Concordia University

Concordia University Pay & benefits reviews: Research Assistant

I enjoyed working there. If you do a good job as a researcher and a student you get a good amount of scholarships to live on. Also, I liked the flexible hours policy for work during my research.
Pros
flexible hours
You get good exposure to research and data analysis which one could use in the future. ITS very educative. Salary was okay. work environment was friendly as well.
Overall good place to socialize and get a degree; but low on collaboration, implication from professors is low. Don't expect to receive much mentorship, but to work by yourself and figure it out as you go along.
I only worked for my supervisor, so I do not feel comfortable with rating the whole university. My supervisor has determined my salary, hours that I spend working on projects, and everything else.
Pros
Research jobs in academia give you feeling of contribution to the science.
Cons
There are no strict hours, so you can end up working on weekends.
Being a research assistant has many benefits for the field of study that I wish to pursue, namely psychology. It required meticulous and tedious work, characteristics of a job that I enjoy and am good at. A typical day at work required autonomous decision making about the research being conducted, and asking for feedback from co-workers. This position has taught me to pay close attention to detail, to work on projects for extended periods of time, and to develop my public relation skills with various groups of individuals. The most challenging part of the job was the recruitment process of the study. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the recruits'.
Worked alongside a professor as a research assistant. Experience depends greatly on the professor you work with and the project at hand. Salary was good for a student and time spent working was flexible as long as job got done.
Nice work environment, good salary, not very stressful, enjoyable and hours are very flexible. The staff there are amazing and are always there if you need their help.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Concordia University?