Concentrix Employee Reviews for Technical Support Representative

Found 56 reviews matching the search See all 22,350 reviews
Poorly managed, dishonest, and stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 August 2019
Aside from a handful of honourable managers, they will tell you anything that they need to in order to get what they want. The job is very stressful, they routinely block out time you cannot take for vacation, sometimes to the point of leaving so little time left that not everyone is able to get the time they're entitled to, and there is no improvement. The only changes to this job are in a negative direction, with more work spread to fewer people, extremely few opportunities to move up (though often they create non-existent positions that promise advancement but are actually just a way to get you to do work outside of your job description without paying you to do so.

If you are a student looking for a summer job, or a first temporary job as you move on to something after you graduate, give it a try. Odds are you'll be out of there before the stress, lies and mismanagement really start to get to you.
Pros
Occasional competence
Cons
Long hours, hard to take time off, disinterested management, less competitive pay
Micro management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 July 2019
This place has the worst atmosphere to work...you either have to party or be a swinger to make it in this site...management kicks you down and lies...no loyalty, I’ve seen ppl with over 15 years experience walk out...shame on concentrix/ mini acts/ Avalon / whatever the name of the week is! This company should be shut down, if APPLE knew the way this company treats their technical advisors they would think twice about being partners with them
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Management dégradés and belittles and lies
Pretty good pay, bad hours
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 July 2019
This job pays you a good amount for the work you are doing. You get to sit and talk to people all day and be comfortable, but it is sometimes draining and can become repetitive. If you like call centres, this will probably be the best one you can work at.

This job is very micro-managed (you're confined to your desk all day and you have to mark down every time you leave your desk; that being a break, lunch, bathroom etc.) so be mindful of that.

The people are awesome, everyone is super nice and they want to you succeed.

HOURS ARE BAD, but you will get 40 hours+ no question; they want you to be working more and taking less time off. Basically, if you are just an average Joe with no kids, home life etc. and you don't care what shift you work, this job is for you. The scheduling system is completely out of your hands because they say it's based on performance but they'll schedule you the night shift even if you are doing really well. Most of the time after training you are put on the night shift for 2 months straight keep in mind, after that period you'll get your desired choosing for shifts.

Good people, good pay, bad hours, sub-par work.
Pros
People, comfortability, money, can balance around school
Cons
hours and scheduling
Started out great, now I’m regretting it
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 July 2019
Oh boy where to start.....training class and trainer herself were very fun and informative, great floor support in nesting, then you go to the main floor where it all goes south..no floor support, unfair customer surveys where you get the blame for customers hating on the company, customers who don’t know an iPhone from their rear ends, quality dept who always has something to pick on you about even when you’re doing well, equipment constantly breaking down, answers to customers inquiries not always easy to find.....frankly I’m about done with this place, looking for other work
Pros
Great salary, nice people (most), benefits
Cons
Stupid rules, constant criticism
Downhill from the day you're hired
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 June 2019
This job is great at giving first impressions. The training is fantastic, the feedback is very detailed and gets you set for the job. The training staff really are the highlight of Concentrix. They are some of the best teachers I've had and are a bright spot on an otherwise ugly workplace environment.

When you first start they hold your hand, give you some better shifts, some voluntary time off if you want it, and things seem to be going smoothly. Chats are slow and the great feedback keeps you working on improving your skills.

Then, suddenly, it seems they stop caring. You get stuck with the scrap shifts and even if you get a decent shift bid you get stuck with afternoons. The work becomes fast paced and stressful, and the feedback becomes only negative. No more positive reinforcement besides copy/paste responses on CSATS. They stop caring and you become just a number.

One of my fellow coworkers was screamed at, insulted, and written up because they had a family emergency and had to leave work early a few times. They left crying. Absolutely shameful.

This job has an extremely high turnover rate, so staff here couldn't care less if you resign. You are not valuable to them and they can replace you at any time. Don't apply here if you care at all about being valued as an employee. That's the bottom line.
Pros
Consistent hours, training, co-workers
Cons
Stressful, toxic workplace
worry more about time and not their people
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 May 2019
I did not like working there
management was only worried about their job
it was not fun to work there
was going to work it was very dirty and it was never dusted
going home
Stressful Overworked + Bad Management
Technical Support Representative for MacOS (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 April 2019
I worked there for just under 2 years and eventually left because the frustration and daily stress level from working there because too bad to deal with.

The place starts off pretty good; and the job itself isnt bad at all; I was basically troubleshooting for apple customers for IOS and then MacOS later. The issue isn't the job; but the way you are treated.

First when you are hired on your told it will be mainly single chats, doubles during busy hours; and triple chats only in peak season. The reality was that i went about 4 months with back to back triple chats all day and management still expected the same level of service despite the difference; so whether you took 1-2 chats all day or did 3 b2b all day they wanted you to be friendly, informative and fast and get them all resolved in under 20-30 minutes; which is frankly not possible sometimes because the speed at which you go largely depends on the customer's comfort level with technology.

shifts and bonues calculated by customer surveys as the main thing affecting your score; which are completely out of your control. i would have surveys sometimes saying 'the rep was excellent but im disappointed this isnt covered by the warranty' and i would get a bad score and be stuck on the worst shifts due to issues out of my control.

management will watch you like a hawk if you are in someone's personal bad books and will play favorites and put you on disciplinary measures for things that other people do because its left up to the discretion of your individual manager and not the company. it really sucks if you have
  more... a bad manager and a lot of them are.

There's a lot of OT open (because people quit like crazy) so if you really need the work go for it. Otherwise honestly pretty much anywhere is better.
Pros
Good hours, coworkers are good
Cons
management, customers
Unhealthy
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON16 January 2019
Working for the company was not easy. Certain metrics were required and if they were not, you were written up and then after a certain time frame you were put on basically an IEP where they tried to help you reach those goals.

It was stressful and some of the metrics were out of our control thereby making it impossible to reach. I left as soon as I could because I began to hate working there and I couldn't deal with the stress.

If you like a challenge and love customer service this is the job for you. If you can sell, and you can turn customers from irate to happy than this is for you.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Expectations of the employee
Good
Chat Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 September 2018
The culture is good. Managment needs some improvement in terms of communication but compared to other jobs in the area, it's better than most. Pay is good, lot of employee engagement activities, respectful, ton of growth opportunities. This place is good for people who like to interact with others, take part in various activities and can handle stress. Management does their best in their scope to ensure employees are valued.
Pros
Growth opportunities, Pay and Benefits and Employee Engagement activites
Cons
Stressful
A fair company
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 August 2018
Concentrix is a decent company to work for I have been with them for 3 years and overall am quite pleased with them.

This said the job is not for everyone and one should expect little to no real advancement up the chain of command. Most senior positions are locked in and generally most entrants will spend time on the phone doing shift work and dealing with customers.

This should not sway people from applying to the firm, in fact in the centre I am in we have an excellent management team and very good Team Leads. I suggest doing the research before jumping in. If you are looking to clime the corporate ladder, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Good leadership benifits and pay
Cons
shift work, low advancement opportunity, and over reach by clients.
Job was great
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 June 2018
The job was great the management not so much. I handled on average 20-30 calls a day depending on the volume. I was very hands on tech support and enjoyed the customers I got to work with.
Good place to work have a comfortable nap room
Technical Support Representative (TSR2) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region11 May 2018
Everyday you will receive update of your productivity. Your coach will provide you necessary coaching logs to improve your call handling. Management is average because they already have many representatives and cant really focus on ones needs.
Friendly environment but poor management
TSR / CSR (Current Employee) –  que16 April 2018
For almost three years of working on this company I've learned a lot and acquired so many skills. I learned about good customer service, my English communication skills improved and also I learned to discipline myself in terms of time management. The management are also taking care of us and also they are very approachable. The workplace is fun and stress free. The hardest part of the job is knowing that nothing is permanent. Throughout my journey on this company I've lost a lot of friends. The most enjoyable part is knowing that this is not only a company that I'm working with. This is my family.
Terrible workplace
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
stressful and it seems like no one in management staff cares about the lower workers, kept juggling us between contracts when one would pull out, very stressful
Pros
ok money
Cons
stressful and terrible managers
Bad place to work for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2018
If you're looking for something for two weeks, this is the job for you. It treats you well in training, and then a few weeks on the floor and you're a doormat. They treat you poorly and don't offer a challenge but rather, threaten your job with surveys and fake reports. If you don't stay at a 90% rate you're fired. They don't keep people for long and there is a high turn-out.
Pros
Events, free lunches, office parties, good training environment
Cons
Treated poorly, threatened job after two weeks, location
OK for first job but...
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 February 2018
It's a call centre and you do tech support for the company that outsourced it. It's inbound calls all day. You only have a certain amount of time to complete each call.
Pros
Can work later hours so you can save on childcare
Cons
Not enough training, most of the managers aren't very supportive, paid is low for the amount of work
Fun working Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region9 January 2018
The Company has a good international reputation in their line of Business. They have a good career growth path and gives equal opportunity. However, they have a difficult Scheduling shift, Since all of their clients are from a different time zone.
Nothing bad to say
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 December 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this place. You get to learn alot about how a company should be run and worked, with customer services/ sales and technical techniques in several different ways of the spectrum.
Pros
controlled schedule, organized, lots of different people, decent paycheck
Cons
repetitive, strenuous, gets boring..
They went out of business
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Convergys Management was good for opening the door for a person who wants to get technical support experience. At the time they would hire anyone and everyone. The company was mismanaged and so they went out of business. The pay wasn't bad and it was good to have this on your resume if you are an I.T. specialist... Otherwise, this job was more of a stepping stone than anything else (if you have high goals)... Company is out of business... No use discussing a company that no longer exists.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
I worked as website technical support for FedEx. I assisted individuals and organisations in the use of the website and walked them through the website so that they could place their orders to be shipped. At times it was necessary to elevate the client to a more specialized tier for added support in the completion of meeting their needs
Pros
Fantastic management
Cons
The left the city for a new facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K