CompuCom Employee Reviews

Employees are very friendly and supportive
System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canada,ON5 March 2018
CompuCom provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies committed to enhancing their end users' experience.
Great
Team Lead/HQ Project Lead Build (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
Manage/Lead various teams of phone technicians, road technicians, desktop support technicians for different vendors/clients. • Install and configure new IT cabinets, servers, network with hardware, workstations and printers for new/rollovers for Shoppers Drug Mart Stores, Statefarm, Citifinancial, Ford Dealer Ships, Homedepot, Petro Canada, Shell, Sportchek, CIBC, Manulife, National Bank of Canada and many other customers.
Good company to start
Operations Manager / Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2018
Salary does not match with the job title and workload. However, it provides a good start to your career. They pay for your certifications and there can be a growth path but it is not for everybody.
Non personal employer
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Non personal employer. I could not work for them again. I did not have a understanding manager who would not allow for special needs for family.

Too bad.
Pros
Non
Cons
many
looking for new oppertunity
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2018
looking for new position for better future found Compucom is the good place for start but might be not very benicicial for higher positions and just you can spend your good time there.
Little to chance of job opportunities
Bilingual Technical Support - Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
Salaries are fairly low but ambiance with the rest of the team was very positive. High stress environment but fair with breaks. Very high employee roll.
Productive with professional approached workplace
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2017
Every day you learn something new which is great for those who interested in developing and improving skills. Management has a very professional approach to their employees.
Good experience
Desk side Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2017
There is a lot of opportunity, You are given almost complete atonomy on how to do your job, as long as you meet the guidelines. The motto was, if there was no complaints, then you must be doing a good job.

Management can be a little on the "cliimbing the corporate ladder" side, but all-in-all it was a good experience.
Got my start
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
I can say that CompuCom gave me a first look into the IT world. Although the hours and pace were crushing, I developed customer communication skills and was able to learn how to convey IT knowledge to less-technical users.
unproductive and minimum fun place ever I met
Service Desk SE III-Tier 2 Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2017
They need to make a salary progress and open opportunity to upgrade candidates. They do not have a bonus system.

They do not have yearly profit system.
Good place to work but pay is not great at all
Unix/Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
depends on every individual if you prefer money over the environment you can work here but if you prefer money over env. better look elsewhere and this is my review of 150 words.
Pros
friendly env.
Cons
less pay
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 November 2017
Nice office environment and friendly coworkers. Very collaborative culture open to new ideas and solution strategies. It was a pleasure to have an opportunity to push my architectural thinking into new dimensions.
Not a bad place to work
UNIX Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary17 October 2017
Not much for bonuses for performance (none to be exact), but up until recently it was fairly large service provider with good network and big contracts. Sales skills lacking there for sure.
Pros
Flexibility and opportunities with different clients
Cons
Compensation and benefits
I did not enjoy working here
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
I did not enjoy working here. The teammates are all very helpful. You are micro managed and they are extremely strict with time ( when people are only a few seconds late from break they get spoken to). I don't enjoy being stuck to a phone literally all day. I need to do more.
Some great managers!
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2017
It was a good place to work. Some really great people, interesting assignments. Very difficult to move between teams and who-you-know can matter. Some managers are old fashioned and are very top down in style, despite corporate open door policies and commitment to innovation and customer focus.
Depot Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 August 2017
You come in, fix equipment from the warehouse and fill in the paper work.

I got a good feel for what working in a repair depot was like and didn't mind it too much.

Management was respectful and well organized with an interest in productivity over punctuality, if you worked your full eight hours and your productivity was there, then that's what mattered.
Great workplace
Deskside Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 August 2017
Compucom is a great place to work, they have great employees and take good care of them. I had the privilege to work for major customers and they were extremely flexible in making sure I had all the resources I need and can provide the best results.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Less money
Not a good place to work
Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2017
Worst management and it's not a good place to work for a living. I have been working here for the passes 20 years and it had been
a pleasure but now the new managements and new owner turn the company upside down.
Good job security
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2017
This is a good company to start your IT company, they do not lay off employees.Management is very good. You have to be flexible with the schedule.....
Call center enviornment
Help Desk Support Technician I (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2017
You come into work, sign into your phone and CTIOS (which is essentially clocking into work). Every move you make is recorded on CTIOS; when you are ready for calls, when you go on break/lunch, when you come back from break/lunch, how long you have been on wrap etc. Unscheduled breaks are allowed, however, discouraged. You can use the break time for bathroom visits but getting up for a walk or coffee is not allowed. You are to remain on Ready for as long as you can so you can take calls. You are to work on tickets when you are not on a call.

2) I have learned quite a few things with regards to drive mapping, network printer troubleshooting, VPN setup, Citrix, etc...

3) Management style is a little strict. You are constantly reminded to be on 'Ready', you are sometimes called out for taking too long on a call or wrapping up a ticket etc. Also like I mentioned, unscheduled breaks are discouraged unless it's for a bathroom break.

4) Workplace culture is actually pretty good. Great people to conversate with, relatively regular events such as BBQ's and appreciation days.

5) Sometimes difficult to troubleshoot an issue when you are not physically there.

6) Colleagues are well rounded and often fun to conversate with.
Pros
Not terrible pay, good people
Cons
Strict management style, unscheduled breaks discouraged, tied to your desk until your break times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.