CompuCom Employee Reviews

Found 148 reviews matching the search See all 1,649 reviews
productive and fun work place
Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2018
This is a great company for work .All the employees are very friendly and cooperative.I learnt a lot from my co workers and team leaders .I got lot of skills which are beneficial for next job .
Good for new people to get experience and move on
Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
Managers that I worked with were good but often found themselves between rocks and hard places. Too much emphasis on quantity instead of quality. Tech staff often overloaded at times.
Pros
Benefits start from day one
Cons
low pay little advancement
Level 1 Technical Support - UHN (Current Employee) –  1830 Matheson Blvd, Mississauga30 October 2018
- Good place to work
- Nice co-works
- Okay management
- Hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every customer when there are a lot waiting on the line. But the reward is in being happy to resolve peoples problems and put smiles on their faces.
Pros
Growth in knowledge and experience
Cons
Like of growth in financial benefits
Productive and Learning Environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2018
Starts day taking calls and every day will be a new thing to learn. Creating from all the accounts and performing all the troubleshooting desired for the end user.
Review
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2018
The work at Compucom was a great experience and I learn alot from my fellow technicians. The environment was great to be in able to bounce ideas off each other and learn new and exciting things.
Variety of clients to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
Work was fun however only concern was pay. They pay rate is very low and can't manage. Management is supportive and very relaxed in all situations and the hours were flexible.
Work from home culture is great
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2018
Lots to learn, company is still growing and some growing pains but overall good culture. I am proud to work here. People and Management are great. And I recommend it.
Working at Compucom was very stressfull and there was no room for automation.
BILINGUAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT AGENT AND ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2018
This job could have been a better fit for me before I worked at Moneris Solutions and learned computer programming.

I have no problem with a job being difficult, very demanding, etc...

I am not a big fan of micro-management and Compucom is where I experienced it for the first time.

Customers that calling from all over Canada were not very tech savvy, no problem.
Major problems encountered were:
- computer requirements were far from being met for big company clients to do their daily job.
- lack of time allowed to truly solve problems where computer requirements were being met for daily work.
Pros
very nice employees, including managers, foosball table
Cons
company structure, organization, I'm not sure what was causing such problems
Good techs, useless management
Tech (Current Employee) –  Canada10 October 2018
Working with great technical staff, who are dedicated and technically knowledgeable. Decent work life balance, as OT not recognized or frowned upon unless project $$$.
Management too interested in false data from bad data tools and the dashboards that get populated with this data. Refuse to listen to technical staff.
Chronic under staffing of client facing staff to bolster cost ratios for year end bonuses, which tech staff does not receive despite doing the work.
Since Office Depot buy out, some movement towards soft skills and client relationship development, etc, but if it cuts into the numbers ...
Productivity and fun band family oriente place to work
Customer Service and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2018
In a typical day in my current position I fulfilled management in the facility, as well as training new staffs and over seeing their work. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
I learned to work in under pressure through managed my department alone without any supervision for 3 months. I developed self confidence level, problem solving skill.
Management require to communicate with the client and their customers, vendors and resolve the issues in timely manner alone or as a team.
Adaptably work place, whoever works here helps each other to resolve the issues in work. As long as task completed management is happy about it.
Hardest part of the job is sometimes it’s hard to make customer happy. Always need to be on the loop to resolve the issues. If one day off there are many emails and request to catch up it may cause back log.
Once I knew the system, and experience and the work culture I’m able to work alone and as a team as well. I’m exploring myself to resolve the issue.
They dehumanize employees and treat even highly skilled contractors like throwaways
Field Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
Worked on a short contract with compucom based in Mississauga.

They make you work long hours (12-16 hrs a day) with no days off (for weeks) and no overtime pay under contracts that have very questionable legalities. They don't want you asking any questions about any of the technology on which they have not even trained themselves properly. They don't know how to cultivate long-term relationships with technology professionals.

They provided training that was ultimately useless because it was irrelevant to the actual job in the field. They don't have the proper training materials and they don't answer questions they just get defensive if you ask them anything. Even technical things related to your job. Management treats you like you're the problem if you ask a question about something that doesn't follow from their poor training.

This was consistently the case. People just don't speak up because most of their employees are new immigrants and young people who are afraid to speak up about the severe problems inside this company and its subcontractor companies.

Their jobs are okay in terms of pay if you can get a short-term contract. But they have poor training, shady contracts and treat you like a throw away as if they don't want long-term relationships with skilled technology workers.

I was looking forward to working with them again but I will not be applying for any more jobs with them after the way that I saw them treat myself and other subcontractors.
Pros
Okay pay for short term contracts
Cons
Horrible treatment, treat skilled professionals like children, long hours with no days off and no overtime pay, shady contracts, poor training, poor support when you're in the field properly, poor treatment of technology professionals, no long term potential
The company is great, a loving place for someone that's now trying to get in to IT,
System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
The company is great, a loving place for someone that's now trying to get into IT. A good place to start. They give you a solid foundation to learn from.
Pros
Lots of knowledge, much to learn, certs are paid for.
Cons
lack of training
Very poor workplace culture and management
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2018
Horrible management and job culture. Very high turnover. Disorganized in every aspect of the business. Management and team lead were incapable of running a team properly. Poor training and there was nothing enjoyable about this job. Stay away at all costs!
Pros
Cons
workplace cutlure, disorganized, failure to train and lead employees
sometimes hard and sometimes fun work place
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2018
Good company for starter who is looking to get into career, Managers are very easy going and helpful in guiding the workers to move forward in the carrier.
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
no salary increase
Irrelevant when it's subcontracted out
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON19 June 2018
This was the best job I had in 2 decades, I wish it could have lasted longer (contract).
But they treated us like toddlers for scheduling.
They also created an illegal contract for employment that will bite them back in the future (called shamming in Austrialia)
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No days off, rediculous attendence proceedures
A good company overall
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 June 2018
Compucom: a good company.

Was working there for 5-years. Overall a good company but pay was a bit unfair.

After the merger management become a bit sticker with regards to days off and vacation time. However, they covered employee future training like IT certifications.
Environnement de travail correct
Bilingual help desk analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2018
le personnel est sympa et l`environnement est correct mais je trouve que le management ne gère pas bien le personnel.
Productive workplace with lots of travel required
Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
Typical day at work includes travelling for a good part of the day and required self-starting to organised your work for the week. Management was alright but seems to be trending downward as positions are replaced and chaos beginning to reign.
Cons
Poor internal software
Great place of work.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2018
Its great place of work.
decent pay, benefits.
there are some challenges but management is able to help resolve the issues.
work place culture is professional.
good team, friendly colleagues.
Job Focused only
Team/Technical Lead (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 May 2018
Only concerned with getting the job/contract done. No consideration for any family concerns, etc. I was in four cites over four months and had to negotiate to get home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.