Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Concordia is a very good place to work in. I had always felt motivated, productive to work in that environment, The only negative aspect to this position is that it is limited . The only way you can excel is if you get your phd degree and it is not permanent. Every semester I would have to re-apply for new position or a TAship.
It is hard to get accepted as an employee at Concordia University. There is a competitive environment. Employers are nice and friendly though. I love work on-campus.
Concordia University average payment to the TAs. The best part of the job is training enthusiastic undergraduate students. The problem is that the Professors are not familiar with the job description and they often require TAs to do more.
I worked at Concordia University part-time for more than a year Pros location is nice, decent salary. Cons professor oriented, you could get a bad professor and it's a bad time
I worked as a TA for 2 semesters and it was one of the best experience of my life. I got to help my professors and different students. When a problem occured with my pay deposit I went to HR and they took great care of me and did everything to help me. I would totally recommend.
I have learned different topics in Concordia University. This university lead me into a motivated, determined mechanical engineer which is ready to apply my knowledge to any kind of application.
Beneficial part-time, contract job while studying as full time graduate student. Good workplace environment facilitated learning and good communication between employer/employee.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Heavy workload at times during exam period.
Good work and life balance career advancement opportunity colleagues are nice and professional Management are up to date and educated they value employees
Learning everyday at work. Great management of Concordia University. Answering to students is the best part of the job. I had no hard time at my job everyday was fun with students.
key point: Fun place to work, good salary Perk, Flexible timing, lovable environment, nice staff, large infrastructure with lots of facilities to provide
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems, Lends support and guidance to employees, Uses sound coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems and Provides continuous coaching
 Instructed Organic Chemistry to undergraduate students with three 1-hour review sessions weekly  Explained laboratory techniques, oversaw the execution
Concordia is a great school to pursue. Working with students and enhancing their learning, and being a part of their experience is extremely rewarding.
Worked here while I was a student. Large group of people working at all times made it less stressful during a rush. Good place to work if you want to advance in a company rapidly.
The university cares about its employees and tries to promote the professional development of its students as much as possible. The working environment is stimulating and rewarding.
This place was an incredible opportunity for me to develop, learn and grow. The teaching staff was extremely nurturing and engaged in providing any support that was needed.
I'm working in a dynamic research group with a lot of enthusiastic people. This environment always lead me through more research and publication. we also have a good collaboration with industry.
Pros
Advanced Equipments
Cons
low rate of payment (Bursary)
This Great workplace, I enjoy working on campus teaching the undergraduate students, the university offers good compensation and great worklife balance.
Pros
Employee Insurance, Working hours
Cons
Contract duration
Allowing me to continue my field of research, while aiding others in ensuring the adequate transfer of information, and understanding of required materials.
The workplace has friendly environment. As a research assistant, the main responsibility is conducting research, peer review under supervision of a professor.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low payment
The students loved me (I have the glowing evaluations to prove it), and I loved them. I acted as a teaching assistant for two undergrad level British literature classes. One group was composed of 23 students, and the other of seven students. I gained a wealth of experience with groups of various sizes this way.