Concordia Hospital

Concordia Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work atmosphere

When I worked at Concordia it felt like family there. Very kind people in general. Also, very accommodating - I had young children and they always scheduled me around my children’s schedules.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Gossip

Voluteer position

For clarification I worked a volunteer position. What a proper job at the hospital would look like I have no idea. The volunteer position was a great way to get some work experience in as a teenager though

Pros

easy

Cons

no pay

fun workplace, lost of nice people

Always learning something new, very nice staff always willing to help. Met lots of new people and created friendships. Interview process was very quick and easy.

Multi challenging work environment

My typical day is ever changing, there are your standard meetings to arrange, but with my position with Patient Relations it can be ever changing. My hardest part is listing to people that feel they are not receiving there expectation of care. My most rewarding is being able to coordinate with professionals to enhance the patient and families experience.

I will recomend, working at CH,and CP

I did like working over there, every body is friendly, management , my coworkers it's a good place to work, i like to help elders people, i have compassion, i am flexible, i like to learn something new,

It is a very friendly place to work at and over the years brought me a lot of experience in the field

It is a very nice apendphere place to work at very friendly and if you need help in and field you can get the help. The management is okay and friendly to as if the Work load gets heavy we usually get extra help.

Concordia hospital like family

I love the community hospital environment. It’s smaller than the tertiary hospitals. They feel like family. It’s close to home, so I don’t have a long commute and parking is very reasonable.

Best place to work

I lived in Winnipeg and worked for 8 years and you will never find any better wokplace as Concordia hospital ..it's most amazing staff amd management

A Good Workplace to Work

It was a good experience working there. Staff is very suppportive and co operative Upon that the facility was very clean. Helpful in Emergency Situations. Quick Responsive. Rehabilitation is also a good part about this hospital.

Playing with kids

I worked with the elderly in the morning and took them to chapel and during the afternoon, I worked with the daycare kids and fed them and we would go out to the play ground.

Pros

free lunches

The greatest place on earth!

Loved working a receptionst in the medical area across the street. Fun people always had a great time, never gone to work upset, never left upset. So happy to have experience from this place!

a great group of people

Working for Concordia is fantastic. Your coworkers are always willing to lend a hand when you need. The positive attitudes you are surrounded in makes going to work easy and fun. In times of difficulty we all gather together to support one another.

self rewarding job

Love the staff I work with great meeting new patients daily, you always learn something new from there weather it be advice or just their two sense they'd like to share with you, very rewarding job

Pros

free parking

Cons

shift work

Staffing and employment

Worked at the facility for 24 years. Starting as a .3 EFT for two years then full-time for the last 22 years. The facility is a nice place to work. Staffing is very pleasant. It is a fast-paced industry you always on the go. It is a very stressful job.

gym, cafeteria

I got learn lots of new experience from patients,nurses and co-workers like how to be patient with any kind of personality of patients. The hardest part of job is to handle lots of death specially young people. The most enjoyable part of job is to help the other people to due daily routines and treatment of patients with many health issues,

Pros

Good benefit good penitent

Cons

good team work, good communicate

Concordia is a very enjoyable place to work. The staff and environment are both professional and create an enjoyable working atmosphere.

As a Health Care Aide our jobs are well defined, but its essential to be aware and adaptable to your environment. The staff at Concordia Hospital work well as a team making everyones work more pleasurable increasing the quality of care provided.

Pros

very clean and professional environment

Cons

none.

Hello Concordia Hospital, the Emergency Room (ER) and the Elderly Residence were all part of the same security contract. A typical day at work was scheduling, planning, improving security and service around the site. Meeting with the hospital board members and ensuring all contract obligations were met as well as any small things we could do to make it more pleasant for the patients. I learned a lot about people and gained people skills. When people are ill or aged they love to chat and say hello and these conversations were valuable to me. The hardest part of this job was finding candidates to take it seriously. The pay was low and the position was demanding and maintaining staff and professionalism was a challenge. The most enjoyable part was meeting the patients and making short little relationships and perhaps helping another person have a little better day.

Pros

Patients and relationships

Cons

Dealing with patients from the ER with drug or alcohol issues.

Concordia Hospital has been a very educational experience - learning all he medical terms and working with all the doctors.

My days at work are exceptionally busy. Which I have thoroughly enjoyed, the days quite literally fly by. At the end of the day, I have a feeling of satisfaction, knowing that I have helped some people come into the hospital and they leave feeling much better. And my job is to do all the paper work, not the actual treatment. The hardest part of the job - is trying to keep ahead of all of the paper work that is required. I have always enjoyed working with the public and I have had patients come back for another treatment perhaps two years after the last one, and they remember me, and tell me they are happy to see me still there.

Great place to volunteer at!

Arrive and clock in. Head over and grab the water carts, trays of water jugs and the clip board containing a list of patients who cannot receive water that day. From there you deliver water to 3 floors of the hospital. Very friendly environment to work/volunteer in.

Multi - team in acute setting.

Acute care setting with many disciplines to work with. Only Recreation Therapist on the unit. Great experience.

Productive and fun workplace

Every day is different challenging but fun to work Team work and discipline is best thing to be learned there. Management is excellent and very cooperative Co workers are best buddies there To see residents or patients in pain Spending time with residents and listening to there life experiences. .

Pros

Benefits and recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concordia Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4