

Your comments are much appreciated! We're always looking to open doors of opportunity and push people forward, if and only if, it's what they're looking for. Security is a broad and deep field, with so much to learn and gain.

Overall wonderful and amazing experience
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
Being at Condor Security Inc. i am experiencing a lot of situations making me proficient in handling those situations with ease. Great management and experience to work with them as a part of team.
Pros
Good management and leadership
9 January 2019

Thank you very much for the feedback! We're happy you're enjoying your experience and taking the most out of your time with us. Being able to resolve situations with pressure & stress does become easier as a result of working in security, and translates into other areas of your life.

Excellent training program
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Opportunity to work at many sites. Excellent training programs like 'verbal judo' and 'tactical awareness' focus on customer care personality traits. Positive management and healthy workplace culture. Learning is fun.
Pros
Accommodation at all levels.
Cons
Highly disciplined.
9 January 2019

Thank you for the great feedback on your experience, particularly the training! Continuous professional development and a never-ending drive to improve is at our very core. We wish you the best in the future!

Head Concierge at The Yorkville Condos (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, ON4 October 2018
Condor has awesome managers. great sites, competitive wages, cool uniforms, amazing teammates cool hr department, and superb training for new and old employees alike
9 January 2019

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're happy you think the uniforms are cool - we think so too! Keep up the great work!

Manipulative, dishonest, and unprofessional.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  7890 bathurst26 June 2017
Condor is run by emotionally manipulative blowhards who feign a professional front, while possessing poor organization overall.

Pay is very low, and raises are insigificant for the amount of work done. Payment is also consistently late. Uniforms are to be paid for, and cost upwards of 170$.

Admittedly, the management at condor will give you guidance and training when needed. They know their stuff. It is a great place to learn, if nothing else.
Pros
Good learning enviroment, fair hours
Cons
Poor pay, unorganized, manipulative, dishonest
Very Accomodating
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
I went to this job right after working for another company that treated staff very poorly. Working here was like night and day. The staff I dealt with was very nice, I got trained, and I got paid much more. I know it's security, so it doesn't pay well, but it's better than some other companies, so I rate it good
Pros
Nice staff and supervisors
Cons
Security is so boring
9 January 2019

We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you like our "style"! Although we endeavour to be disciplined and professional, we care about our team very much.

fully unprofessional enviornment, never get reply of mail and phone call on time
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 April 2018
* they never reply of email on time
* have to send many reminder for a simple mail
* always ask to work extra( many times happend with me)
* difficult to get change in schedule
* have to plan 2 weeks before if you wanna get a day off. which is not possible in all the cases.
* wont get off in any chance if not planned 2 weeks before
9 January 2019

It's unfortunate that our expectations didn't match, we do generally require 2 weeks notice for time off, yes, and the nature of the security field is such that when staff call in sick, or clients request guards on very short notice, etc. etc. that there are immediate work requirements, and people working in the security field should be ready to work "extra shifts."

As for schedule changes, we do think we're quite flexible, as evidenced by the number of students working with us and family-oriented individuals that divide their schedules with their spouse / childcare requirements etc.

We hope you'll find a work environment in which you succeed 100%!

A good company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
A good company to work for, stable, clear assignments, good and regular training program, I would not leave if I had not to go back to China. If my family did relocate in Toronto, I would have been working for it now.
Pros
benefits, including teeth.
Cons
long hours; overnight shifts
7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your positive experience in Condor. If your family situation changes and you find yourself back in Toronto, you're more than welcome to rejoin our Team! Best of Luck!

Best Security Environment
Level 3 -Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
No matter how bad it seems in the starting, it is a super good job if you work hard to give your 100% while working. The company will reward our efforts.
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Bad starting salery
9 January 2019

Thank you for your comments! Glad to see that you left the company as a Level 3 Supervisor! You took advantage of the training curriculum and the opportunities available and left more qualified than you started.

Congrats and good luck in the future!

Want to know more about CONDOR SECURITY?

Ask a question
people complain everytime
Concierge and Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
easy going but clients have many complaints about the company.no more shift. employee request is not accepting easily.employee's email response is not every time. not providing a good schedule.
Sketchy Company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto4 March 2015
Company:

"If it looks too good to be true, it's probably not."

Condor Security looks good from the out side soley because they advertise the ISO9001 and their multiple training courses. However... This company does not care about their employers: they will force you (literally) to work a 8 hour+ shift, 2-3 hours away with a 1 hour notice when you are scheduled for a day off. If you refuse, they will tell you that you are not showing "initiative" or state that you are not "professional." A majority of the time your pay is 3 days late. You wont be acknowledge for Post Secondary Education in Law Enforcement. This Company is only good if you do not care about Work/ Life balance and health for minimum wage...

as for the Concierge job: amazing experience and great atmosphere, but it's more customer service than security.
Pros
Level 1 and 2 Training, Fire panel training, Work Environment, Supervisory Guards
Cons
Long hours, poor/ cheap management
Horrible place! They just take advantage of those how are new to the industry
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 October 2016
Be very careful. Very bad company, Very cheap! They pay 11 dollars + they charge you if you resign (180 dollars) anything you do it goes out of your paycheck.
Here how they do it: they will call you for 3 different interviews or none sense trainings. Then they will make you sign the cotract before even knowing your hours or position!! $11.40.
Just after you signed the contract you technically owe the company 180 dollars already!! You are forced to stay or you have to pay 180 dollars + training hours
Not mention that they charge for uniforms and etc.
Pros
Cons
Long hours + minimum wage + they charge their employees
Decent Security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 March 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the satisfaction of the client of my great customer service. I learned to be a team player and valuable addition to the company. Management was always content with my performance. Enjoyed working with my coworkers providing a pleasant work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some rude residents, but was able to handle the situation in a calm and professional manner.
Pros
pleasant co-workers
Cons
long hours sometimes it was difficult to deal with rude and aggressive visitors
Happy to work for Condor
Cincierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
I have been working for Condor for the last 2 years and I really find them fair and decent. They push you for training and also offer incentives to grow and take more responsibility. Overall a good company.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunch, skills development, training
Cons
Ask you to work overtime
9 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your experience with Condor! Responsibility is a good thing, we always strive to push ourselves forward and do more things worth doing!

Trash!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
First of all, they have positions posted on their site in areas that would be close to home but when asked if they have spots to work there, they say no there isn't any positions there.. then why is it posted?? They are unorganized and are quick to preach professionalism. They're management is slack. The same guy that hires you, does your scheduling, training and performance review.... this is the 20th century.. GET A RECEPTIONIST!! They are manipulative... tell you all kind of jazz to make you work. You could be dying and they say you have to go in. Every new person, is a bench player whether you're full time or part time. And the pay is garbage. I spent more money on bus fair than on my last cheque.
Pros
Paid lunch/break
Cons
Unorganized!! And all of the above
This company provides me with the opportunity to get familiarized with different management applications and system
Morning Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 May 2017
As the inaugural concierge, I had to start off to implement all the procedures and requirements in the condo and ensure adherence by various shifts. I had to stipulate all the management expectations in pass on books and review their efficiency and rectify any deviations. Management give me full support and I have put down all my experience in the computer desk top for any followers to read.
Pros
Exposures to various applications
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
Productive and fun place to work at!
Security assitant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 May 2017
Typical day at work is 7h a day 9 am to 4 pm and very nice and prductive most of the time
i have learned time management, as we require things to be done at a certain time
Work culture is great, everyone says good morining all mornings
hardest part is when mnay clients call in and we have last min suff to do
Best part is working with awesome people
Not good
security (Former Employee) –  toronto10 August 2015
Good things are paid breaks, good hours, nice supervisers, and training. most sites are apartments with nice people. nothing to do at work, just sit and customer service. nothing dangerous or no action.

Bad things are starting very low pay and little to no pay increases, shift work long, last minute demands to cover shifts, irresponsible unreilable employees who never show up for work, little care for employees well being, very deceiving management who give empty words of encoruagement and false promises.
Pros
Friendy supervisers
Cons
deceiving management
Decent but far from the best
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
Same as every security company and treats you like just another tool. I personally felt sorry for most of the security guards here as they didn't know much of the security field but as I have had previous experience I know what is expected and what is not. The co-workers were friendly and down to earth but the management and supervisors were rude and thought they were better than everyone because they had authority and always tried to take control when it is us security guards who are responsible for the safety of the site and know what is best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONDOR SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.