Concentra Solutions, Inc.

Concentra Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Productive and challenging
Great group to work with. Challenging work and friendly environment to be in. Group activities were welcoming and there was always someone to talk to about work and work concerns.
Pros
free lunches
Just nope
I was pregnant with my second, they were aware when I was hired. I made it known I would have extra appointments because it was on the higher risk side my first boss was totally understanding. About 1.5 months in, the one who began managing the Woodstock branch because she convinced the original manager to leave so she could have her job, fired me for working part time hours....AS A PART TIME EMPLOYEE...and was upset I had medical appointments that everyone was aware of before I got hired
Pros
Not much
Cons
All of it
Disappointing management
Literally one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. The HR is in Georgia when one of the offices is in NB and has one manager who picks and chooses. Things are promised and forgotten and not even a Christmas card at Christmas time. Awful and dramatic !
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Difficult Workplace
Based on my experience with the company, It was difficult to consider this as a long term workplace option. The management was scattered and divided, the expected work load for the amount of pay was unreasonable and as a business that was mainly women, the workplace environment was toxic and catty. I would recommend this business for people with a sensitive nature. This would be a great job for people that love to work 100% independently and do the same tasks everyday. I would not recommend trying to make a career in this business.
Tedious and Lonely Work Environment
The job typically involves listening to and rating customer service calls, depending on your department. This means spending eight hours listening to your agents, by yourself, and reviewing them, by yourself. For some people this is ideal, but many people struggle with the isolation. The pay is not competitive. There are many very nice people throughout the company, including management, it is just a mentally straining job for little pay.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low compensation, zero social aspect to the job
loved it there!
I loved working here. The people I worked with along with management made it seem as though it wasn't work at all. There was always someone willing to help you, answer all your questions and the environment made the low salary worth working there. We are all like a big family.
I loved being here...
I was hired from a temp service into the Mortgage services area. It was a great place to be. Everyone was always warm and welcoming, and helpful with each other. There wasn't a lot of times when I didn't want to go to work - it was just a well rounded place.
Only thing I didn't like is when the old CEO retired, a new one came in from Regina and he 'revamped' the entire company. We were told "oh, you're jobs are safe..." and within 6 months we were told our jobs were on the cutting block. They transferred our department to Toronto to "save money".
They sell it well
Although they promise a world of opportunity, Concentra has limited management and therefore you are not provided many opportunities to move forward in the company.
Pros
Some great co workers that are very dedicated to their jobs.
Cons
Benefits are a main selling point but cost a lot.
Job Security not
Job security was always an issue. More pressure was put on employees then necessary. Huge overturn. I enjoyed some of the employees I worked with, however, due to the huge overturn, most employees weren't there long.
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
Job Security
Relaxed business with nice people
I enjoyed working at Concentra Financial. The people were nice. It was a relaxed work area and good environment to work in. There was very little stress involved in the department I worked in.
Pros
free lunches, paid holidays
It is a productive and a fun workplace.
I did one day volunteer job in Concentra Financial as an assistant administrator. Its a productive and a really fun workplace. I learned filing and some of the computer work. I enjoyed the whole day working there. I didn't fine anything really hard.