Concordia University Employee Reviews

Educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2018
You get good exposure to research and data analysis which one could use in the future. ITS very educative. Salary was okay. work environment was friendly as well.
Productive and a fun workplace with gym and lounge room
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 July 2018
Post University is not a great place to work. It is fun and innovated place. The proposed research was suitably tailored according to Dr Fu’s research background related to modelling and control of complex systems and his experiences in learning control. A multi-disciplinary supervision team together with renowned international collaborators consisting of experienced academic staff and industrial partners with solid research backgrounds in control, modelling and design, as well as strengths in applications of vehicles, energy storage management, power electronics can guarantee Dr Fu to broaden his research horizon and improve his overall research competencies significantly. Dr Fu has been working and collaborating with groups in China and Canada.
Great place to be a TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2018
As a teaching or research assistant our union is amazing and it constantly fighting for better benefits and pay increases, they really take care of us
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Limited hours
A great place to work
Administrator/Letter Writer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2018
The culture here was very inclusive and the management team fantastic to work with. I would recommend a job here in nearly any department. A great experience.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2018
The best place to learn various aspects of composite materials. Was involved with the development manufacturing and testing of composite materials. Wery friendly environment.
helpful and understandung
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2018
They are very understanding of the situation for all students and they try to give a good working schedule for all student workers. They were very helpful.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2018
Working as a research assistant was a great learning experience, first because the facilities were top notch and I get to expand my knowledge in my favourite field. Speaking regarding the material related labs as it was mostly about composites and Concordia is known to have state of the art AFP machine. It was a great fruitful research position.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
unexpected work load
Great opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2018
Concordia is a great school to pursue. Working with students and enhancing their learning, and being a part of their experience is extremely rewarding.
Fun workplace
Student Fundraiser at Annual Giving Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2018
I loved working here. The manager is amazing and very welcoming. it really teaches you how to convince people to donate through the phone. The other employees were also very kind.
Professional Supervisors & Excellent Facilities
Quantitative Analyst & Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2018
Pros:
- I had a nice and quite office with excellent facilities there.
- I enjoyed every single meeting I had with my supervisors, and I truly learned how to conduct a professional research from the first step.

Cons:
Low salary for research engineers.
A lot to learn
Recent Graduate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
A great learning atmosphere for the freshers. The learning graph keeps on improving day by day. With patience one can able to master a number of new skills under the guidance of the experienced engineers working on the shop floor.
Pros
Everday new challenges
Cons
12 hrs long shifts
A great place to work while being a student
Teaching Assistant, General Chemistry Lab (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
Worked here while I was a student. Large group of people working at all times made it less stressful during a rush. Good place to work if you want to advance in a company rapidly.
Great univesity
Open House Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2018
the john molson school of business is such an amazing place to study at, though, it is hard sometimes, you really get on to all the skills you need at real work
Good people - depends on department of course
Operations Manager (acting) (Current Employee) –  montreal5 April 2018
I have worked at Concordia for many years. Some of the nicest people in the world work here and the environment is usually one of mutual support. The extra holiday time off is another perk of working at an educational institution.
Pros
holidays, job security
Cons
people who would be fired in the real world stick around forever.
Stimulation Environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2018
The university cares about its employees and tries to promote the professional development of its students as much as possible. The working environment is stimulating and rewarding.
Fantastic Institution
Teaching Assistant, AHSC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2018
This place was an incredible opportunity for me to develop, learn and grow. The teaching staff was extremely nurturing and engaged in providing any support that was needed.
Stable employer
Editor & Publication Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 March 2018
Great benefits! Easily progress fro entry level up because jobs are unionized. For the same reason, very little incentive for employees to grow and improve skills.
Benefits
Cons
not terribly quick to change
Great environment full of innovative thinkers
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2018
I worked as a student undergraduate researcher where I was exposed to innovative technologies and forward-thinking leaders who pushed me to look beyond.
very good educational instutition
Masters degree student (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2018
Typical work day
what you learned
management
workplace
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

do not includeconfrfntai ll aa aaaa aaa
Masters of Engineering
Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 February 2018
I have had a great time in Concordia University. It is in downtown and provides fun learning with good teaching quality. It also provides many part-time positions for students. I have been an Invigilator here and it is really good to work with University's exam team.