Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Normally I start working in the early morning, doing research work including search for paper related to my research field, watching tutorial videos and attend related seminar and implement new idea. Attempt towards desire experiment and solving the problem when preparing and doing the experiment.
Workplace culture is one of the worst ones. Nobody cares about his/her responsibility. People in departments made their colonies and force their personal ideas on all levels of hiring or awarding.
Some professors are so nice and some of them even suggest if u have experienced technician don't stay and waste your time here. The university does not support research assistance when they face challenges created by professors and always they will choose the easiest way to disappoint researchers and push them to change their goals In this university money rules everything.
It is a good environment to work in and learn from. The school really cares about your well doing and will offer you tips to improve. There is a lot of opportunities and the faculty and staff are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
pleasant staff
Cons
corrections
Developing a Master's thesis is a rewarding experience if you work with your passion. It is very demanding work-life in keeping good grades and produce research results worthy to be published. The environment in the office is very good, I made several friends there, with long conversations while the cluster computer was running some experiments. Yet expect to work long hours. If you like your research topic then is good.
Very good place and environment to work with. My supervisor is very supportive and extremely positive towards the new idea. My office colleagues are very friendly and I enjoy working as a team.
At the time the research and teaching assistants were not paid fairly. It might have changed in the last 10 years. Very multi cultural environment and fun workplace.
I enjoyed working there. If you do a good job as a researcher and a student you get a good amount of scholarships to live on. Also, I liked the flexible hours policy for work during my research.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive workplace and I was proud to be there. Had the chance to grow and acquire more skills. Working at Concordia University was a great opportunity.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Concordia University?
Learned a great deal in CFD. Great Boss. good workplace culture. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload and deadlines. A typical day at work is good.
There are many young professors, passionate for conducting research in new fields. These knowledgable professors are usually available and eager to guide you. There is also a good academic environment to share the idea with other students and improve them.
after years of studying from books and having handwritten exams, this internship helped me see how theories are being applied in the field and how to think outside of the box to find solutions to problems that weren't expected.
internship experience, not many opportunities to get a permanent position or promotion. Overtime, not paid, they give promisses they can not keep......
The best staff that I ever worked with. Moreover, the work was varied so each day had a new challenge. Should I have stayed there though, at one point it would have been less intellectually stimulating!
A nice working environment with my supervisor always looking out for me. EV building is a place of great research minds from different fields. Bursary processing is very slow and needs to have a look on.
The laboratory experience was enjoyable due to my colleagues, but the environment may not be for everyone, as it is very demanding and stressful. This is, however, entirely dependent on the supervisor.
You get good exposure to research and data analysis which one could use in the future. ITS very educative. Salary was okay. work environment was friendly as well.
Post University is not a great place to work. It is fun and innovated place. The proposed research was suitably tailored according to Dr Fu’s research background related to modelling and control of complex systems and his experiences in learning control. A multi-disciplinary supervision team together with renowned international collaborators consisting of experienced academic staff and industrial partners with solid research backgrounds in control, modelling and design, as well as strengths in applications of vehicles, energy storage management, power electronics can guarantee Dr Fu to broaden his research horizon and improve his overall research competencies significantly. Dr Fu has been working and collaborating with groups in China and Canada.
The best place to learn various aspects of composite materials. Was involved with the development manufacturing and testing of composite materials. Wery friendly environment.
Working as a research assistant was a great learning experience, first because the facilities were top notch and I get to expand my knowledge in my favourite field. Speaking regarding the material related labs as it was mostly about composites and Concordia is known to have state of the art AFP machine. It was a great fruitful research position.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
unexpected work load
It is difficult but that makes it fun. Projects in courses prepared me to work environment while at school. Library is amazing place to study and research.