Concordia University Employee Reviews

good work structure
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2018
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems, Lends support and guidance to employees, Uses sound coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems and Provides continuous coaching
Fun job with kind staff
Research and Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2018
The best staff that I ever worked with. Moreover, the work was varied so each day had a new challenge. Should I have stayed there though, at one point it would have been less intellectually stimulating!
people's potato
kitchen helper food prep (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2018
normal kitchen work cut vegetables wash dishes free meals you get to talk to real university students that are studding in their filed to become a professional.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not long hours
Happy with the experience I had in two years
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2018
A nice working environment with my supervisor always looking out for me. EV building is a place of great research minds from different fields. Bursary processing is very slow and needs to have a look on.
Very educational. I learned lots working here.
Professor/instructor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2018
I learned to trust a lot of people and also not trust some people. Overall wonderful experience working here. Just beware that a the grounds are very diverse and you never know what you expect. Don't set expectation too high or too low. Don't reach too too far just far enough and you'll feel right at home. And also, care about people around you and don't just mind your job.
Always looked out for school/life/work balance
Event and Facilities staff (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2018
Great work hours, helped cater to amount of hours you needed to work. Lot's of opportunities to work more hours if you're competent and open to learning new trades and doing some manual labour.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No pay raises
Productive workplace, but demanding
Polymer Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2018
The laboratory experience was enjoyable due to my colleagues, but the environment may not be for everyone, as it is very demanding and stressful. This is, however, entirely dependent on the supervisor.
My undergraduate university
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2018
 Instructed Organic Chemistry to undergraduate students with three 1-hour review sessions weekly
 Explained laboratory techniques, oversaw the execution
Great School
Student (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2018
I enjoy being a student here. Professors generally take their time to ensure the success of every student. I love the small class sizes and the close knit community.
Educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2018
You get good exposure to research and data analysis which one could use in the future. ITS very educative. Salary was okay. work environment was friendly as well.
Productive and a fun workplace with gym and lounge room
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 July 2018
Post University is not a great place to work. It is fun and innovated place. The proposed research was suitably tailored according to Dr Fu’s research background related to modelling and control of complex systems and his experiences in learning control. A multi-disciplinary supervision team together with renowned international collaborators consisting of experienced academic staff and industrial partners with solid research backgrounds in control, modelling and design, as well as strengths in applications of vehicles, energy storage management, power electronics can guarantee Dr Fu to broaden his research horizon and improve his overall research competencies significantly. Dr Fu has been working and collaborating with groups in China and Canada.
Great place to be a TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2018
As a teaching or research assistant our union is amazing and it constantly fighting for better benefits and pay increases, they really take care of us
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Limited hours
A great place to work
Administrator/Letter Writer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2018
The culture here was very inclusive and the management team fantastic to work with. I would recommend a job here in nearly any department. A great experience.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2018
The best place to learn various aspects of composite materials. Was involved with the development manufacturing and testing of composite materials. Wery friendly environment.
helpful and understandung
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2018
They are very understanding of the situation for all students and they try to give a good working schedule for all student workers. They were very helpful.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2018
Working as a research assistant was a great learning experience, first because the facilities were top notch and I get to expand my knowledge in my favourite field. Speaking regarding the material related labs as it was mostly about composites and Concordia is known to have state of the art AFP machine. It was a great fruitful research position.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
unexpected work load
Great opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2018
Concordia is a great school to pursue. Working with students and enhancing their learning, and being a part of their experience is extremely rewarding.
Fun workplace
Student Fundraiser at Annual Giving Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2018
I loved working here. The manager is amazing and very welcoming. it really teaches you how to convince people to donate through the phone. The other employees were also very kind.
Professional Supervisors & Excellent Facilities
Quantitative Analyst & Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2018
Pros:
- I had a nice and quite office with excellent facilities there.
- I enjoyed every single meeting I had with my supervisors, and I truly learned how to conduct a professional research from the first step.

Cons:
Low salary for research engineers.
A lot to learn
Recent Graduate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
A great learning atmosphere for the freshers. The learning graph keeps on improving day by day. With patience one can able to master a number of new skills under the guidance of the experienced engineers working on the shop floor.
Pros
Everday new challenges
Cons
12 hrs long shifts