Compugen Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to start and grow your career!!!
Technical Support Representative | Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 April 2018
I have been working at CompuGen Part-Time (Less than a year)

CompuGen has highly skilled professionals (both technicians and coordinators) who are passionate with what they do and deliver quality. It is a pleasure to work in an environment where you learn a lot from others and which is very supportive. The culture is very opened and offers a great life balance! The recruitment process was very agile and quick for myself.

Cons

Can't think of any at this moment.

Advice to Management

The involvement shown is motivational. Keep it going.
Once a good company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
Changes in management and cost cutting have seriously impacted this company's ability to deliver quality service. High turnover of staff and hiring low skilled workers results in poor service. Untrained staff are promoted to management if senior managers are related. There are still many great employees working very hard despite the lack of proper tools or the poor leadership.
Pros
Good pay (except for new employees) and good benefits.
Cons
Unqualified managers.
Company with no employee values
ITSM Team Lead, Service Desk, Managed Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 March 2018
Compugen conducts massive layoffs every time a new Director is hired. It happens every 2 to 3 years.
The job security at Compugen is the lowest in Ontario.
Pros
Standard benefits
Cons
Massive layoffs
productif
Représentant Service Technique 3 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2018
environnement sains et complex dès fois. Stressant aussi
Good place to get your foot in the door
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 February 2018
Management is very friendly and helpful. Colleagues are willing to help and assist if any uncertainties arise. As for moving up in the company it is hard for me to say, as I've been with the company 1 year and haven't moved up yet.
Pros
People
Cons
Career progression can get stagnant
Not a very good work environment
Bilingual Technical Helpdesk technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 January 2018
Not a good work environment. Management does not consider the work load being put upon their staff. And Management never communicates what they require from their work staff. Over all the company work environment is very un -healthy.
Pros
Cons
Un realistic work environment
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 January 2018
Okay, not so excellent Job Work/Life Balance
Okay, not so excellent Salary/Benefits
Okay, not so excellent Job Security/Advancement
Okay Management
Okay Job Culture
Desktop Support
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 January 2018
Worked at client site for Compugen Inc.
Typical day of IT support as like many other places.
Lots of tech to learn, no opportunity or offers to learn more by Compugen.
Management is all company based and a lot of yes men/women vs employee based.
All they care about is company revenue.
Raises if you get them are not so great. I have had .5 to 1.5% max over 10 years. With 3 years of no raises.
No appreciation for employees or their work, no perks.
Client was better to me than Compugen was in regards of appreciation.
Lies and deceit are typical practices of this place. MGMT and HR vs PR they put out to word are completely disconnected
Pay is not reviewed as it should be, same job done by many different people with all different rates or the sucker they happen to land.
It is a great company to work and Advance your IT Profession
Configuration Technician (On-Call) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 December 2017
It is a great company to work and Advance your IT Profession.
It is a great company for new graduate to begin their IT Profession and Advance their skills in varies level.
wretched
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
this place was terrible after a few years. Started out fine but pay never went up from 7-11 level, on call was excessive, management only cared about numbers and there was not a single event to give back to the employees.
Pros
better than living under a bridge
Cons
not much better than living under a bridge
Good place for learning
Operations Analyst, Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2017
Compugen a place where Analyst can get knowledge about every IT environment.as well as Compugen provides free training, definitely will recommend for the new learner to join this exciting team.
Good
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 November 2017
A great place to work! Compugen is a beautiful modern building with people passionate about IT. I would recommend working at Compugen to anyone in the IT field!
Learn More with Less pay( good place for Beginners)
IT CLIENT SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Learn More with Less pay -
Good for beginners;
You have to deal with many clients;
Lot of work pressure.
No salary increment I have been getting same pay for last 3 months.
Just Contract Job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
As a contract job, Pay rate was very good.

However, there were not enough hours for contractors to do in a week, even months.

Project Management was poor, giving contractor hard time to deal with progress of the work.
Pros
pay rate acceptable
Cons
not enough work hours, poor project management, etc.
Large scaled company with great employees
Service Coordinator / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 September 2017
Compugen holds the title of one of the top 10 IT Companies in Canada. The company is great to work for, the founder is down to earth and is in tune with all the employees. A large part of the company is sales driven; a large part is timely service as well. The teams are great to work with; however, training and advancement lacked during my time with Compugen.
Compugen
Superviseur des opérations, Services techniques (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC6 September 2017
depuis maintenant 1 an je suis chez compugen.
J'adore l'ambiance de l'equipe et le travail est divertissant
et gratifiant dans certain cas
Pros
la liberter d'agir
Cons
salaire
A declining experience for my duration with the company.
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Compugen, from an IT technician's point of view, is best used as an introduction to the industry. It lacks nearly any sense of company culture from the IT service management point of view.

Early during my employment we did have multiple meetings and culture nurturing efforts but this steadily declined while the workload steadily climbed. I compare this to my experience in related companies including Dell where I may have liked the work less but the support and respect I felt from the company was far greater.

The industry practice of back filling positions with new hires that have little to no IT experience is the staple with Compugen. Our team's technical leadership all but vanished by the end of my term and experienced technicians like myself were left with a team insufficiently trained to support important clients like the Government of Alberta. I was provided no time to train new hires due to my own service load and was forced to work along side employees who lacked any post-secondary IT training. I consider this a failure at the management and HR levels.

Opportunities for work on several contracts were available with optional project work. Technician work balance was decent but low level management was often required to do reporting well into their off hours and even at night.

If you wish to gain experience in the field of IT perhaps look into Compugen but I suggest avoiding them as a career path into the future.
Pros
Maintained GoA contract which was challenging and interesting
Cons
Failed to maintain respectable levels of professional support or culture.
illegitimate releases based on anonymous emails
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
This company releases individuals based on anonymous emails with fake images. Not only that but also on social media profile images and status updates that display history books & Buddhist religious icons.

Needless to say, but the illegal actions of this company without any real investigation into those anonymous emails needs to be considered before anyone thinks about signing on to this company.
did not work for me
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 August 2017
I did not enjoy my time in this regional office. Tools and technology in use at the time were outdated and unsuitable for the job. My manager was not a good people person and did not understand the responsibilities of my role within the larger organizational structure.
work from home
Bilingual Commvault Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 August 2017
work from home
Team meetings once a week
remote access with Laptop
office location close to home
Office perks, employee recognition programs and new facility
Pros
cafeteria food is great
Cons
culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compugen Inc. Our community is ready to answer.