Concentrix Employee Reviews

Found 857 reviews matching the search See all 4,508 reviews
A very stifling place that doesn't care about its employees
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 December 2018
Some of the management genuinely cares, but most of it is not very supportive and is very "do it yourself" oriented, with not much support available.because they have "more important things to deal with".

The trainers actively mention from time to time that people are only expected to stay employed for six months due to the stress and lack of support on everyone's part.

Human Resources in particular is very sleazy, and almost seems to go out of its way to remain that way. It can create a very toxic work environment with the management, which will ultimately distract you from your job and lower your performance.

Your schedule is based on your performance usually, and while that may be an encouraging thought to some, your metrics are never good enough. They want you to be quick on calls, but they also want you to get positive customer surveys; so essentially they want you to rush people off the phone and for them to be happy about it.

And if you get a negative survey, whether it's about you or about something beyond your control such as something another advisor did, it's stuck there on your record. They cannot revoke any surveys, even if the comment mentions it has nothing to do with you.

Plus the company really just wants to push as many people as possible to their Tier 2, regardless of how skilled the advisor is. Tier 2 is very stressful and you receive even less support than you would normally.

There are benefits covering optical, pharmaceutical and dental, so that is nice anyway. And the pay is slightly above minimum wage, but it doesn't necessarily make
  more... up for everything you go through on a day to day basis.  less
Pros
Benefits, Wage
Cons
Management, Hr
Worst job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2018
Very unorganized and hours are horrible. HR person Ariane is probably the worst never reponds to emails once you leave the company regarding recieving 4% and i still havent recieved it and i quit 6 months ago. Also alot of pay issues almost every pay. Horrible job! I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Clients are horrible aswell and are very rude.
Pros
Close to a metro
Cons
Hours, pay, services and HR
Productive workplace with free food days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB9 December 2018
A typical day at work was about 10 hrs because of mandatory overtime..I learned that most telephone agents are stressed by the amount of constant change, learning, and difficult clients.. The staff and management are mostly great people trying to make good of bad situations..The salary is too low and the decor and amenities are well below acceptable standards..The hard part was having to work holidays..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a lot of bad customer experiences
not the best place to work
OnStar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 December 2018
Was excited when I got the job thought it was such a great oppurtunity.
Training was great got paid to learn how to work there.
However when we got up on the floor most of what we learnt wasnt able to be applied.
Their hours are long and not much notice on change of schedule. You work the most crappiest of hours because you "need to gain senority" and work weekends and holidays.

Make sure you arrive an hour before shift because its impossible to find any seating and if you cant find seating or you have computer issues they will deduct your pay as if you were late.
They dont provide lockers for coats or bags but complain if your stuff is with you on their "visitor" days.

Most the staff has massive attitudes which makes it impossible to even look forward to going into work.
Pros
training was the best part
Cons
long hours and snobby staff
productive and rewarding place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2018
Concentrix took over the original company Convergys in November 2018. I was let go upon the requisition of the company

Convergys was a equal opportunity company it was very culture oriented and performance driven.

This company has clients all over the world with over 200,000 employees.

It is a Call center based company

Over the years I moved up very quickly from an Agent level to Management and created strong relationships with Operations and Clients .

A typical day for me was to work a trouble ticket system and answer questions and assure that all needs were met within the ticket.
there were 4 Peers within my dept that worked tickets I was every month the top performer in this area doing 70-75% of the tickets

I would attend several Corporate meetings and learned to multi task with ease.

I had many deadlines that had to be met which was hard at times but I never met a deadline by working the extra hours needed to get it done.

I was the go to Person for the company for Time Keeping, Billing and Procedures.
Pros
freedom of working from Home
Cons
always on call
Typical work day
{manager} Technical support advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 December 2018
A typical work day looks like, numerous phone calls both inbound and outbound. Immense customer service skills used daily.
I learned that it is a very independent work space with minimal help from others which is great if thats what you like! Hardest part of my job would've been the constant problem solving and technical issue resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job is absolutely the outcome of the customers attitude as well as co workers, they were truly heartwarming.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, not flexible for scheduling.
Call Centre
OnStar Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 December 2018
The environment is very similar to any call centre environment. If your bathroom breaks are too long, you're penalized. The direct management is not really helpful in any inquiries you have. Long hours, little option to trade shifts and when there is, it's only accessible through the work server.
Pros
Good steady pay
Cons
Long hours sitting
The worst place to work for!
Customer service advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 November 2018
I don't even know where to start when you get hire by concentrix you are not working with concentrix you are working with there clients, i was working as a onstar advisor and it the worst thing i could ever do to myself they sechdule me for long late shift such as 4pm-1:30am as i specifically told management i do not drive and have no other means of getting home apart from the bus, they do not care about their employees as alot of favoritism is done by management i specifically handed in a doctors note saying i cannot work late shifts due to medical reason i even explain why and they still schedule me late hours until i was admitted in the hospital and had to stop working there. while they do pay you and overtime is top notch it is not worth it you hardly have time for yourself and its both mentally and physically draining. i aint even done i could go on and on about this place!!
Pros
it pays even though your pay is never correct
Cons
just through the entire business away!
old company trying to stay relevant
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2018
This company has a ok working/life balance, the management style is ok, salary is lower than average, and the job, although not hard, is time consuming and not always good.
The company cares more about it's clients than it's staff
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 November 2018
Avoid it if you wish to remain sane. They are more concerned about their bottom line and they let the customers treat you like the gum on the bottom of your shoe. Because they are fanatical about their clients.
Pros
My coworkers kept me there
Cons
Long Hours never get weekends off
Good environment but boring
Costco Capital One MasterCard Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB22 November 2018
The people I worked with were very nice and the work itself usually wasn't bad but there wasn't anything to do when you weren't answering the phone and I felt like I was wasting my time.
Pros
Inbound
Cons
Day drags on
it was ok
Full-time agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON20 November 2018
customers were difficult but the environment was great and you would ALWAYS have the support you needed from members that were walking around on the floor
Terrible in all its aspects! Totally unethical!
Multilingual Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Luton19 November 2018
Better stay with no job than working for a company such as Concentrix!
Terrible management that decides based on their instant needs and not a solid long-term plan!
In general, environment that one spies the other. The fact that I scored you with one star is because it's mandatory! You are a below zero company
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything: Management, working culture, totally unethical business!
dont do it
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2018
they dont train you properly, dont answer any questions and dont care when they make you have a mental breakdown because the stress was too much. worst mistake i ever made
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough training
garbage
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2018
very bad work environment. no promoting of talented employees. no free lunches, no long lunch breaks. no amenities or included services. very low pay.
Pros
Cons
long hours, strict schedule, repetitive work
Enjoy my job and fellow employees
Advisor in subscrber services (Current Employee) –  Oshawa5 November 2018
I enjoy the variety of calls that flow through my day from navigation calls to helping with the crisis calls. Having fellow employees close by for assistance if needed helps team building and having team leaders available to give us a hand makes it easier to deal with the day to day issues that may arise.
Pros
environment I work in and fellow employees is nice to have around.
Cons
sometimes lack the tools needed to complete some tasks
okay
Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  niagara falls5 November 2018
nice managers and staff
fun lunches and employee appreciation
triple chats hardest part of job
lack of empathy from managers
must work random overtime
decent place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 October 2018
Taco bell was a good place to work, lots of hours. Friendly people. I didn't leave on bad terms. I left because I moved to a different city that didn't have a taco bell
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Rep - Contract (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 October 2018
It was a nice place to work. The energy was always good, and colleagues were nice to each others.
The most hardest part of the job was receiving a lot of calls in a day
Decent pay, Poor management and Poor Quality, High Quantity Hours
Tier One Mac+ Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 October 2018
A typical day at work is sitting down and logging into a workstation that hopefully works. If not, you may spend a significant amount of time trying to find a working station. Then you proceed to sit down on broken chairs for 8 hours and get yelled at by customers who want free devices, impossible appointments, or who do not want to listen to you. The system, like any call center, is based on statistics and you quickly learn how to function in the system, however meeting the requirements can be difficult and the coaching you get from managers often doesn't help you improve.

The job is good if you just need money. There are more hours available than anyone knows what to do with, but that being said, the extended hours are brutal and mandatory. The scheduling system is broken, and even top-performers end up getting weekend closing shifts. They will force you ahead before you are ready, and will penalize you for sick days. The only way to get a decent or even functioning schedule is through medical accommodations. If you have no way to request medical accommodations, you will be staying late every night.

They provide good training, but have cut it short in recent years due to the high turn-over rate. Most employees either last less than a year, or have been there for ten already. Management has no authority over scheduling requests, and this results in high absenteeism, high queue volume, and little, if any, time between calls.

You get vacation time as part time, but this is poorly managed. If you take the offered time, more often than not they will discover when you
  more... leave that they gave you too many vacation hours and will dock your last pay or demand that you pay them back. You really have to be ontop of your own pay and your own vacation hours, because they will let you take more than you've earned.  less
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Too many forced hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

51K