Concentrix Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Found 96 reviews matching the search See all 22,311 reviews
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 August 2019
Typical day involved non-stop answering calls, learned about the needs of the client & learned interesting information about the automotive industry. Some of the management was amazing, but recent policy changes made it impossible to keep my employment there, they are taking any humane policys away. Your just an employee number, earning points when you make mistakes, and when you get 12 points you get fired. No humans.
Pros
Easyt Job
Cons
Terrible Company Policies
Its a great place to work coz of the employees...
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 August 2019
Am glad I joined concentrix, it gave me enough opportunity and I loved my colleagues. My managers were also very helpful. Timings were between 8am 8pmnand mon - Friday. Hence I chose this place.
Great company to work for
Sr. Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2019
Management is good. Provides good training and focus on development. The only negative point is the salary. I’d go back to them if they offer above minimum wage.
Outdated technology and constant computer problems.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 July 2019
For 25 cents above the minimum wage, you have a tidal wave of work to do for one of their clients that is a financial institution. You have to write exams on anti-money laundering and privacy laws. You also have to write a test on how their internal system works for daily employee use. Their database of customer information goes back to the days of DOS and you have to memorize dozens of key combination codes for everyday use. You also have to sell products associated with the financial industry. Your sales have NO bonus structure or commission attached to them. Everyday upon start up during the training period, something was not working to get us properly trained for the floor when it comes time to talk to the public. Because they're still using Windows 7, yes, Windows 7, it screws up your ability to work properly. You can pour coffee and flip burgers for the same money and this job is worth at least 18 to 20 dollars an hour but pays only $14.25 at the time of this review and you don't get a full 40 hours if you go full time. In the fall, 24/7 shifts start and you will have to work the overnight shift. You will be overwhelmed with work for very little money. I stayed almost two weeks out of a four week training period and I and some others in the class were not nearly ready to start our jobs when the time came. Decide for yourself but you will be under paid for too much work and you will have to deal with abusive customers and worry every single day about accidentally violating people's privacy or having someone try and pull a scam on you.
Pros
Cons
Overnight shifts, low pay, technical problems and people are allowed to constantly show up late.
Pretty good place to be
Advisory IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 June 2019
I enjoyed my time at concentrix while i was there for the most part. You spend an entire 5 weeks in training. It was boring but it was paid even if we were let out early. Management is good and take any issues you have seriously. Really care about the employees. Overall the work is boring and dealing with frustrated customers all day everyday can be tiring. However if youre a good worker with good stats they do give bonuses and gifts for your hard work. Not the worst place to work if you can deal with a lot of stress.
Pros
Bonuses, good managment, benefits
Cons
Long hours, stressful work days, sitting for long periods
Very laid back
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2019
You can snack whenever you want and you get long hours which means higher pay, and everyone there is super friendly. However, you barely feel like you have a life and its hard to get a decent shift that you actually like because only people who were actually there for a while getting the upper hand in bidding for shifts. Also, if you advance to a higher department, the pay barely goes up
Pros
friendly staff, laid back environment, sitting down, snack whenever you want
Cons
long hours, no life, bid for hours, barely any room for advancement
Friendly workplace
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2019
- The company ensured to have a paid pre training for employees three weeks before even starting the job at all which ensured for good performance at work
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2019
Concentrix is the best call centre I have ever worked in. The management are a team and they keep open communication with all employees. I would recommend Concentrix as the place to be. Very professional
Fun and casual work environment
SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 February 2019
A typical day is answering 15 - 25 calls and helping people troubleshoot their software and or hardware issues via telephone. I learned how to use the iOS software system on multiple devices and how to fix issues to avoid having to make a unnecessary trip to the store. The management was wonderful and upbeat. If there were any issues or concerns they were addressed immediately. I loved it when they had pizza or hot-dog day and there were people on the social comity that made it a lot of fun to work on holidays. My favorite part of the job was when I was able to help a customer and hear the joy of partnering with them to resolve an issue.
Pros
Pizza Day
Cons
Grouchy customers
good for short term
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 January 2019
long term pros to this company are far and few between. this is good for a short term position. this was supposed to be a 6 month job while i found better work, it has now been 6 years
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
micromanaged
Don't work here
Senior Technical support advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2019
I currently work here and I am frantically looking for new work. At first this place seems great you move up fast and get raises with that and when you start a new role you get a good schedule. That all ends

Once you've been in a role for more than a couple months you had better hope you rank in the top 1-5 agents or you will only be working nights and weekends. Shifts don't rotate and you bid based on how you rank as an agent. There are only a few shifts that have any weekend days off or that start before noon and even less if you need both.

Also it doesn't matter how nasty a customer is or if the last person the customer spoke too wasn't you be prepared to be blamed if they weren't happy. Doesn't matter if you give them a free phone, if they weren't happy it's your fault.

On top of that you have to make sure you check off every single checkbox in the company's quality for or you are getting coached. You won't ever be told you're a good agent no matter how you rank, but for every mistake you make you will be coach multiple times for the same thing. No matter how small that mistake is like forgetting to tell the customer that you can definitely help them or forgetting to ask for an email.

In conclusion this job will wear you down so you feel like a worthless human being and since you won't have time to see any friends or family you won't have anyone to vent to or help keep your morale up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work /life balance, management, micromanaging, no autonomy, stressfull, isolation
Average Experience
TECHNICAL SUPPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2018
- More you work the more you be asked to work.
- In a competitive salary
- Average growth
- Fun at work
- No coffee in the Lunch area.
- Favouritism / not based on performance
dont do it
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2018
they dont train you properly, dont answer any questions and dont care when they make you have a mental breakdown because the stress was too much. worst mistake i ever made
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough training
Calm Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2018
A typical day at work would be starting off the morning easy with non difficult issues. As the day went on there would be more calls and tougher issues with devices but nothing that cant be solved over time.
Pros
Multiple breaks from sitting.
Cons
High customer frustration.
develop professional skills and work under pressure
Extended Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2018
able to develop people and communication skills. de-escalation and positive goal oriented communication. unfortunately the harder you work the more work you will be asked to do with no pay increase. little to no opportunity to move up on site.
Pros
solid schedule
Cons
high work load
Employee focused
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 August 2018
It's a good company to work for in terms of call center work. Rarely do sales usually the contracts are tech support or inbound customer service. They operate in a legal and healthy workplace environment. I'm not saying it's perfect but they do strive to plan activities each month and occasionally have pizza days, timmies days. You never get yelled at by staff, always conducted professionally. Hardest part of the job is just back to back calls sometimes for weeks before you get a break.
Pros
incentives, activities, benefits after 6 months, more after 1 year
Cons
attrition that causes back to back calls
Friendly coworkers and management
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2018
Staff at Concentric were easy to speak with and to approach. Most of the employees are also very helpful and friendly. The only concerns are the system issues and lack of information sharing, which is standard for any call center in the industry
A fair company
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 August 2018
Concentrix is a decent company to work for I have been with them for 3 years and overall am quite pleased with them.

This said the job is not for everyone and one should expect little to no real advancement up the chain of command. Most senior positions are locked in and generally most entrants will spend time on the phone doing shift work and dealing with customers.

This should not sway people from applying to the firm, in fact in the centre I am in we have an excellent management team and very good Team Leads. I suggest doing the research before jumping in. If you are looking to clime the corporate ladder, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Good leadership benifits and pay
Cons
shift work, low advancement opportunity, and over reach by clients.
Fun co workers and customer, job not so much
Technical Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 June 2018
Fun working with customer on the phone, helping people and solving problems. The community was great, always support available when you had a question.

The management, however is a bit strict. Dress policy was never an issue but it was the things that matter, like how the manager is actually higher up and you go to your supervisor to reaolve any issues. For security and training reasons, calls are recorded, which can make anyone uneasy. Anything you say on a call can and will be used against you, even if it was not your call but someone overhears something on another call.

One thing that really bugged me was the lack of freedom to go to the washroom or call in sick. Since our performance is statistic based we can only spend so much time off the call or it looks like you are avoiding work. But if you are feeling sick you shouldnt be made to feel like you taking a few extra minutes to feel better will possibly get you fired. They will only accommodate sick people if they have a doctors note but its not fair to penalize someone because maybe something didnt agree with them at supper and they are forced to spend time away from the desk. And if you have any illness you better have a note because you only get 10 sick days a year before they will say nope no sick days you have to go to work or get a doctors note to prevent being fired. And you have 15 days of the year to be late or leave early. I get wanting to make sure people dont come in late. But what if you are feeling sick and need to go home, or an a emergency comes up and you have to leave.

They have good benefits
  more... and all but is it worth it in the end?  less
Pros
Paid training, forced advancement, benefits and bonuses
Cons
Forced advancement, unpaid breaks, not many sick days allowed
Na
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2018
Not paid lunches
No job security
No job culture
Hate the management
Lower salary
Not a great life balance

I hate the over all job of the the and not a best opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K