Concord Security Employee Reviews

Where I started
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 July 2018
Started security with Concord Security, and I was with them for 6 years. My coworkers were great, but there wasn't much room to advance in the company.
Cons
No room for advancement
not the best larger company to work for
Security Guard (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 May 2018
Management was poor in the communication areas for assignments and direction and supervisor did not know what they were doing half the time while on duty they would leave the site up to the staff after being seen by upper management.
Pros
na
Cons
lots
Excellent fire fighting demonstration
security officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
The concord security company had been one of the elite Security Icon.on 15 jun 2017 ,there was a Fire Fighting Demo.It was hardest part of job,ensuring all elevators closed,all people evacuated from the side of fire.The Security personnel of all level with engineering staff,reacted quickly.the demo was very success.Participating in the operation was enjoyable and educative.
Alright job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 April 2018
its an okay job, though it really all depends on your job placement, many different job sites are available, some good, some bad. Management is lazy and practically non existent.
Very Professional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2017
Very excellent company with great professionalism.
Treat employees fairly and conciencely.
Good management skills and professionalism in all departmental
aspects.
Great company while it lasted
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Concord was an amazing company to work for before it was bought out by Paladin Security, great management and co-workers, Once it was bought by Paladin Security everything turned into a mess excessive paperwork and slow management, took forever to get anything done.
Good Company to work for.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 September 2017
This Company has a good Management structure care's about the employee's. The pay is near top end if not equal to in most cases.
The benefits are excellent for the industry and they actually give bonuses at Christmas and for a job well done to all employee's
Pros
Give you a task and let you do it. No Micro Management
Cons
Ocassional Difficulty finding enough staff
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
Pay is bare minimum and I know people who have worked there for years, with pretty much no raise. Years of working and getting nothing out it is just not my things.
A great way to gain experience in enforcement.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 August 2017
90% presence, 10% official. Security is a great way to learn about the requirements of policy/rule enforcement, especially if you're considering a career in law enforcement. Bring your professionalism to the forefront and you can't go wrong.
Pros
Many different sites to work at, and hours to choose from
Cons
"Buddy culture"
Be Cautious
Security Officer, CCTV Officer, Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB31 July 2017
Okay place to work, management is not that good they hire who they want and hope to have a pack of guys to sit around the office to talk about gaming with and make others do all the work. Was forced to do a roof patrol in a rain & wind storm while sick because I wouldn't play fight with site manager. I quite because I was tired of being made fun of.
Pros
wage, shifts, customers
Cons
managers, supervisors
Would not recommend.
Security Guard -multiple locations (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
Although I was fortunate to be hired on with this company when I was still new to the field of security, as time went on this company proved to be severely lacking in many departments. The hours were fair and manageable, but the managers of the company proved time and time again they care nothing for their employees, only their contracts, even if that means letting the clients holding these contracts treat their guards like trash.

They gave me my first job in Security; I will always credit them for that. But that aside, it is a thankless job position that will only depress you.
Good atmosphere, Provided me with steady empoyment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 June 2017
Best company I ever worked for. Too bad they sold out to Paladin. They treated me like a human being, not a cog in a machine. They renewed my security licence and provided pizza for lunch and free parking in Metrotown when I took my OFA courses
great environment to work in
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
This is a great company to work for. There was steady work and it's a friendly environment. I worked with the public and customer service. I had to deal with vagrancy sometimes but I learned management and this work kept me on my toes. The hours were shift work and travel times site to site . I worked overtime, night shifts, secured the College and Malls.
Pros
full time work
Cons
shift work long hours
fun workplace involving public
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
It is a great fun dealing with public and I feel so good when I am successful helping customers, finding lost kids, giving needed orientation to senior people etc.
We are there to make you feel safe.
Patrol Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2017
Security Guard work at a mall makes you very visible while also making you invisible. There is much walking and responding to concerns. We are there to make you feel safe.
Your not just a number
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
At Concord Security your not just an employee number, your a person and a person that matters. They take pride in providing the best services possible and make all employees feel welcome and appreciated for everything they do
good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2017
not to bad working with them,just looking for something different with more benifits.At the moment i am wrking as a cleaner maintenance,caretaker and also casual security guard.
Great learning experience
Security Guard/Occupational First (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2017
Was great job as student, watching over the building conducting patrols, learning value of documenting as well as administering first aid at an industrial site where many accidents occured
Pros
helping injured people
Cons
night shift
Quiet, and peaceful
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2017
My time at concord was very enjoyable, the office staff was nice and friendly. I worked the graveyard shift and was pretty much alone, but had no complaints, i was treated with respect, fairness, and openness.
great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
great people great managers, decent pay, decent locations to be posted at. overall a good security company over the rest. uniform colors are not embarrassing to wear as the colors are good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concord Security. Our community is ready to answer.