Concordia University of Edmonton

Concordia University of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
I have learned a lot while working as a Vice President for the Graduate Student Association. I enhanced my knowledge while working as a Graduate Assistant for Project Management subject.
I really enjoy teaching at Concordia. The only downside is not all students are engaged or appreciate being taught by a woman or someone that may be younger than them, possibly due to cultural issues.
Friendly and welcoming environment. The only place I've ever worked where every person there is pleasant to work with. High focus on a professional and respectful workplace.
Pros
Warm and friendly work culture
Cons
Lower paying than other comparable jobs
Great job. Some of my best memories and best friends worked here. Awesome Management, great training, wages raised each year. Physical work, but enjoyed that aspect, as much as helping other students or profs with diverse tasks. Awesome student job.
Pros
Understanding Management, Ability to Advance
Cons
Lower pay than other bookstores as Concordia isn’t public
managament and workplace ulture are very fastpaced and its a productive and engaging work environment and provides the occasional free lunch or buffet and small birthday gifts for everyone in the workplace
very fun in a lot of ways. loved my time there. I was able to grow as a person and career wise as well. I was able to travel to asia. i've been to mongolia
See Resume
Audit coordination

Financial reporting to board and board finance committee

Provincial government reporting

Budget management

Facilities construction management

Pension administration Defined Contribution, and Defined Benefit
Pros
Great experience, interesting work
Cons
It was a special place in which to work but there was no job security as a sessional instructor with very little stress, very good work place culture.
I enjoy being a student here. Professors generally take their time to ensure the success of every student. I love the small class sizes and the close knit community.
Working at Concordia's Library has so many benefits I don't know where to begin. As a student Library Assistant, you have the main responsibilities of ensuring students sign in and out, and secondly, you need to get a head count of people present in the library at the beginning of after-hours.
Benefits of this job is the great pay, the flexible hours, and the amount of time you get to study- all the while gaining administrative experience.
I basically shelved the books students had previously borrowed according to alphabetical and numeric order. I learnt to be more organized and manage my time wisely since i was student then too.
The best place to work, the culture and work environment is friendly and well coming. Managers are Awesome, They treat us like a family and friends, and the environment allow self growth.
I was working with instructors and students. It was fun to work with my friends at school. It gave me experience to work as a printer technician and IT support.
It was a challenging job. It requires lots of research and patience. So I have learned different security tools and its working. Learning different and new technologies is the key thing that I have learned from this job.
Assist graduate students with research work.
Got better at research.

Great mangement.

This job is just for 10 hours a week
Pros
It's like studying and learning and getting paid for it
School of Business believes in the instructors and they can teach a class of 50 students in the very first opportunity that most of the schools don't offer.
Pros
Great to get started
Cons
Need Phd to start teaching
The AD is an amazing person who is building concordias athletic department to be something great. The job was good work but unfortunately as it is a new position there is little participation from athletes so far.
Pros
Free snacks, Free athletic gear
Cons
hard to organize and communicate with athletes
Productive and fun workplace, enjoyable and helpful working environment. A perfect place to start, learn and grow. I strongly recommend this place to start a career.
Its nice to work in Concordia University of Edmonton. Its a very good experience to work there.I am looking forward to work here in a good position in coming future.
As a new employee of Concordia University of Edmonton; thus far I have had a very positive experience. Employees are encouraged to embrace work-life balance. There are dedicated professionals that are supportive of new ideas and questions to help you learn systems and processes and team members are committed to supporting and helping others succeed.

As an employee, to name a few of the amenities at your disposal you also have access to: a library, the fitness facility, coffee and snack kiosks, a cafeteria, a book-store, performances from summer camps, a beautiful view to go for walks over your breaks, are just a few.

Overall, the organization provides a sense of community and supports serving others in each of their roles! I would highly recommend this organization as an 'employer of choice'!
Pros
Individuals are valued for their unique talents and encouraged to have work-life balance!
best students who are eager to learn
best staff always there to help you

good hours

good pay

Learned how to manage

learning new from every one around you

Hardest part is when you leave your job to move on
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia University of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5