Concentrix Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 22,311 reviews
productive and fun place to work
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2019
i learned to make friends
i learned to give customers solution from the knowledge page which gave an experience
my trainer was the best
thanks concentricx
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Awful work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 August 2019
I would not recommend working at a call centre ver in my life again, the customers can be extremely hostile and oblivious, the dealer reps are not on your side and make you out to seem bad, management didn’t do anything but ruin sales opportunity for you
Pros
Cafeteria food?
Good money I guess
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS5 June 2019
You’ll fall asleep in the training almost every day. It’s like they’re not teaching you anything most of the time, they’re waiting for others to catch up. While most of the people at concentrix are great and help you get through the day, the customers will drive you crazy and the system you work for will drive you crazier. Your callers randomly get a survey to tell the company how the call went, but it doesn’t matter if they like you. It matters if they like the company. So while you may get a 10/10 in all categories, if they wouldn’t recommend the company you get a horrible score and you get yelled at or told off by the “team leaders”. Most of the time they wouldn’t recommend the company because the company is awful. And I understand how mad they are but am told to tell them “I’m sorry you feel that way”. Don’t ever want to have to work here again even thought the people and money aren’t bad with benefits aswell. Oh yeah, and you can’t wear open toed shoes because they have so much carpet fleas and won’t get rid of them.
Pros
Money, hours, benefits, good teammates
Cons
Long hours, management, company, cranky callers
Very laid back
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2019
You can snack whenever you want and you get long hours which means higher pay, and everyone there is super friendly. However, you barely feel like you have a life and its hard to get a decent shift that you actually like because only people who were actually there for a while getting the upper hand in bidding for shifts. Also, if you advance to a higher department, the pay barely goes up
Pros
friendly staff, laid back environment, sitting down, snack whenever you want
Cons
long hours, no life, bid for hours, barely any room for advancement
Worst place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 April 2019
Didnt like working here....the pay rate is absolutely nonsense for the amount of work that is expected from you...no room for mistakes...they expect us to ask for help when needed but no one is ever available or interested in helping. When in training the management acts all nice and helpful but once you hit the floors these same people dont even recognize you and their true personalities come out.
Pays good
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NS21 April 2019
Overall it is not a bad place to work and the pay is good. Unfortunately, the call interview and the in person interview set up false expectations for how the scheduling and time off requests work.
It is NOT accommodating to life balance, and if you use your three sick days for one year you are told it goes towards your performance for moving forward and it will be harder to move forward.
It doesn't matter if you are sick with a valid doctors note, have personal stuff going on, or something with family happens it will go towards your emergency days, when you try and do a "shift slide" where you can work on your day off to make up for loss time, you are told that you are unable to do so.
So again what we were told about doing shift trades and working on days off so it doesn't go towards your performance is false.
Once you are out of training, the environment changes.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Life Balance
A Horrible Work Culture
CALL CENTER TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 March 2019
Want to feel like a chained up animal. Work here.
Want to feel like your not trusted. Work here.
Want to feel like you need to justify using the bathroom. Work here.
Family emergency? No such thing, you get a warning.
Doctors appointment? Not allowed, can't get time off.

This was one of the worst company cultures I have ever experienced from the inside.
Cons
Worst Company Culture in Canada
didn't enjoy
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 February 2019
I would show up to work and answer calls to help customers who had problems with their iphones, I would do my best to help them fix their issues. the hardest part of the job is dealing with irritate customers when you cannot fix their problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their problems.
Call Centre
OnStar Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 December 2018
The environment is very similar to any call centre environment. If your bathroom breaks are too long, you're penalized. The direct management is not really helpful in any inquiries you have. Long hours, little option to trade shifts and when there is, it's only accessible through the work server.
Pros
Good steady pay
Cons
Long hours sitting
decent place of work
Incoming Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB18 April 2018
if you are willing to work this is a good place to just put your head down and work no real complaints of wait except for having to pay tax on the incentives that are given to you during your shift but such is the law
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
rotating shifts
boring and monotonous
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 April 2018
Very stessful as the majority of called are angry and take out their frustrations with the company on you. Dealing with angry people and not having the authority to fix their issue is very stressful.
Pros
no face to face confrontations
Cons
getting yelled at by customers
broken promises
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2018
was promised certain things that were not followed trough with impossible expectations and lots of pressure. really hard to deal with the hr and management. training is through and well done but the expectations are to much for what you make hourly
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
expectations to high
This contact centre was an okay environment to be in.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 December 2017
For the most part Convergys worked for me as an employer.
When I initially started training and during my first few months of working there we were provided a way home from work in a stretch limousine. I thought this is the life that an employer would pay for a limousine to take us home.
a very stressful place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS28 September 2017
It is a place of business for someone who has nerves of steel. Myself I am a people person but the stress of the customer's got to me.

and the hours were not favorable to raising a family.
Pros
salary
Cons
schedule
not a bad place to start for entry level in call center job
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2017
A typical day there would be Monday which is the most busiest day of a week, what you will learn is customer service and and multi task work, management overall was alright they can do better, my team leads and my colleague i use to work with were very supportive, no hardest part of the job all you do is sit calm and take calls, enjoyable part would be bi weekly pay stub with loaded commission.
call center
Call Centre agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 September 2017
i enjoyed my work there
nice work ethnic and an easy job
extensive training was very helpful
enjoyed being able to work in the comfort of my own home
Average
Contact Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 August 2017
Good place to work if you are desperate for jobs. Need to improve benefits and the wages are average for a entry level customer service job. Will be good option if you want to gain experience for other jobs in future.
Good
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 July 2017
It was okay working there could have be better. Manger isn't so great, no one knows who doing what at what time, I did appreciate all the hours tho. Thanks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not friendly
Worst workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2017
Not family friendly, doesn't care for their employees, not paying good but they want you to be on phone constantly that taking a sip of water you cant do. Supervisors are rude and degrading the team.
Pros
no pros
Cons
wont recommend to anyone
Not a very nice place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 June 2017
Once the ownership of the company changed, many other unfavourable changes took place. Benefits were cut back, raises were stopped, contests and incentives were changes. There is the expectation that you must always modify your personal life to accommodate their schedules and demands. Very poor work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K