CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

Canada199 reviews
Nice place to work.
Flexible working Environment - You can work from home for up to 80% - 90% of total work hours.

Good colleagues

Great work-life balance
Pros
work from home
The manager don't know what he doing And like bring his own country people than other . That's not good for company . Work there mess and not friendly.
Endroit agréable pour travailler. Les gens vous aident en cas de besoin.
Compucom is an excellent place to work on a variety of projects all at the same time.
Great learning experience.

Rare on client site visits.

Pay is excellent
I would only recommend working here if you want your soul to be sucked out of you slowly on a daily bases. During my 10 months here I learned what a toxic work environment looks like. We would be told that if we have any suggestions to say them to improve the work environment but when we would say them they would just get dismissed and then weeks later the managers would just repeat what you said and make it seem like their own idea. Besides lunch the only break we would be allowed was to get a quick cup of water and we were told we weren't allowed to sit while we had said cup of water or tea. There is no chance for advancement in this company either. During my time I talked to countless employees who have been working there for 15+ years and they barely make enough to cover there rent, bills and food.
The work was fast-paced and they had free coffee and tea, with events often.

The problem was that management was out of touch with their crew.

A lot of times upper management had no idea what was going on despite being told; then they cut where they could.

The crew you work with is great and a lot of times you may find yourself changing departments, but overall the people you work with are incredible.
- nice work to spend no more than 2 years.
- they have no social community.

- cannot interact without someone talking to you to shut up.

- some managers are really amazing and some just hungry for power.

- salary-wise not worth it.

- good luck.
The company has begun to change direction under the new senior management which should breathe some fresh air into the business. Organizational decisions need to be more thoughtful and less about pure costs.
Managers are not friendly. Stressful working culture. More documentation than pay and work comparatively. Job not secured as it always depends upon the client's feedback.
Work is fast-paced, there are opportunities for advancement. The salary is not very good compared with the competition. Friendly work environment. The management is understanding of the challenges.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Salary is relatively low
They have different rules for different people. Chairs, breaks and cell phone use is not permitted for contract or some FT staff. You get one 30 min break for lunch and that’s it. If you work overtime (an extra 4 hours for example) you still only get that 30 minute lunch. You stand at your pc all day and lift boxes and watch technicians and management sit down and complain about how tired they are.
Enjoyed working with team and previous manager learn alot
enjoy working on Govt project

some of team were very helpful

strict environment

good training provided

manager willing to help and co operate
Over all a great place to expose to various Tech and collaborative efforts to meet SLA ..
Early resolution alerts for upcoming software updates

Game zone to relief stress at cafeteria is icing on cake .
Unless you need experience in IT, I still would not recommend this location. If you do work here, take the experience and leave ASAP. No raises, downsizing company, no growth opportunity.
"Work more with less" is the motto. Pushed to the limit, the company puts their staff in danger. Management is either drastically unqualified or non existent. They outsource staff to other companies and do not support that staff. The first priority is to the other company.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Front line staff are pushed to unhealthy limits. High rate of churn.
Good Stepping stone for someone just starting out, or a someone part-time.
I had open heart surgery while at CC and no card, no flowers, nothing.

My Wife died while I was there and again, nothing, no card, sympathy nothing. Read into that what you will.
Good working environment.
Friendly managers.

Flexible shift times.

Over time offers.

Vacations.

Working from home options is very open.

Medical Benefits for employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
salary package is low
One of the biggest regret of my life is working with compucom. It's like having a workplace PTSD
I wish I had been jobless rather than having to work with compucom

In addition, it is a very biased workplace, where English speakers feel highly 'left out' and insecure.

No workplace culture for language. Management doesn't care he wants to be an employee of the oil and gas and pushing hard. To go internal

It's so horrible. Since he is never there, he acts on hearsay.
Since joining the Infrastructure support team in Canada, CompuCom has been constantly in transition. Management changes have happened around once per year. Ownership changes have happened once every 3 years. There seems be a lack of understanding of the infrastructure services division, because that is not the core business of CompuCom.
Great company - very much enjoyed my time with CompuCom. I would highly recommend working with them and would enjoy going back to CompuCom if the opportunity ever presents itself
While technical teams consist of solid IT professionals, management practices are inconsistent and not conducive to high team moral.
Partial work from home practice is effectively used.