Concordia University

Concordia University Pay & benefits reviews

For me, it was very nice to work with the students. They are fresh, energetic and ready to learn. The job has no stress and pressure. As long as you do your job, everything is good
I would recommend to someone who wants to earn some extra money during their free time, and it's a seasonal job for the final exams only. It simply requires you to follow the rules.
I worked at Concordia University part-time for more than a year Pros location is nice, decent salary. Cons professor oriented, you could get a bad professor and it's a bad time
Free and open environment, and takes care of their students. Have good student services. Pay is okay, think it is good for faculty. They have flexible hours and evening courses are offered
Concordia University is a great place to work and grow. Great leave policy and excellent benefits including retirement planning, dental and medical insurance.
I enjoyed working there. If you do a good job as a researcher and a student you get a good amount of scholarships to live on. Also, I liked the flexible hours policy for work during my research.
Pros
flexible hours
key point: Fun place to work, good salary Perk, Flexible timing, lovable environment, nice staff, large infrastructure with lots of facilities to provide
good student job great work place and environment good job to make connections the hardest part of being a camp counselor was keeping up with the energy of the kids
Pros
hours
Cons
the payments were never on time and usually weren't paid proper hours
The University was a productive and fun workplace. There was a decent amount of work to be done but it was fair. Once the work was done during quiet season much more freedom in the office.
Pros
Free time during down perids
normal kitchen work cut vegetables wash dishes free meals you get to talk to real university students that are studding in their filed to become a professional.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not long hours
Great work hours, helped cater to amount of hours you needed to work. Lot's of opportunities to work more hours if you're competent and open to learning new trades and doing some manual labour.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No pay raises
You get good exposure to research and data analysis which one could use in the future. ITS very educative. Salary was okay. work environment was friendly as well.
As a teaching or research assistant our union is amazing and it constantly fighting for better benefits and pay increases, they really take care of us
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Limited hours
Pros: - I had a nice and quite office with excellent facilities there. - I enjoyed every single meeting I had with my supervisors, and I truly learned how to conduct a professional research from the first step. Cons: Low salary for research engineers.
Good place to gain some experience as most students don't have any work related work experience. However, it is an unpaid/volunteer work so you need to prepare to work for free.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Not paid
Great benefits! Easily progress fro entry level up because jobs are unionized. For the same reason, very little incentive for employees to grow and improve skills.
Benefits
Cons
not terribly quick to change
The work culture is is very team oriented. Excellent place to work. Many benefits are offered to the full timers. People are friendly there. It's an excellent place to work.
This Great workplace, I enjoy working on campus teaching the undergraduate students, the university offers good compensation and great worklife balance.
Pros
Employee Insurance, Working hours
Cons
Contract duration
Overall good place to socialize and get a degree; but low on collaboration, implication from professors is low. Don't expect to receive much mentorship, but to work by yourself and figure it out as you go along.
Simple, redundant tasks to support professors. Basically doing all the boring tasks for a professor. The work can be done in flexible hours and the work environment is very friendly.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
redundant
I only worked for my supervisor, so I do not feel comfortable with rating the whole university. My supervisor has determined my salary, hours that I spend working on projects, and everything else.
Pros
Research jobs in academia give you feeling of contribution to the science.
Cons
There are no strict hours, so you can end up working on weekends.