Concordia Hospital Employee Reviews

Multi challenging work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2020
My typical day is ever changing, there are your standard meetings to arrange, but with my position with Patient Relations it can be ever changing.

My hardest part is listing to people that feel they are not receiving there expectation of care.

My most rewarding is being able to coordinate with professionals to enhance the patient and families experience.
It is a very friendly place to work at and over the years brought me a lot of experience in the field
Health care aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2019
It is a very nice apendphere place to work at very friendly and if you need help in and field you can get the help. The management is okay and friendly to as if the Work load gets heavy we usually get extra help.
Concordia hospital like family
Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 July 2019
I love the community hospital environment. It’s smaller than the tertiary hospitals. They feel like family. It’s close to home, so I don’t have a long commute and parking is very reasonable.
Best place to work
Supply Technician ..material management (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 June 2019
I lived in Winnipeg and worked for 8 years and you will never find any better wokplace as Concordia hospital ..it's most amazing staff amd management
A Good Workplace to Work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2019
It was a good experience working there. Staff is very suppportive and co operative Upon that the facility was very clean. Helpful in Emergency Situations. Quick Responsive. Rehabilitation is also a good part about this hospital.
Playing with kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2018
I worked with the elderly in the morning and took them to chapel and during the afternoon, I worked with the daycare kids and fed them and we would go out to the play ground.
Pros
free lunches
The greatest place on earth!
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
Loved working a receptionst in the medical area across the street. Fun people always had a great time, never gone to work upset, never left upset. So happy to have experience from this place!
a great group of people
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
Working for Concordia is fantastic.
Your coworkers are always willing to lend a hand when you need. The positive attitudes you are surrounded in makes going to work easy and fun. In times of difficulty we all gather together to support one another.
self rewarding job
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  rehabilitation unit30 January 2017
Love the staff I work with
great meeting new patients daily, you always learn something new from there weather it be advice or just their two sense they'd like to share with you, very rewarding job
Pros
free parking
Cons
shift work
Staffing and employment
HCA (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2017
Worked at the facility for 24 years. Starting as a .3 EFT for two years then full-time for the last 22 years. The facility is a nice place to work. Staffing is very pleasant. It is a fast-paced industry you always on the go. It is a very stressful job.
gym, cafeteria
Health Care (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2016
I got learn lots of new experience from patients,nurses and co-workers like how to be patient with any kind of personality of patients. The hardest part of job is to handle lots of death specially young people. The most enjoyable part of job is to help the other people to due daily routines and treatment of patients with many health issues,
Pros
Good benefit good penitent
Cons
good team work, good communicate
Concordia is a very enjoyable place to work. The staff and environment are both professional and create an enjoyable working atmosphere.
Certified Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
As a Health Care Aide our jobs are well defined, but its essential to be aware and adaptable to your environment. The staff at Concordia Hospital work well as a team making everyones work more pleasurable increasing the quality of care provided.
Pros
very clean and professional environment
Cons
none.
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
Hello

Concordia Hospital, the Emergency Room (ER) and the Elderly Residence were all part of the same security contract. A typical day at work was scheduling, planning, improving security and service around the site. Meeting with the hospital board members and ensuring all contract obligations were met as well as any small things we could do to make it more pleasant for the patients. I learned a lot about people and gained people skills. When people are ill or aged they love to chat and say hello and these conversations were valuable to me. The hardest part of this job was finding candidates to take it seriously. The pay was low and the position was demanding and maintaining staff and professionalism was a challenge. The most enjoyable part was meeting the patients and making short little relationships and perhaps helping another person have a little better day.
Pros
Patients and relationships
Cons
Dealing with patients from the ER with drug or alcohol issues.
Concordia Hospital has been a very educational experience - learning all he medical terms and working with all the doctors.
Clerk 111 (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2014
My days at work are exceptionally busy. Which I have thoroughly enjoyed, the days quite literally fly by. At the end of the day, I have a feeling of satisfaction, knowing that I have helped some people come into the hospital and they leave feeling much better. And my job is to do all the paper work, not the actual treatment.

The hardest part of the job - is trying to keep ahead of all of the paper work that is required.

I have always enjoyed working with the public and I have had patients come back for another treatment perhaps two years after the last one, and they remember me, and tell me they are happy to see me still there.
Great place to volunteer at!
Water delivery (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2014
Arrive and clock in. Head over and grab the water carts, trays of water jugs and the clip board containing a list of patients who cannot receive water that day. From there you deliver water to 3 floors of the hospital.

Very friendly environment to work/volunteer in.
Multi - team in acute setting.
RECREATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2014
Acute care setting with many disciplines to work with. Only Recreation Therapist on the unit.
Great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2013
Every day is different challenging but fun to work

Team work and discipline is best thing to be learned there.

Management is excellent and very cooperative

Co workers are best buddies there

To see residents or patients in pain

Spending time with residents and listening to there life experiences.

Pros
Benefits and recognition
The Art of Nursing : Medicine
RNBN General Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2013
I am new to Medicine as of December 2012. After working in surgery for the past 3 years it has given me a great foundation to work in this new environment. I really enjoy it. Its fast paced but we all work as a team. A typical day includes six patients on a day shift and up to twelve on a night shift. The key is time management. Most days we can keep up but there are some days that the acuity of the patient or the turn over of admissions and discharges can be overwhelming, even for a seasoned nurse. But I love it! The hardest part of my job is working with our palliative patients and their families. I don't think that ever gets easier, nor should it. Our demographic that we typically see is the older population. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. I enjoy getting to be a part of their lives even for a short while, while we care for them.
Pros
i have very approachable boss and a wonderful team to work with.
Cons
patient load at times can be a bit heavy.