Concordia University

Concordia University Management reviews

Canada263 reviews
it was the best experience for me especially got to meet new people from various cultures. a typical meeting day had all the senates along with the university directors where we discuss the plans, changes or any issues that need to be on the senate meetings.
talking about the management it's really great as arranging the meeting where it's possible for most people to attend and also after the previous meeting minutes and keeping a great track I really appreciated.
Pros
Free snacks, initiation in asking about the presence
Workplace culture is one of the worst ones. Nobody cares about his/her responsibility. People in departments made their colonies and force their personal ideas on all levels of hiring or awarding.
Very fun work environment
Management was great
Many chances to advance in the company
Employees have chances to become more familiar with higher education fundraising
Good work and life balance
career advancement opportunity

colleagues are nice and professional

Management are up to date and educated
they value employees
Learning everyday at work.
Great management of Concordia University.
Answering to students is the best part of the job.

I had no hard time at my job everyday was fun with students.
Competent staff, excellent management, would go back there anytime.
Staff members and management have been collaborating with the projects at all time.
Excellent place with learning. Productive and informative. Well managed management, nice infrastructure and instrumentation's to work on. Excellent atmosphere.
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems, Lends support and guidance to employees, Uses sound coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems and Provides continuous coaching
Post University is not a great place to work. It is fun and innovated place. The proposed research was suitably tailored according to Dr Fu’s research background related to modelling and control of complex systems and his experiences in learning control. A multi-disciplinary supervision team together with renowned international collaborators consisting of experienced academic staff and industrial partners with solid research backgrounds in control, modelling and design, as well as strengths in applications of vehicles, energy storage management, power electronics can guarantee Dr Fu to broaden his research horizon and improve his overall research competencies significantly. Dr Fu has been working and collaborating with groups in China and Canada.
The culture here was very inclusive and the management team fantastic to work with. I would recommend a job here in nearly any department. A great experience.
Typical work day
what you learned

management
workplace
the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job

do not includeconfrfntai ll aa aaaa aaa
Daily enjoyable work. Enjoyed the exercise and interacting with staff
I learned the complete mail room procedures of that time period

Management dealt fairly with their employees
The work place environment was fun and frienly
Probably the hardest part of my job the heavy laden nail bags I had to carry as I was getting older.

The most enjoyable part of my job was giving good service and putting a smile on my fellow employees faces.
Pros
One month yearly vacation and other perks
Cons
After 19 years of doing the same job it did become frustrating
I like the multicultural environment at Concordia University.
However, the management particularly in the Engineering department is not good to work with.
Cons
Very low sallary
Very welcoming employees, enjoyable work environment. I learned a lot about Facilities Management and the effort that goes on behind the scenes. A great job.
Modern working environments and state of the art technology. good workplace culture. Fun events to garner student involvement. Good management hierarchy.
Learned a lot about contract creation, management and how to work as an individual and as a team.
Really got the opportunity to grow as an individual. The only downside is the instability with the company as it has a lot of changes in the VP level.

Management was excellent.

Would definitely recommend.
This is an excellent position to go for while being a student, teaches you a lot of things like dealing with people, time-management, slef-control.
I learned lots of things about project management and construction practically during my time at Concordia university.
Good place to work at. You are open for all of the sports events and responsible for serving beverages as well as food. The management and working environment is also good.
Cons
hr management is very poor. no employee development programs. had to wait 6 weeks for your first pay cheque!!! totally unacceptable.
Managing different kind of projects in different construction status at the same time was interesting and helped me to improve my management skills. The interaction with people at all level to coordinate projects improved my communication skills.
With experience in a corporate culture, it was a bit difficult to adapt to the lack of clear standards, processes and procedures.

Unfortunately, I was located in a different floor than the rest of my co-workers what didn't help in my integration with the Facilities Management team.

Even if it was a management position, I was able to balance my personal life as a single mother of 3.
Pros
Job schedule vs salary
Cons
Not professional grow