Concordia University

Concordia University Employee Reviews

I enjoy working at this place as its a collaborative research environment where people are always supportive of each other which helps getting the best research done.
Concordia University culture is motivating, friendly and collaborative. The diversity is welcomed and appreciated. There are positive interactions between staff.
If you are looking for a place when to obtain a work-personal life balance, this is the place. The working environment is friendly, as fast. Everybody is professional and very cooperative.
Pros
Summer hours, 35h per week
Cons
Everything is a PRO here
Junior data research only did the work very simple, which has low flexibility. I did all day, copy, paste, download, and upload, and I am not very happy with this. But the working environment is very relaxing. The professor allowed us to work on it while listening to music. Overall, very cool
Concordia University is more supportive than what you can imagine. you will feel like being a member of a big family at Concordia. people are responsible and knowledgeable.
Pros
learning
I worked as a social media coordinator while studying and found it to be perfect for my situation. Good part-time pay opportunities to interact with staff and open-minded bosses made it very pleasant.
it was the best experience for me especially got to meet new people from various cultures. a typical meeting day had all the senates along with the university directors where we discuss the plans, changes or any issues that need to be on the senate meetings. talking about the management it's really great as arranging the meeting where it's possible for most people to attend and also after the previous meeting minutes and keeping a great track I really appreciated.
Pros
Free snacks, initiation in asking about the presence
I met really nice people who took care of me and helped me to grow and show my abilities. They trusted me and I'm satisfied with this opportunity. Hope to meet them and that place again.
For me, it was very nice to work with the students. They are fresh, energetic and ready to learn. The job has no stress and pressure. As long as you do your job, everything is good
I would recommend to someone who wants to earn some extra money during their free time, and it's a seasonal job for the final exams only. It simply requires you to follow the rules.
Concordia is a very good place to work in. I had always felt motivated, productive to work in that environment, The only negative aspect to this position is that it is limited . The only way you can excel is if you get your phd degree and it is not permanent. Every semester I would have to re-apply for new position or a TAship.
Normally I start working in the early morning, doing research work including search for paper related to my research field, watching tutorial videos and attend related seminar and implement new idea. Attempt towards desire experiment and solving the problem when preparing and doing the experiment.
It is hard to get accepted as an employee at Concordia University. There is a competitive environment. Employers are nice and friendly though. I love work on-campus.
Concordia University average payment to the TAs. The best part of the job is training enthusiastic undergraduate students. The problem is that the Professors are not familiar with the job description and they often require TAs to do more.
Workplace culture is one of the worst ones. Nobody cares about his/her responsibility. People in departments made their colonies and force their personal ideas on all levels of hiring or awarding.
Some professors are so nice and some of them even suggest if u have experienced technician don't stay and waste your time here. The university does not support research assistance when they face challenges created by professors and always they will choose the easiest way to disappoint researchers and push them to change their goals In this university money rules everything.
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada is a professional and excellent productive work environment. An excellent place for learning and research.
Concordia University is a great place to work as it provides a fun and unrestrictive workspace that allows for growth and expansion within the community as well as providing opportunities outside.
I worked at Concordia University part-time for more than a year Pros location is nice, decent salary. Cons professor oriented, you could get a bad professor and it's a bad time
the atmosphere is very welcoming and supportive there are many trainings that go a long way in life and you learn a lot through these jobs and excperiences
Very fun work environment Management was great Many chances to advance in the company Employees have chances to become more familiar with higher education fundraising